News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the offer is for D23 expo attendees. I’ll be jumping on that this weekend.

it's actually for all D23 memebers (including just those at the free level) but if you signup at the expo you will get a Founders Circle pin

"With a three-year commitment Expo attendees and all D23 Members can receive a $23 discount on the annual plan."

Well.... If no Amazon Fire I don't have to worry about Disney+ for a while. The whole family uses Fire Tablets and we have Fire boxes and Sticks on the TVs. Interesting that there is a hold up on a major device provider.

Amazon and Disney have fought over Blu-Ray releases in the past as well.
Yes. They don't have a good relationship. But that's a pretty big subset. It was a big deal when Google cut off YouTube from Amazon Fire but it generally all gets worked out in the end. It's in everyone's best interest. So we will see. But it does mean, for now, I'm not looking at signing up. Silly though. I get Hulu through my Fire stuff and, if I cared, could get ESPN+. So I really don't get why someone is drawing the line in the sand now...

Lol, I like being a paid d23 member, the Pins this year were nice, I know the info in the quarterly magazine is stuff you find online but every now and then a d23 member event pops up that I can use, and I like to take advantage of it. My wife loves all her Imagineering branded stuff she has.

Last edited:
Lol, I like being a paid d23 member, the Pins this year were nice, I know the info in the quarterly magazine is stuff you find online but every now and then a d23 member even pops up that I can use, and I like to take advantage of it. My wife loves all her Imagineering branded stuff she has.

yeah, I decided to keep with it for at least one more year. The Pins were nice and they actually have an event coming up in my area (doesn't look like tickets are available yet, but hopefully I will be able to get into that one)

Looks like our first look at the concept model/artwork for the SW hotel transportation just came out. Not sure the validity of it, but makes perfect sense to me. Perhaps we'll get confirmation at D23?

Looks like our first look at the concept model/artwork for the SW hotel transportation just came out. Not sure the validity of it, but makes perfect sense to me. Perhaps we'll get confirmation at D23?

Definitely think it makes sense for more to come out about the Star Wars Hotel in general at D23 (construction is definitely coming along) and this transportation is a key part

Looks to be pretty much what I expected - sort of mimicing the Hogwarts Express concept - though seems to be using a bus ... wasn't sure if it would be like a free moving bus or more of a fixed structure like a people mover type thing

Yes. They don't have a good relationship. But that's a pretty big subset. It was a big deal when Google cut off YouTube from Amazon Fire but it generally all gets worked out in the end. It's in everyone's best interest. So we will see. But it does mean, for now, I'm not looking at signing up. Silly though. I get Hulu through my Fire stuff and, if I cared, could get ESPN+. So I really don't get why someone is drawing the line in the sand now...

Wasn't there supposed to be a Hulu package with Disney+? I was planning to buy that and get Hulu on my Fire Stick.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Hulu package with Disney+? I was planning to buy that and get Hulu on my Fire Stick.
There will be both a bundle that includes Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ as well as Disney+ being simply an add on for Hulu, basically the same as HBO and Showtime.

Yes. But based on the currently available devices you won't be able to get it on your Fire Stick. At least not yet. I expect Fire will be added at some point. It's just a very conspicuous absence right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!