News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel much of it has to do with what guests choose to do During a party and also what they’re used to experiencing in the parks crowd wise.

The party on 10-14 was sold out. We rode rides and trick or treated and had a fantastic time. For once I really didn't feel like I had to constantly worry about my 8 year old getting run over.

That is always one of the things that annoys me the most: Disney sets things up so you can start planning details out 180 days out but then will change hours just a month or two or sometimes even weeks out and it messes up your plans
Disney is so inconsistent when it comes to that stuff. At the same time companies who do these types of events don’t always work 6 months out either.

Disney is so inconsistent when it comes to that stuff. At the same time companies who do these types of events don’t always work 6 months out either.

I know and can't always be helped

Though if they shortened the booking windows for guests that could pontentially help. I mean, could do dining at 90 days (or even 60) and FP at 45 for on site guests and don't think that would drastically impact most people

(thought I know this has been covered before and like shouting into the wind ... Disney wants you booking and prepaying for things as early as possible)

I know and can't always be helped

Though if they shortened the booking windows for guests that could pontentially help. I mean, could do dining at 90 days (or even 60) and FP at 45 for on site guests and don't think that would drastically impact most people

(thought I know this has been covered before and like shouting into the wind ... Disney wants you booking and prepaying for things as early as possible)
I agree but I don’t see Disney backtracking this anytime soon,

The descriptions explained what it is. They have named things plenty of different things to be in theme I don’t think that’s it. This is likely from general guests complaining.

Yeah, it's worth remembering even if that were *actually* Batuu, there'd be people getting off the shuttle and immediately complaining cos the food looks funny, and can't they just get a hotdog somewhere.

ugh, another ride (along with Test Track) that will be down when we go in February
Bummer!! - same here, we're there early February, and our daughter finally got to ride Splash last trip (she's very small for her age). Admittedly, Test Track doesn't bother me as much (not a big fan) and if it keeps Spaceship Earth open longer than it would have otherwise, I'm fine with that one.

Is this just being announced now? That would be the bigger issue for me. Seems pretty late to do this to people who have thought they had a solid vacation plan and those that bought midday magic tickets.
I've known they were closing early and it wasnt a party since I started planning over 6 months ago. I treated it like a party night and planned a dinner and GF with possible fireworks from a beach.

Bummer!! - same here, we're there early February, and our daughter finally got to ride Splash last trip (she's very small for her age). Admittedly, Test Track doesn't bother me as much (not a big fan) and if it keeps Spaceship Earth open longer than it would have otherwise, I'm fine with that one.

Yeah, definitely trying to look ok at the positive side impact of TT bring down that it likely means SSE will still be open

We are going Presidents week so just resting ripple effect of more rides being down when it already tends to be crowded

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!