News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sort of amazed that Disney+ is a bigger story here than the two big accusations against Disney are.

Only so much to discuss with those though - bit of he-said/she-said and hard to know exactly what is true and what isn't

Is interesting in timing though for both to come out right before D23 and right before GE opens in Florida

Shaky or not I think it shows Disney is not safe from stuff like this when I’d assume many feel they are. Also shows how Disney or companies like Disney will use social media and other mediums like it to promote or showcase what they want.
honestly i was talking about the whistle blower story of today; not referencing the snyder stuff. I think they're a bit different but i dont think theres anything wrong with disney astro turfing lol just need to be able to see through that nonsense if that is what is going on

this is a big industry change when Disney+ launches; it is unlike anything before it and the other platforms are aware of this
I'll be honest I just don't see anything different here than what's already been around--it's almost like they are late in the game. Bundling services isn't new, streaming isn't new, exclusive content isn't new. Can you elaborate your viewpoint in what to you personally makes it a big industry change and unlike anything before it so I can understand a bit more what you're meaning.

I'll be honest I just don't see anything different here than what's already been around--it's almost like they are late in the game. Bundling services isn't new, streaming isn't new, exclusive content isn't new. Can you elaborate your viewpoint in what to you personally makes it a big industry change and unlike anything before it so I can understand a bit more what you're meaning.
are y'all serious? did you not see Disney stock get re-rated after the streaming debut in April? you all need to pay more attention to the stock market when getting a feel for these businesses and their industry; im not pulling this out of thin air

Shaky or not I think it shows Disney is not safe from stuff like this when I’d assume many feel they are. Also shows how Disney or companies like Disney will use social media and other mediums like it to promote or showcase what they want.
It’s exploded on some other sites, I’m sure a few of us got our fill in elsewhere. I fell in that hole for far too long ready. Plus now we get to wait to see what the next story being released tomorrow is.

Only so much to discuss with those though - bit of he-said/she-said and hard to know exactly what is true and what isn't

Is interesting in timing though for both to come out right before D23 and right before GE opens in Florida
That’s sort of my point. Will we get even more accusations or issues brought up. I know this site is a bit different than WDWmagic but that place is going nuts with all of this. It’s just interesting to see the difference between the sites.

It’s exploded on some other sites, I’m sure a few of us got our fill in elsewhere. I fell in that hole for far too long ready. Plus now we get to wait to see what the next story being released tomorrow is.
Yeah that’s my thought what’s next?

Is it sad that I kinda assume large corporations can have shady stuff they do? That said I'm intrigued what comes about from it but the article about the inflated revenue does make my mind thing of Enron even though it's not quite the same.

One thing that can make my mind sorta have doubts is the employee-employer relationship of a whistleblower--presumably someone is speaking out for good reasons but I think it can muddle it if there was possible poor relations between the employee and the employer..or well in this case alleged poor relations beetween the employee and employer.

are y'all serious? did you not see Disney stock get re-rated after the streaming debut in April? you all need to pay more attention to the stock market when getting a feel for these businesses and their industry; im not pulling this out of thin air
The stock market is not a gage for new groundbreaking things. It’s a gage for things that will potentially make money. People invested because they see Disney as a proper competitor in the already existing streaming market, not because Disney+ “is unlike anything before it”. Because it simply is not different than what currently exists, it’s just a strong potential competitor.

The stock market is not a gage for new groundbreaking things. It’s a gage for things that will potentially make money. People invested because they see Disney as a proper competitor in the already existing streaming market, not because Disney+ “is unlike anything before it”. Because it simply is not different than what currently exists, it’s just a strong potential competitor.

Plus if looking only at what the stock did, I'd imagine people didn't consider that it wouldn't be available on Amazon when it launched, so what will that do if it's not. There's a lot of people that won't be able to get it, so if only looking at the stock what's that do, make it go down? High stock prices don't cause success they are the result of the success or potential growth/success but that doesn't mean the potential pans out.

That’s sort of my point. Will we get even more accusations or issues brought up. I know this site is a bit different than WDWmagic but that place is going nuts with all of this. It’s just interesting to see the difference between the sites.

Guess I just am not really sure what else to say - but maybe I don't fully appreciate the potential implications

Just feel power plays and using the media happens everywhere - I would be more surprised if it wasn't going on. And yeah, social media is new, but whether it is wdwmagic or CNN there are always biases and agendas in the media - all about getting clicks and views

I do think this (at least potentially) tarnishes Iger's legacy. And if anything ever comes out about illegal activity related to something the scale of the FOX merger, then that would be something Major hat could drastically impact the company long term - but this all seems like typical corporate politics

I’m sort of amazed that Disney+ is a bigger story here than the two big accusations against Disney are.

I guess I’m just too cynical and had assumed Disney was already doing these things, the influencing and suspect financial reporting. I just figured they were keeping people happy enough to not say anything or their reputation was too strong for people to care. I’m more amazed that people are finally talking about. I think every successful company has shady financials and overt media influence. That’s partly why I don’t like to refer the DIS team as influencers, because I think they have more integrity than that.

The two forums have different personalities and "jump on" different things because of those two different personalities. Different levels of cynicism about different aspects of Disney... here I feel there are a lot of posters (and lurkers) that just want to watch how things pan out prior to discussing it too much, unless it is a concrete change to Disney operating procedure, then the gloves come off. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter