News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Duck Tales Season 3 will apparently include Reduce Rangers!

This is cool. As much as I liked the old Duck Tales, when looking back at it, it definitely shows its age. As for the new one, I can say, as an adult, this new show is brilliant on many levels. I love the writing, the nostalgic throwbacks (to the old show and old comics), and the new characters. While I wasn't sure about each nephew having their own personality, it is by far the best part of the show.
Glad to see it continue on and not get buried like a lot of other Disney shows do after a season or two.
Maybe we will see more Duck Tales stuff in the parks (besides a few toys and the M&Gs at Dinoland (which were probably just the old 90s costumes?)

This is cool. As much as I liked the old Duck Tales, when looking back at it, it definitely shows its age. As for the new one, I can say, as an adult, this new show is brilliant on many levels. I love the writing, the nostalgic throwbacks (to the old show and old comics), and the new characters. While I wasn't sure about each nephew having their own personality, it is by far the best part of the show.
Glad to see it continue on and not get buried like a lot of other Disney shows do after a season or two.
Maybe we will see more Duck Tales stuff in the parks (besides a few toys and the M&Gs at Dinoland (which were probably just the old 90s costumes?)

Now we just need them to add Talespin, Gummi Bears, and Gargoyles

I just watched the Cats trailer, and I have to say, as someone who was hesitant to get excited for The Lion King remake because the animals can't emote.... it could be worse... so much worse.
Clearly I am in the minority, but not only do i love the musical Cats, I cant wait to see the movie. The music is what I love the most. I'm not really a cat person :)

Clearly I am in the minority, but not only do i love the musical Cats, I cant wait to see the movie. The music is what I love the most. I'm not really a cat person :)

I very much appreciate Cats - I a think it is very important to have a show like that on Broadway for people to get an opportunity in, etc

.that said, the CGI in the trailer looks a bit scary

The glasses themselves are a lot of what people don’t like so that wouldn’t solve much. Personally I just don’t think there are very many attractions that benefit from 3D, and I’d say it actually hurts them more than helps in general.

Plus the things people do with those glasses can get unsanitary to say the least.

Minions is pretty worthless without it, I suspect. Also, there aren't that many 3D rides at Universal Orlando. Here's the list. They also send the glasses for sanitizing before they are worn again. WDW does the same. You can tour the eyeglass wash procedure in the Epcot UnDIScovered Future World tour.

Studios: 15 attractions
Minions (previously)
Shrek (not worth riding)
Transformers
Gringott's
Fallon

Islands: 18 attractions
Spiderman
Kong

Honestly I am starting to be! I was going to renew my AP in 2020 and skip this year initially just to save money, but now even that might be a stretch. I definitely wouldn't get the use out of an AP in the 2019-2020 range. It won't be renewed til late 2020 if I do it. I am just starting my full time job and starting to save for like wedding and house and life stuff. Being priced out has been a big bummer.

Stupid Adulting getting in the way of more Disney! ;). Good luck with everything!!!!
[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much! I am getting Peter Pan's logic now.

Lion King's box office numbers are really big.

But I can't get over the fact that Aladdin is nearing the billion mark for worldwide box office.

Should Disney be seriously thinking about a live action sequel to Aladdin? Hopefully a new one that doesn't follow the animated sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!