News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does everyone feel about the new mid day tickets? Not sure if disney has ever done it before but it seems like a great idea for people who like to sleep in and do morning activities.
Here is link to story for those that haven't seen it:

I think it is a good thing for people that want to just check out the park, good for people that want to avoid the heat of mid-day, etc

Of course can read into it that this is another sign Disney is worried and trying to get more people into the parks
I have friends who used to buy 10 day non-expiring tickets every 5 years and use 2 days each year. They haven't been back to Disney since their tickets expired.

Something like this might entice them as it reduces the cost for a 2 day ticket a little.

I think it is a good thing for people that want to just check out the park, good for people that want to avoid the heat of mid-day, etc

Of course can read into it that this is another sign Disney is worried and trying to get more people into the parks
Yeah that's a good point. They could just be wanting to pack the parks and know this will probably help that. It is a good savings for people who don't go to park that early and instead want to relax by the pool and also not feel rushed for a breakfast. I know a lot of other theme parks do this but honestly never saw Disney doing it but then again it is another option to bring in money so guess I can lol

This is probably a good test for Disney, if they sell enough Half Day tickets, it might be something we see show up durring the "light" crowd times

This is a little shocking to me.

WDW isn't out to save people money. Only reason they would do this is the decline of single day ticket sales, which must be occurring.

This is a little shocking to me.

WDW isn't out to save people money. Only reason they would do this is the decline of single day ticket sales, which must be occurring.

or just tickets in general as these start at noon, so really only missing a few hours, and you can get multi-day. Also these seem a bit more "simple" in that, unless I missed something, there aren't different prices depending on what day you start, etc.

And I think the fact these would not include any extra morning hours (e.g., the 3 extra, extra hours every day they are doing for Galaxy's Edge) I think it is a bit component to be attractive to people that don't care about Galaxy's Edge

And you can almost look at it the flip way, that a "normal" day ticket now costs $88 - but if you want access to the morning hours (with lower crowds) you pay a surcharge

or just tickets in general as these start at noon, so really only missing a few hours, and you can get multi-day. Also these seem a bit more "simple" in that, unless I missed something, there aren't different prices depending on what day you start, etc.

And I think the fact these would not include any extra morning hours (e.g., the 3 extra, extra hours every day they are doing for Galaxy's Edge) I think it is a bit component to be attractive to people that don't care about Galaxy's Edge

And you can almost look at it the flip way, that a "normal" day ticket now costs $88 - but if you want access to the morning hours (with lower crowds) you pay a surcharge
I think it's interesting that you can buy it for today even. GE isn't open yet too. The timeframe is basically 4months of a ticket deal.

For a quick comparison I priced it out for tomorrow (due to the time right now) and a normal 2-day ticket for 8/16 without hopper is $246.88. The ticket deal is $187.06 without hopper. All parks open at 9am tomorrow-the 19th (which is the last day a 2-day ticket could be used for if purchasing for tomorrow's date) with the exception to EMH for MK tomorrow, EMH for DHS Sunday and EMH for AK Monday. If you're going by dollar/hr a loss of 3 hours (excluding EMH) is "saving" a person $59.82. That may very well be worth it to someone.

Obviously dates matter because of the dynamic pricing but it may very well be good pricing for folks who either have morning things they like to do (eat outside the parks, spend time at the resort, etc) or they are just not traveling parties that can get to the parks early enough be that because that's their normal thing or maybe they are coming from offsite and their party is slower in getting ready as well, etc

I think I love the idea of a noon-time discount ticket! It's perfect for us because we hit the parks at rope drop and only stay until 1 or 2 PM, so this will be perfect to keep more people away in the morning so we can get even MORE done. Love it.

I think I love the idea of a noon-time discount ticket! It's perfect for us because we hit the parks at rope drop and only stay until 1 or 2 PM, so this will be perfect to keep more people away in the morning so we can get even MORE done. Love it.
So is this a fall promotion to help fill up a soft fall?
Or is this a test to basically sell two tiers of tickets each day? A FULL DAY ticket and an AFTERNOON ticket?
Or is this just another way to spread crowds out during their anticipated madhouse coming from SWGE?

I like the concept .. as missing only 3 hours (and EMH) isnt really much of a loss IF you intend to stay all afternoon and stay late.

I am guessing the system will prevent you from making fast passes before noon?

Though it is crazy how much prices have gone up .. .. the 10-day park hopper no expiration tickets I bought back in 2014 averaged out to less than these afternoon tickets. ($75/day)

I am guessing the system will prevent you from making fast passes before noon?
Disney's website uses this wording "Disney FastPass+ selections before 12:00 PM will not be valid with this ticket."

That doesn't sound necessarily like the system prevents it on a technical standpoint but I guess we would only know by someone having the ticket and trying it out.

Fall 2019 Issue of D23 Magazine:

We can’t wait for this fall, when Disney+ launches with a slate of original programming we will absolutelybinge watch, and to celebrate, we’re giving fans a sneak peek at some of the streaming service’s most highly anticipated programming, including the live-action adaptation of Lady and the Tramp. The film’s stars, voiced by Tessa Thompson and Justin Theroux, chatted exclusively with Disney twenty-three about bringing this beloved story to life—complete with a canine cast of rescue dogs who found “forever homes” when production ended.

Also coming to Disney+ when it launches November 12 (we can hardly wait!) is The Mandalorian, the first-ever live-action Star Wars series, which will introduce a new caravan of characters in this story set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. Writer and executive producer Jon Favreau and members of the cast sat down to talk about the thrilling new show. Plus, the energetic cast and creator of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series took a break from filming to talk about their meta, magical new show.
But that’s not all! Rounding out this exclusive look at Disney+, film historian Leonard Maltin selects some of his favorite movies that are coming out of the vault when the service launches, and television reporter Craig Tomashoff takes a look at some of the fan-favorite TV making its way to Disney+, including the original DuckTales, That’s So Raven, and Star Wars Rebels.
And the 12 luminaries who are being celebrated as Disney Legends at D23 Expo, including Christina Aguilera, Robert Downey Jr., Bette Midler, and Ming-Na Wen, sat down exclusively with Disney twenty-three to talk about what the honor means to them.
Also included in the Fall issue of Disney twenty-three:
  • Michelle Pfeiffer reveals secrets about her character—and working alongside Angelina Jolie—in this fall’s Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
  • A look inside the August 1962 issue of National Geographic, which featured dozens of pages showcasing The Walt Disney Studios and Disneyland
  • Stars of Modern Family recall their favorite Disney moments
  • A peek inside the new book The Art of Disney Costuming: Heroes, Villains, and Spaces Between, inspired by the Walt Disney Archives exhibit at D23 Expo 2019
  • From the Desk Of: Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline
  • Regular features including By the Numbers, Character Analysis, D Society, and Ask Dave
Disney twenty-three, which is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Family Members as a benefit of their membership. The latest issue will begin arriving in late August.
Think they'll have some of the others like Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, and/or Talespin as well?

I wish they'd offer the same deal for us rope-droppers. I'd give up time after 5pm in order to be the first in the gate.
Problem is its hard to enforce. They would have to do the reverse of the Parties system where they give everyone a wrist band who is only allowed till 5. Which wouldnt be hard for someone to remove. So there is no good way to enforce. At least they can enforce these new afternoon tickets at the gate. To hard to do the reverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!