News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you think the last Avengers movie will be available on Disney + tomorrow?

I never saw it! My plan is to get wine and watch it tomorrow night. (work from home on Wednesdays :) )

They are saying it will be available at opening.

Anyone else worrying about the typical Disney IT problems with Disney+? As in, it's not going to work on Day 1?
Yeah - I'm not counting on being able to use it tomorrow. At a minimum, I am anticipating at least taking time to download and activation being a slow process. It's sad that we will be surprised if there are no issues.

Anyone else worrying about the typical Disney IT problems with Disney+? As in, it's not going to work on Day 1?

I didn't think about it not working. It's not a big deal I guess, I'll watch over the weekend. :)

There shouldn’t be any issues, Disney is outsourcing all the IT on +. The only issues that may happen are long download times for the app. When I say long download times, I mean 2-3 minutes vs 10-15 seconds. Disney has done this the right way. They have additional server farms,bandwidth and staff on hand to make sure it goes smooth, they can’t have any hiccups on this, they’ve spent a huge chunk of change and have bet a lot of the future on it. They are using the team that developed the HBO app and they learned a lot from the early Game of Thrones issues.

Last edited:
Don't laugh, I'm not up on all this tech stuff.
Disney+. Will it be on the TV? I have a smart tv, will it be available as a choice? Will it go through Amazon?

Not really... Disney bought an already established streaming company for 2.5+ Billion to make Disney Plus.

There may be some log-in issues and stuff because of the ridiculous amount of people trying to log-in at once, but I don't think it will be typical Disney IT bad, since it's not in-house Disney IT.

Don't laugh, I'm not up on all this tech stuff.
Disney+. Will it be on the TV? I have a smart tv, will it be available as a choice? Will it go through Amazon?

I think it will depend on the TV. If it's a Google TV or Roku TV, then I'm pretty sure it will be available day 1.

Edit: I looked it up and found all of the available devices. If it's Google, Roku, or Amazon, then it will work. If it's made by Samsung, Vizio, LG or Sony, then it should also work day 1.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/11/09/disney-plus-how-to-watch-ps4-tv-game-consoles

There shouldn’t be any issues, Disney is outsourcing all the IT on +. The only issues that may happen are long download times for the app. When I say long download times, I mean 2-3 minutes vs 10-15 seconds. Disney has done this the right way. They have additional server farms,bandwidth and staff on hand to make sure it goes smooth, they can’t have any hiccups on this, they’ve spent a huge chunk of change and have bet a lot of the future on it. They are using the team that developed the HBO app and they learned a lot from the early Game of Thrones issues.

I am not worried about the actual service and the streaming ability/quality, etc. but I am a bit worried about just being able to download the app and log on and stuff like that if "everyone" is trying to do that at the same time

sort of surprised Disney didn't have the app out and working for a while now so people could download it and ensure login credentials work, etc. and then just show trailers until the actual "go live" date/time

I'm not sure I've seen this mentioned in the last couple pages, but keep in mind Disney+ has been available in the Netherlands for several weeks now and has been testing extremely well there. They haven't had access to any of the new content (like the Mandalorian or the Jeff Goldblum show) but they've been able to test it out and view older movies and shows. I'm not saying there won't be any problems, but I just thought maybe some here weren't aware of this testing phase they've been in.

As PP said, depends on the tv. Some “smart” tv’s only come with pre-installed apps with no app store to add more. If that’s the case, you’ll need a Roku or Amazon Fire stick. If you have an app store on your tv (or your blu-ray player), then it should show up tomorrow.

I'm not sure I've seen this mentioned in the last couple pages, but keep in mind Disney+ has been available in the Netherlands for several weeks now and has been testing extremely well there. They haven't had access to any of the new content (like the Mandalorian or the Jeff Goldblum show) but they've been able to test it out and view older movies and shows. I'm not saying there won't be any problems, but I just thought maybe some here weren't aware of this testing phase they've been in.
Have they said how many in the U.S. are pre-signed up for Disney+? For instance we just signed up for the 1year free with Verizon a few days ago but had no real intention before that deal coming out.

Testing or no too many people attempting to be on X at one time can flood it causing it to crash. That's more what I would be concerned about.

Have they said how many in the U.S. are pre-signed up for Disney+? For instance we just signed up for the 1year free with Verizon a few days ago but had no real intention before that deal coming out.

Testing or no too many people attempting to be on X at one time can flood it causing it to crash. That's more what I would be concerned about.
Not that I'm aware of, no. I also think that's what makes 6 AM eastern so smart of them. Yes, SOME people will be up downloading it that early (3 AM on the west coast??? yikes!), but it should help limit the number and spread things out at least a little.

It's almost Disney+ day!!! It's almost Disney+ day!!!!

I'm going to be sure to watch the Mandalorian at 8 am tomorrow then go to work.
I'm really wishing I had the late shift this week....hopefully no issues when I get home from work on tuesday at 3:30pm or so. Mandalorian, here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter