News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would it be helpful/used if I created a thread within this forum to discuss Galaxy's Edge and changes to immersion, what is working/isn't, types of audiences, etc.?

I know there is the separate sub-forum for GE in the Theme Parks forum but doesn't seem to be much discussion like this there (was a bit in the dining thread when changes first announced but has gone quiet).

I could start a separate discussion thread there instead if people would go over there to chat, but I know some people really just come to this News section of the boards

I think it is really relevant discussion about the evolution of the parks and what it means for the future - but also get that it distracts from actual "news" posts here

Would it be helpful/used if I created a thread within this forum to discuss Galaxy's Edge and changes to immersion, what is working/isn't, types of audiences, etc.?

I know there is the separate sub-forum for GE in the Theme Parks forum but doesn't seem to be much discussion like this there (was a bit in the dining thread when changes first announced but has gone quiet).

I could start a separate discussion thread there instead if people would go over there to chat, but I know some people really just come to this News section of the boards

I think it is really relevant discussion about the evolution of the parks and what it means for the future - but also get that it distracts from actual "news" posts here
I think that’s a great idea as so many of the posts lately are SW focused so there seems to be a lot of interest in discussing SWGE and we can focus on News here.

I know it sounds like I'm being nit-picky, and I understand it's all marketing, but don't try and feed me that bull of "each cast member is a character".

I think it would be better if SWGE CMs were just Disney CMs and they had a handful more of actual SW characters (even unknowns) roaming the land interacting with people or with the ships.

I suggest the SWGE subforum. This isn’t really news or rumors at this point.

@TheMaxRebo will you post if you do? I wasn’t able to respond to people yesterday (darned real life!), but I also don’t want to drag the conversation out here.

NEWS

Fencing puts monorail station inside secure area - should be soon that won't need to go through double security checks when taking monorail from MK to EPCOT

Has the reverse been true for awhile? We didn’t have to through security going from Epcot into MK.

@TheMaxRebo will you post if you do? I wasn’t able to respond to people yesterday (darned real life!), but I also don’t want to drag the conversation out here.

Has the reverse been true for awhile? We didn’t have to through security going from Epcot into MK.
You haven't had to go through security when going from Epcot to MK, but from MK to Epcot you have had to go through security again for a while now.

I’d like to point out that for the previous 2 movies they started selling the tickets well before the trailer dropped so don’t wait around before trying to book. Just keep refreshing the entire first half until it works.

just since it was burred in that story, so people see it - tickets will then go on sale following the airing of the trailer

View attachment 445555

Good news! I did not die and I rode it twice.

The secondary restraints have been removed, but the primary restraints are much more snug than I remember. They seem to be a few inches lower, which is a very good thing. The load time is longer since they allow the cars to have much more room. The motions seemed much less jerky and the spins were more smooth. Overall, as someone who hates the Primeval Whirl I felt that it was much improved. Whatever they did to the primary restraints made me feel much more secure.

I also have a suspicion that they opened it up for Disney After Hours. It wasn’t opened the other times I’ve been to Animal Kingdom this week and it’s printed on my program.

A6F2F8EC-2CF7-4F1D-B645-C7841A00A870.jpeg

Attachments

• BDC4FB3E-5B5B-4CAB-89B3-DBA35F101317.jpeg
    BDC4FB3E-5B5B-4CAB-89B3-DBA35F101317.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1
Good news! I did not die and I rode it twice.

The secondary restraints have been removed, but the primary restraints are much more snug than I remember. They seem to be a few inches lower, which is a very good thing. The load time is longer since they allow the cars to have much more room. The motions seemed much less jerky and the spins were more smooth. Overall, as someone who hates the Primeval Whirl I felt that it was much improved. Whatever they did to the primary restraints made me feel much more secure.

I also have a suspicion that they opened it up for Disney After Hours. It wasn’t opened the other times I’ve been to Animal Kingdom this week and it’s printed on my program.

View attachment 445694

What are the "primary" and "secondary" restraints? There's the seatbelt, which was previously loose and only buckled with a plastic buckle, kind of like Alien Swirling Saucers and Mater at DCA. The other restraint was a padded bar that came down, but not very far. I actually mashed my chest really painfully on that last March. The bar was really far from me with a big gap. We were tossed around, and my arm flew up between the bar and my chest. Then I smashed forward into my arm and the bar. It was really painful.

What are the "primary" and "secondary" restraints? There's the seatbelt, which was previously loose and only buckled with a plastic buckle, kind of like Alien Swirling Saucers and Mater at DCA. The other restraint was a padded bar that came down, but not very far. I actually mashed my chest really painfully on that last March. The bar was really far from me with a big gap. We were tossed around, and my arm flew up between the bar and my chest. Then I smashed forward into my arm and the bar. It was really painful.

The seatbelts are now gone and there was no gap between the bar and my lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter