News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what's going to happen from the 22nd until official opening day on the 29th? DVC previews? Media days? We leave on the 25th and hoping for a soft opening - but not expecting one.

I assume some of those days are for media (probably at least 27th and 29th)

Also D23 is 22nd -26th so perhaps just didn't want to conflict with that even though separate coasts

Any idea what's going to happen from the 22nd until official opening day on the 29th? DVC previews? Media days? We leave on the 25th and hoping for a soft opening - but not expecting one.
Don’t expect a soft opening at all. Unfortunately, there are other previews until you leave. Media and some other stuff.

I don't think he gave Mjolnir the power of Thor - lifing it just a sign of someone being worthy. Guess I am thinking of the scene in the movie when Odin tells Thor the power is in him, and the hammer just lets him channel it (now that he has proven himself worthy of the power and gotten in back in the first movie)

So to give the power to someone, initially (not after being stripped and then using the hammer as symbol of being re-worthy) I don't think Mjolnir is needed
I don't know if this has been responded to yet, but Thor 1's pivotal scene was Odin enchanting Mjolnir by saying "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." This is what allowed Cap to use lightning in Endgame vs. Thanos and could be what gives Jane her powers in Thor 4. Of course, the MCU has really begun to stray away from the comics in terms of finer details so it's anyone's guess.

Saw the video of the new attraction at Tokyo, Soaring Fantastic Flight. The queue looks really amazing, the pre-show is mind-blowing and the ride.....
removed the Effiel Tower and added Tokyo, Tokyo Tower and Tokyo DisneySea.

I missed it by a week. Their ToT is stunning, so I was expecting pretty great things from this.

I never zoomed into the Frozen II poster, but there are different symbols in the 4 biggest crystals of the design. Chances they correspond with some ancient Norse mythology symbols. Or a compass like you said.

I've seen a lot of speculation that they correspond to the four elements, since we see a water horse, giant mountain-like trolls, some kind of dancing fire, and possibly some magic wind in the teaser & trailer

This does seem pretty cool.

But, perhaps I’m getting old, I just don’t like having my phone out in the parks. My kids will love it though, so I just need to “get with the times”, lol.

I love the wand integration at Uni and was hoping WDW would find a way to have interactions without the use of a phone.

I definitely get that - I sometimes feel bad how often I am using my phone and so I try to not use it as much, and then they have things like this app that encourage me to use it more

I will say that at least with other things related to the Play App the games seemed to encourage working on things as a group, so even using your phone you are interacting with other people - not sure about the GE specific stuff though

The new Spiderman ride concept art is out, but
apparently the ride vehicles may not swing.

This does seem pretty cool.

But, perhaps I’m getting old, I just don’t like having my phone out in the parks. My kids will love it though, so I just need to “get with the times”, lol.

I love the wand integration at Uni and was hoping WDW would find a way to have interactions without the use of a phone.

I prefer using my phone over needing to buy something (like a wand), though.

The new Spiderman ride concept art is out, but
apparently the ride vehicles may not swing.
It's no longer planned to be a rollercoaster or high-thrill attraction, so there won't be any swinging. It's going to be an shooter similar to Toy Story Mania, and looks like an Omnimover to me based on the concept art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter