News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
though it states "Experience all nine Star Wars saga films in one epic day. " so I don't think it will include Solo or Rogue One - will just be Episodes I - IX

Even counting episode 9 into to 27 hour marathon time, those 9 movies don’t come anywhere close to 27 hours. That’s 3 hours per movie. Only a few of the Star Wars movies even break 2.5 hours. Most are around 2 hours and 15 minutes.

If you include the 9 movies from the trilogies plus the 2 stand-alones, you get about 25 hours. I’m wondering if it also includes the Clone Wars movie since it’s still 2 hours short. Or maybe they just have big enough breaks between all the showings.

I’ve never been to a marathon longer than 3 movies, so I don’t know how they handle breaks for these longer ones. For Back to the Future there was about a 20 minute break between films. To get to 27 hours with only the Skywalker saga you’d need hour long breaks between movies.

I guess that’s what they are doing, but an hour seems like a long time to wait for someone already trying to watch 9 movies back to back.

I’d also greatly prefer they start with the original trilogy and let me sleep through the prequels. Starting 27 hours out, that means 3pm-midnight would be the first set of movies and midnight through 9am would be the 2nd set. Putting the best (according to most people who’d probably do something crazy like this) in the middle of the night would suck, and putting the prequels then sounds perfect.

Last edited:
Even counting episode 9 into to 27 hour marathon time, those 9 movies don’t come anywhere close to 27 hours. That’s 3 hours per movie. Only a few of the Star Wars movies even break 2.5 hours. Most are around 2 hours and 15 minutes.

If you include the 9 movies from the trilogies plus the 2 stand-alones, you get about 25 hours. I’m wondering if it also includes the Clone Wars movie since it’s still 2 hours short. Or maybe they just have big enough breaks between all the showings.

I’ve never been to a marathon longer than 3 movies, so I don’t know how they handle breaks for these longer ones. For Back to the Future there was about a 20 minute break between films. To get to 27 hours with only the Skywalker saga you’d need hour long breaks between movies.

I guess that’s what they are doing, but an hour seems like a long time to wait for someone already trying to watch 9 movies back to back.

I’d also greatly prefer they start with the original trilogy and let me sleep through the prequels. Starting 27 hours out, that means 3pm-midnight would be the first set of movies and midnight through 9am would be the 2nd set. Putting the best (according to most people who’d probably do something crazy like this) in the middle of the night would suck, and putting the prequels then sounds perfect.

I did the 1-7 Marathon when The Force Awakens opened.

The order was Episode 1 through Episode 7.

There were minor (10 minute about) breaks between each movie as well as longer breaks (over an hour) between Episodes 3 and 4 and again between 6 and 7.

Episodes 1-6 have a run time of about 13 hours and 15 minutes. 7/8/9 will have an approximate runtime of 7 hours (give or take) so the total will be around 20 hours and 15 minutes. 20.5 hours just to give extra leway.

If you put and hour break between 3 and 4, 6 and 7, and then before 9 you can add 3 more hours. Then add in some 20 minute breaks between and while it does not up to 27.5 hours you can see how it is possible to do.

Interesting...I may not be the best map reader in the world, but it looks like unless they build another ramp there won't be a connection between Osceola Parkway and World Drive? At least I think I'm remembering this correctly but that bridge currently connects the two right?
Yes, there is a ramp that connects Osceola Parkway and World Drive. Its a big cloverleaf that connects all directions.

Oh my. It isn't even officially Halloween yet!
This needs to live on dh's wrist for sure!
NEWS

Disney Springs Christmas tree Trail construction starts

We didn't make it to see this last year and judging from the pics of it last year I felt that was good enough to check out the photos. I'm curious about this year's.
Got mine! 7PM Ultra Screen 12/19!
Every AMC here is already sold out for Thursday night and the marathon doesn't even have a price on it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter