News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding MNSSHP sell outs - My theory is that after a few parties being ridiculously crowded, probably due to the Party Pass, Disney reduced the number of regular tickets they were selling. Over on the MNSSHP thread, there were reports a few weeks ago Disney was actually asking Party Pass people to consider leaving one night! Also, some recently had purchased tickets from UT only to have UT tell them that Disney reduced the number of tickets available to them and they had to refund their money!

On another note, we just got back from a 10-day trip (7 park days) and I am here to tell you the parks were packed! I went into this trip fully aware that there were fall breaks happening. (That’s why we picked that week, so that my nephews wouldn’t miss too many school days.) The first weekend was crowded but this past weekend was CRAZY crowded. The worst wait I saw was *175 minutes* for Safaris!!!! I have never seen that before! Galaxy’s Edge was pretty crowded, too. EEMH on Saturday were fairly busy! I know that one week probably does not make up for the previous two or three weeks’ low attendance. But, WDW still seems like a LOT of families’ go-to vacation spot! As my husband puts it, “It’s vacation in a box!”

For whatever reason, I've learned that Columbus day weekend is one of the worst weekends to be at WDW. In 2017 there was a line outside to then get to wait in line inside to order food at Cosmic Rays the Saturday of Columbus Day weekend. I've vowed to never return during this time.

For whatever reason, I've learned that Columbus day weekend is one of the worst weekends to be at WDW. In 2017 there was a line outside to then get to wait in line inside to order food at Cosmic Rays the Saturday of Columbus Day weekend. I've vowed to never return during this time.

I believe this is "jersey week" [east coast term I think] - new jersey schools are off and lots of people vacation to disney. My guess is there are other areas/states that also have the week off - or a super long weekend.

I believe this is "jersey week" [east coast term I think] - new jersey schools are off and lots of people vacation to disney. My guess is there are other areas/states that also have the week off - or a super long weekend.
Jersey week is in early November. Early October (around Columbus Day) is really just a lot of school breaks.

Jersey Week is typically the week in early November when there is a teachers convention and many of the schools have a few days off. This can also coincide with Election Day or Veteran's day.

Jersey week is in early November. Early October (around Columbus Day) is really just a lot of school breaks.
Thanks for the correction.....the term threw me for a loop for a long time til I learned what it was referring to. guess a lot of prep going on for it now on some boards that's why its forefront in my thoughts

I don’t know that we’ll go that week/weekend ever again, or even in October at all. It was SO hot and at the beginning of the week, the humidity was so oppressive (and I’m from Georgia!). But, we really wanted to go with my brother and his family, and this was the best time for them. We usually take our long trips in November—after Jersey Week 😉 and before Thanksgiving week—and the weather has typically cooled off and the crowds are very low.

Last edited:

side note, our one experience was that it was a good week to go visit California, since I guess they don't have anything off then. We went to the San Diego Zoo on Columbus Day and it was like we were the only people there - and coming from the NY Metro area where it is one of the busiest holidays I was not expecting such low crowds!

I work at a local urgent care and our daily patient load pretty fairly follows the rise and fall of Disney World crowd levels. I can tell you that we saw a 33% jump in patients per day for the days around Columbus day weekend vs the first weekend in October. And we have the same thing happen for at least the 2-3 years. I know its completely anecdotal but considering our patients are majority tourists it is a pretty fair measurement of WDW crowd levels.

Regarding MNSSHP sell outs - My theory is that after a few parties being ridiculously crowded, probably due to the Party Pass, Disney reduced the number of regular tickets they were selling. Over on the MNSSHP thread, there were reports a few weeks ago Disney was actually asking Party Pass people to consider leaving one night! Also, some recently had purchased tickets from UT only to have UT tell them that Disney reduced the number of tickets available to them and they had to refund their money!

Huh, that would make a lot of sense and would explain our experience at the MNSSHP. Hopefully that carries through for the Christmas Parties (likely just hopeful thinking I know)

Anyone know of any rumors regarding a party pass for the MVMCP? I know the answer is probably no, but I would love it if it was available.

Huh, that would make a lot of sense and would explain our experience at the MNSSHP. Hopefully that carries through for the Christmas Parties (likely just hopeful thinking I know)

Anyone know of any rumors regarding a party pass for the MVMCP? I know the answer is probably no, but I would love it if it was available.

are their any patterns to when the parties are more crowded? (beyond like Opening Day and actually on Halloween) ... just wondering if they could do something with the party pass that it is only valid on days that tend to not be as crowded?

I am sure it is great to have that pass to offer for locals who can go with less notice and on nights that are less crowded ... but for the nights that sell out of regular tickets, it just adds to crowds that are already, really, too high for a hard ticketed event

It’s the same at Disneyland! Learned the hard way...

Last edited:
Columbus Day is the same date Canada has their Thanksgiving so all Canadians have at least a 3-day weekend with many schools adding days off to the long weekend.

I've gone Columbus Weekend for the past 5 years. I felt that it wasn't as crowded as previous years actually.

are their any patterns to when the parties are more crowded? (beyond like Opening Day and actually on Halloween) ... just wondering if they could do something with the party pass that it is only valid on days that tend to not be as crowded?

No discernible patterns thus far. That’s the maddening thing about these parties, too. Someone may go on a Friday and experience very low crowds, and another person may go on a Tuesday and experience crazy crowds.

I feel much of it has to do with what guests choose to do During a party and also what they’re used to experiencing in the parks crowd wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter