News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the past it has been this:

Cash Room Reservation: Up to the number of people on the Members Room
DVC Point Reservations: Up to the number of people staying on the Member's Points
No Reservation: Up to 4 guests (including all Members)

If you have no reservation sign up is after those with a reservation. It is a lottery essentially to get tickets for the event. You basically need to launch the sign up page before the time and everyone on that page will be randomly placed in line to sign up. Also note you need to own enough Direct points to be eligible the event (just bumped up to 100, was previously 75 a few weeks ago). If you have a reservation call Member Services to make sure your reservations shows up properly in the system.
When did it get bumped to 100?

Rumor working on confirming: Did anyone else hear that Disney Dining phone line has been closed as of this past Sunday? I just got off the phone with Disney Travel (of course their system is down right now) and I wanted to make a reservation for a large group on Disney Dining. I was told it was shut down as of this past Sunday and all reservations need be done online or via app unless you are (1) booking/canceling same day, (2) booking for large group or (3) one other scenario (which I can't remember). I really hope this is not accurate. Hoping this is not accurate!

Rumor working on confirming: Did anyone else hear that Disney Dining phone line has been closed as of this past Sunday? I just got off the phone with Disney Travel (of course their system is down right now) and I wanted to make a reservation for a large group on Disney Dining. I was told it was shut down as of this past Sunday and all reservations need be done online or via app unless you are (1) booking/canceling same day, (2) booking for large group or (3) one other scenario (which I can't remember). I really hope this is not accurate. Hoping this is not accurate!

yeah, this was announced a week or 2 ago - though Disney was wording it that using the online system is now the "preferred" method but it did state that “Cast Members at the Disney Reservation Center will continue to be available to help with reservations for groups of eight or more, same-day cancellations, in addition to other assistance guests may need, including Disney Resort hotel reservations, special offers, general questions and more”.

https://blogmickey.com/2019/10/my-d...ethod-to-make-and-modify-dining-reservations/

I called yesterday to add a special request to one of our reservations (asked if they could add a note that my wife and I are celebrating our 10th Anniversary) and they did so without issue. In fact, she said she added the note to all of our reservations :)

I had to call this week to book the Pirate Crew experience. They definitely request in the phone menu to book online when possible. The first question she asked me was whether I tried to book online. She was helpful otherwise (this experience can't be booked online). I am unsure whether you would be turned away for something bookable online. I daresay at this point they are in the educating phase where they will probably still help you but eventually will start phasing down.

It’s nice to have that a little more confirmed now, but it seemed pretty clear that was the target.
I was hoping it would be 2023 or 2024. Regardless my mind is so excited that possibly 4 years (depending on when in 2023 it opened) there could be a brand new theme park...not a land..not a new ride..but an entirely new theme park :hyper:

Now the kicker will be will Universal open it in stages, the bulk of the new theme park, or completely finished? I know with Volcano Bay it opened when they were still doing things here and there.

I was hoping it would be 2023 or 2024. Regardless my mind is so excited that possibly 4 years (depending on when in 2023 it opened) there could be a brand new theme park...not a land..not a new ride..but an entirely new theme park :hyper:

Now the kicker will be will Universal open it in stages, the bulk of the new theme park, or completely finished? I know with Volcano Bay it opened when they were still doing things here and there.
It’s meant to open with the 4 major corner lands, the center, and the hotel all in 2023, from all the info that’s out there. And they have planned expansions as well. Of course things can always get delayed or cancelled so we’ll just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter