News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems for those people who dont care about ESPN plus but want Hulu and Disney plus, is to go for the 3 year discounted dis+ as a separate option than bundling with your Hulu account. It will save you a touch over 100 dollars to just pay for Hulu Separate and Dis+ as a separate account and leave ESPN+ in the dust. The unbundled price with the d23 discount plus 3 years of Hulu at the 5.99 price comes out to 356.61 for 3 years where the bundle price for Dis+,Hulu with ads, and Espn+ is $467.64.

Just food for thought for those of us that couldnt care a bit about ESPN+

It seems for those people who dont care about ESPN plus but want Hulu and Disney plus, is to go for the 3 year discounted dis+ as a separate option than bundling with your Hulu account. It will save you a touch over 100 dollars to just pay for Hulu Separate and Dis+ as a separate account and leave ESPN+ in the dust. The unbundled price with the d23 discount plus 3 years of Hulu at the 5.99 price comes out to 356.61 for 3 years where the bundle price for Dis+,Hulu with ads, and Espn+ is $467.64.

Just food for thought for those of us that couldnt care a bit about ESPN+
Even though I have Hulu, I pay for the one with no commercials so for me it makes more sense to sign up for this offer since they haven't really announced a bundle for the upchrge Hulu and Disney+.

We're another Fire stick only household.
Hopefully the Amazon devices get added. I have an Apple TV as well, but only my Fire Stick is 4K.

However, I remember with original announcement none of these other devices were included in the launch list so there's still a chance they will work out something with Amazon before it officially launches.

Some of this is hard to believe. If I’m reading this right she is saying that one year they reported $10bn in revenue from parks when the real revenue was only $4bn. That’s a pretty big sum of money for an auditor to not notice is missing. Bernie Madoff and Enron got past audits because their alleged businesses were so allegedly complicated the auditors couldn’t understand them, so they just signed off on whatever. Theme parks is not that hard - money comes in, less money goes out, the difference between those numbers should be in a bank account somewhere.

Some of this is hard to believe. If I’m reading this right she is saying that one year they reported $10bn in revenue from parks when the real revenue was only $4bn. That’s a pretty big sum of money for an auditor to not notice is missing. Bernie Madoff and Enron got past audits because their alleged businesses were so allegedly complicated the auditors couldn’t understand them, so they just signed off on whatever. Theme parks is not that hard - money comes in, less money goes out, the difference between those numbers should be in a bank account somewhere.
Reading the article I agree most if what she says isn't plausible.

It seems like she is saying that the software is able to be exploited, not even that it was. That $6 billion figure I think was if every single transaction of an exploitable transaction type was misrepresented it could amount to that much. Additionally, there is probably some grey area as to how you manage and record discounts with relation to revenue and expenses. From my understanding most of the practices described here would artificially increase expenses as well as revenue and have a net zero effect on profit (the exception being the double counting gift cards that would falsely create double profits and therefore increase taxes)

This all just seems like a bunch of ridiculous exaggeration of some minor vulnerabilities in standard practices.

Hopefully the Amazon devices get added. I have an Apple TV as well, but only my Fire Stick is 4K.

However, I remember with original announcement none of these other devices were included in the launch list so there's still a chance they will work out something with Amazon before it officially launches.

you all honestly thought that Amazon; a direct competitor to disney+ would host it? do you understand what is going on with these corporations?

you all honestly thought that Amazon; a direct competitor to disney+ would host it? do you understand what is going on with these corporations?
They’ve been perfectly fine with hosting all other streaming services. Netflix, Hulu, HBO, etc...
It’s not like Disney+ is special, of course people expect it to be like every other service.

They’ve been perfectly fine with hosting all other streaming services. Netflix, Hulu, HBO, etc...
It’s not like Disney+ is special, of course people expect it to be like every other service.

this is a big industry change when Disney+ launches; it is unlike anything before it and the other platforms are aware of this

this is a big industry change when Disney+ launches; it is unlike anything before it and the other platforms are aware of this
In what way is it unlike any other service? It’s not the first studio specific one, it’s not the cheapest one, it’s not the largest one, it’s not the first with Disney content (and it won’t be the only one). It’s a streaming service with content that’s been on other services that will be rotated with some original content tossed in, the same as all the others.

It is not a big industry change, it’s a major player in the industry reacting to a big industry change. That’s still a big deal but the service is not a revolutionary concept. It’s Disney trying to do what others (including themselves) already do.

In what way is it unlike any other service? It’s not the first studio specific one, it’s not the cheapest one, it’s not the largest one, it’s not the first with Disney content (and it won’t be the only one). It’s a streaming service with content that’s been on other services that will be rotated with some original content tossed in, the same as all the others.

It is not a big industry change, it’s a major player in the industry reacting to a big industry change. That’s still a big deal but the service is not a revolutionary concept. It’s Disney trying to do what others (including themselves) already do.
agree to disagree; i dont think you get it but I don't care to argue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts