News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was actually good. I was very reluctant at first too. My son really wanted to see it at the theater though. I had also heard some reviews from people who hated the first one but thought the story and CG were much better. I don't think it's better, because I liked the uniqueness of the the first one so much. However, I thought this one was really good.
I agree. I was really pleasantly surprised! I don’t recall enjoying the first one much, but I thought this was great. It’s about as close to what a live-action Disney Fairy Tale SHOULD be, in my opinion. Just pure magic in a lot of ways. Story was lacking as expected but lost early animation was too.

Finally caught up!
1. Haven't eaten a hot dog in years, but when I did, I liked ketchup AND mustard in pretty squiggly lines, which would be impossible to do with a small condiment cup. Also, I would need around 10 of those for an order of fries!
2. Ending the double security points is wonderful news!
3. I cannot believe that a long-sleeved 20k Leagues shirt costs 55.00! Over the years the quality of shirts has gotten lower as the prices have gotten higher. Going to have to be totally in love with a shirt to buy one, and only one, during my next trip at those prices.
4. It was one thing to hear about the Fountain closing, but it was quite another to look at the demolition pictures. That really upset me. :(
5. Max: Thanks for making a new thread for the SW discussion, although I did find it interesting. I am looking forward to checking it out in January, although I won't be riding any of the rides. (vertigo and back issues)
6. Thanks again Ryan for keeping us all up to date! Now if they would only announce an opening date for Space 220, and when ADR's will be available, I would be a happier planner. A closing date for SE would also be nice as I am really hoping to go on it the first week in January!

Great opportunity to can catch a nice 6 hour 58 minute nap in the middle of it.
Cool, but what order are they showing the movies? :)

it doesn't say, but my guess would be in storyline order (so episodes I -> VIII) not release date since they are trying to build up to the final installment of the story, I figure story order makes most sense for this event

If it works like at Disney only those in your party with the AP can use the AP Lanes - you can't bring non-AP holders with you
I've never seen Disney enforce that. Must people in the AP lanes while I'm there have no idea how to use the tapstiles, so I really doubt they are actually APs. I've also had no problem using it with split parties.

I've never seen Disney enforce that. Must people in the AP lanes while I'm there have no idea how to use the tapstiles, so I really doubt they are actually APs. I've also had no problem using it with split parties.
In my recent experience, the AP line was much slower than the other lines... I think we used it only once or twice in my recent trip, as the other tap lines (in each park we visited) were moving right along, while the AP line was almost stagnant. Maybe different times of day are different, but that's what we found. The only times we did use it, they had no problem with my hubby coming in with me, even though he had only a PH ticket.

it doesn't say, but my guess would be in storyline order (so episodes I -> VIII) not release date since they are trying to build up to the final installment of the story, I figure story order makes most sense for this event

If that is in fact the case:

1. Episode I
  2. Episode II
  3. EpisodeIII
  4. Solo
  5. Rogue One
  6. Episode IV
  7. Episode V
  8. Episode VI
  9. Episode VII
  10. Episode VIII

My experience has been similar to yours, although I attribute it to the fact that the people that don't know what they are doing are people that have come down for the first time and decide to upgrade. Don't know why that's my first though...but...yeah...

Should we believe the rumors that they are currently reshooting 75% of Rise of Skywalker less than 9 weeks before it opens?

Interesting...I may not be the best map reader in the world, but it looks like unless they build another ramp there won't be a connection between Osceola Parkway and World Drive? At least I think I'm remembering this correctly but that bridge currently connects the two right?
You are absolutely correct. I was thinking the exact same thing, then I saw your post.

I'm surprised they haven't done something to connect Osceola Parkway and World Drive before announcing demo of the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!