News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a little behind so I don't know if this has been covered at all this year, but does anybody know if they reduced the number of tickets sold for MNSSHP this year? We went last week and it was a much more pleasant experience than when we went about the same time last year. I don't know that either night sold out but it was so much less crowded in the hub and getting spots for the parades. Maybe this was not a common experience this year but we were quite happy!
I was wondering the same thing. We were there last night and I was worried it was going to be crazy because it was sold out but it wasn’t bad at all.

Speaking of MNSSHP, @rteetz, have you heard anything about a sewage line break or anything near Magic Kingdom/Contemporary last night? We were waiting for the bus after MNSSHP around 12:30 and the entire MK bus waiting area smelled like sewage and just kept getting worse and worse. I’ve never smelled anything so gross in my life. The mass crowds of people waiting for busses all had their hands over their noses and people were gagging. We couldn’t believe how disgusting it was.

Speaking of MNSSHP, @rteetz, have you heard anything about a sewage line break or anything near Magic Kingdom/Contemporary last night? We were waiting for the bus after MNSSHP around 12:30 and the entire MK bus waiting area smelled like sewage and just kept getting worse and worse. I’ve never smelled anything so gross in my life. The mass crowds of people waiting for busses all had their hands over their noses and people were gagging. We couldn’t believe how disgusting it was.
From my own personal experience this just occasionally happens in that area (a couple times each trip), especially closer to the Contemporary. It most likely has to do with a drainage in the area and the fact Florida is a swamp, and I notice it more after a rainy day.

I was wondering the same thing. We were there last night and I was worried it was going to be crazy because it was sold out but it wasn’t bad at all.

No I haven’t.

From my own personal experience this just occasionally happens in that area (a couple times each trip), especially closer to the Contemporary. It most likely has to do with a drainage in the area and the fact Florida is a swamp, and I notice it more after a rainy day.

I guess I’ve never been back that close to the Contemporary while waiting for the bus. We were hearing construction sounds so didn’t know if they were working on a problem. I’ve smelled slight smells there before, but nothing as bad as this. It seriously smelled like our heads were inside an overloaded porta potty toilet 🤢

Maybe it’s an occasional ongoing issue like another poster suggested. I see that there was discussion about this in the past on here. We always stay at the contemporary and walk back and forth to the mk but have never smelled anything bad.
Here’s a link to the post and discussion about the smell...
https://www.disboards.com/threads/what-is-up-with-the-awful-smell.1508160/

I'm actually really excited for this. I don't expect it to be a masterpiece but it looks like it'll be a lot of fun!

giphy.gif

I dont know about this one. Looks like something one of the second tier studios would put out. But I'm staying open minded for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!