News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean I can get in the land at park opening? Do ADR’s have a separate line like they do at MK?
That, I'm not sure. You should be guaranteed to get in right at park opening, even if the land reaches capacity. I don't believe there would be a separate ADR line as it's after park opening though.

I think it's always been clear that it would be necessary to have a reservation for Savi's, but my assumption is that for the other offerings they will not fill to capacity on reservations alone. I don't think Disney does that for much (they usually have walk-in space reserved at restaurants and experiences like the barber shop). You may not be able to build a droid, but you should still be able to go into the shop. I also think that if you are in the land they will likely give you a return time for Oga's if it is at capacity. Just my $.02, but I think Disney is smart enough to know that there are going to be people who can't or won't reserve these in advance and would be throwing tantrums if they "can't do anything in the land except one ride.".
I just think they are going to shoot themselves in the foot with their attempts at attracting non-Disney Starwars fans with this. All the reservations for the next six months got booked up in a few hours by people who monitor Disney fan sites. Meanwhile the new to Disney Starwars fans will show up, not be able to experience anything other than the ride, go home and tell everyone how they spents so much money to go, then couldn't actually do anything.

I'm on this site multiple times a day and didn't realize these were going to have reservations, so I have my doubts many non-Disney fans will have known. I think it'll just reenforce the anti-WDW stereotypes.

I just think they are going to shoot themselves in the foot with their attempts at attracting non-Disney Starwars fans with this. All the reservations for the next six months got booked up in a few hours by people who monitor Disney fan sites. Meanwhile the new to Disney Starwars fans will show up, not be able to experience anything other than the ride, go home and tell everyone how they spents so much money to go, then couldn't actually do anything.

I'm on this site multiple times a day and didn't realize these were going to have reservations, so I have my doubts many non-Disney fans will have known. I think it'll just reenforce the anti-WDW stereotypes.
I see this happening, too. I feel kind of bad for those guests. But at the same time, I don't really, because we all put in the effort to learn before we go. I'll look at the bright side and maybe the comments from those angry SW fans will keep the crowds away! :P

I actually can't believe how many Facebook posts I have seen today where people on Disney-based fan pages (really popular ones) are asking what Savi's and Droid Depot are, what they should eat now that they scored Oga's reservations, etc. Those are all relatively informed WDW-goers and they don't even know their "dinner reservation" isn't for a meal and that Droid Depot is a place to make droids.

I see this happening, too. I feel kind of bad for those guests. But at the same time, I don't really, because we all put in the effort to learn before we go. I'll look at the bright side and maybe the comments from those angry SW fans will keep the crowds away! :P

I actually can't believe how many Facebook posts I have seen today where people on Disney-based fan pages (really popular ones) are asking what Savi's and Droid Depot are, what they should eat now that they scored Oga's reservations, etc. Those are all relatively informed WDW-goers and they don't even know their "dinner reservation" isn't for a meal and that Droid Depot is a place to make droids.
Yeah, it isn't really going to affect me; it just doesn't seem like a good business decision to me. I am really surprised they let people get multiple reservations too.

I mean some people want to be surprised by the new land too. I have been trying to avoid seeing what the lightsaber and droid experience is like (and even what the items LOOK like). Unfortunately I am having difficulty knowing if I WANT to build a lightsaber or build a droid without SEEING what those experiences are going to be like. Also the 1 builder and 1 guest restriction (at these price points) could push people away. I am already struggling on who (my wife or I) will build one of these things with my son without breaking the bank and getting two.

My son wanted to build a lightsaber (the current $25 ones) when he saw other people buildling as we were browsing through Tatooine Traders. He wanted to build a droid (action figure size) because he saw the big bins of parts in the store. He wanted to buy a Banshee in Pandora because of that corner of the store.

If Star Wars fans cant even walk in to SEE the store and how cool it looks AND need a reservation to build one (sight unseen). I dont see how they are going to get non Star Wars fans to want to make that impulse purchase. *shrug* .. that is usually how those big ticket souvenir items are sold.

Last edited:
I mean some people want to be surprised by the new land too. I have been trying to avoid seeing what the lightsaber and droid experience is like (and even what the items LOOK like). Unfortunately I am having difficulty knowing if I WANT to build a lightsaber or build a droid without SEEING what those experiences are going to be like. Also the 1 builder and 1 guest restriction (at these price points) could push people away. I am already struggling on who (my wife or I) will build one of these things with my son without breaking the bank and getting two.

My son wanted to build a lightsaber (the current $25 ones) when he saw other people buildling as we were browsing through Tatooine Traders. He wanted to build a droid (action figure size) because he saw the big bins of parts in the store. He wanted to buy a Banshee in Pandora because of that corner of the store.

If Star Wars fans cant even walk in to SEE the store and how cool it looks AND need a reservation to build one (sight unseen). I dont see how they are going to get non Star Wars fans to want to make that impulse purchase. *shrug* .. that is usually how those big ticket souvenir items are sold.
Yeah I get what you mean. My husband doesn't want to know anything about Galaxy's Edge beforehand BUT he has me, who loves to do the research and wants to know every.single.thing. Maybe they'll keep some spots available for walkins? I don't follow DL that much, so I'm not sure what they're doing.

The 1 guest restriction is hard. Thankfully for this particular trip we have our in-laws coming so they can watch the kids for the time we're there, or I might just let my F-I-L go with him.

Yeah because that rebooted home alone that was already made worked so well <heavy sarcasm>

Yeah from what I've heard the experience is hidden away completely. They don't seem to have any issues at Disneyland keeping the experience packed, so if that ever becomes an issue I'm sure they can react then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!