News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a little shocking to me.

WDW isn't out to save people money. Only reason they would do this is the decline of single day ticket sales, which must be occurring.
Right . .this could be indication that we reached the tipping point, where ticket sales (which were aggressively raised the past 5 years for all this new stuff coming up) are keeping people away (not to mention the non-advertised price increases of food and hotels (which is where the BULK of your cost probably comes from)).

Or it could just be a strategy .. jack up the price so much .. in true Kohls fashion --have a huge single day ticket price . and offer discounts like this to make it feel like you are getting a deal, when in reality this price is what people were paying only 7 years ago (2012).

This also makes ticket packages look like deals too (like the 4 different parks in 4 days type of tickets).

Though it is crazy how much prices have gone up .. .. the 10-day park hopper no expiration tickets I bought back in 2014 averaged out to less than these afternoon tickets. ($75/day)

I just was looking at this as we used APs in 2017-2018 and just bought 2 APs for me and DW. We probably aren't getting an AP for DD so I was curious at the cost of tickets, and I was SHOCKED that an 8 day NO HOP ticket is $487 ($517 with tax) when we are going in Feb! No wonder attendance is down - how can most people afford that! Though I also saw a 5 day ticket was only $30 less.

No wonder they are putting out these discount tickets.

I just was looking at this as we used APs in 2017-2018 and just bought 2 APs for me and DW. We probably aren't getting an AP for DD so I was curious at the cost of tickets, and I was SHOCKED that an 8 day NO HOP ticket is $487 ($517 with tax) when we are going in Feb! No wonder attendance is down - how can most people afford that! Though I also saw a 5 day ticket was only $30 less.

No wonder they are putting out these discount tickets.
$487 for 8 days seems like a steal when you compare it to a 3-4 day ticket which probably a lot of families do (1 day each park).
Pretty sure the afternoon ticket is now the same price that the single day ticket used to be when I started going again a lot (2010) ..

The main reason I am going a lot this year and getting my fix is because my daughter is still under 3. Buying for 3 has been a lot easier to swallow. I still have a about 8 days of unused (non expiring tickets) for my wife and son and I -- but buying a ticket for just my daughter for any future trips will be shocking.

$487 for 8 days seems like a steal when you compare it to a 3-4 day ticket which probably a lot of families do (1 day each park).
Pretty sure the afternoon ticket is now the same price that the single day ticket used to be when I started going again a lot (2010) ..

The main reason I am going a lot this year and getting my fix is because my daughter is still under 3. Buying for 3 has been a lot easier to swallow. I still have a about 8 days of unused (non expiring tickets) for my wife and son and I -- but buying a ticket for just my daughter for any future trips will be shocking.

that is an interesting point - in these "mid-day tickets" seem like a better deal if going for a short trip. Like if I am only able to do, say, 3 parks days ... $84/day seems not so bad compared to $104 -$112/day for full price depending on what day you go) ... whereas with the longer stays, the per/day becomes much cheaper

Sort of interesting part is that makes it easier, in my mind, to do a split stay of 1/2 at Disney and 1/2 at Universal

Right . .this could be indication that we reached the tipping point, where ticket sales (which were aggressively raised the past 5 years for all this new stuff coming up) are keeping people away (not to mention the non-advertised price increases of food and hotels (which is where the BULK of your cost probably comes from)).

Or it could just be a strategy .. jack up the price so much .. in true Kohls fashion --have a huge single day ticket price . and offer discounts like this to make it feel like you are getting a deal, when in reality this price is what people were paying only 7 years ago (2012).

This also makes ticket packages look like deals too (like the 4 different parks in 4 days type of tickets).
Or is this like Pete was referring to on the podcast about away to give an alternative to something like the Free Dining plan? idk

Or is this like Pete was referring to on the podcast about away to give an alternative to something like the Free Dining plan? idk
Well they already offered free dining for the fall (just not during October and November, if I recall) .. so to offer a DISCOUNTED ticket in the fall on top of the that .. plus the fall room and AP discounts -- it is just a bit shocking.

Are they afraid that like Disneyland, people will stay away from WDW this fall .. either afraid of the "expected" massive crowds or simply waiting until ALL of SWGE is done?

Well they already offered free dining for the fall (just not during October and November, if I recall) .. so to offer a DISCOUNTED ticket in the fall on top of the that .. plus the fall room and AP discounts -- it is just a bit shocking.

Are they afraid that like Disneyland, people will stay away from WDW this fall .. either afraid of the "expected" massive crowds or simply waiting until ALL of SWGE is done?
I meant more testing its effectiveness to see if it sells and then using it as a replacement in the future. Interesting though.

College Game Day is on in our house every single Saturday morning!
I think I love the idea of a noon-time discount ticket! It's perfect for us because we hit the parks at rope drop and only stay until 1 or 2 PM, so this will be perfect to keep more people away in the morning so we can get even MORE done. Love it.
We are early park people too and when we go in December and bring our granddaughter (who will only be 15 months old) we will definitely be early to bed park people :cat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter