News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think anyone has mentioned the FP update in the recent MDE update. You can no longer modify and see both times for the current selection and other available rides. Now, you can either change the time (for the same ride) or change the ride. Yes, it does the same thing, but not as convenient.
I didn't know about this - and that seriously sucks! When we're grabbing our rolling FP or on our last one, we almost always use that ability to have one ride but see others that are available before deciding to switch. We might grab one ride because it's open, even though we'd prefer something else, but then keep checking the other rides to see if there's something we'd prefer. That is going to seriously affect how we use our +1 FP (rolling one we get after the first 3 are used).

Also, we actually noticed something new on our last trip - it used to be, or so we thought, that once your FPs expired, regardless of which park, then you could add that extra one. Apparently this won't work if you don't go to the park where you had the FPs. For example, we made plans to be at MK for a day when we were 60 days out. However, when a waitlist came through and our hotel changed, we changed our plans last minute as to which park we wanted to go to - we also changed even more based on being tired - and just went to DHS instead that day. That afternoon, we made a FP, after the others had expired, for Toy Story Mania. We thought that was our last rolling one, but it instead counted as our first FP, so we realized that night we couldn't make another FP for one of the rides at DHS because we hadn't "used" up our 3 FPs and we couldn't get another one in the same tier. By then it was too late to even get something for the shows to let expire because there were no more shows in the last few hours the park was open. I don't know if this was new as well, or if it was just our first time not getting to a park entirely that we had originally planned on going to.

I didn't know about this - and that seriously sucks! When we're grabbing our rolling FP or on our last one, we almost always use that ability to have one ride but see others that are available before deciding to switch. We might grab one ride because it's open, even though we'd prefer something else, but then keep checking the other rides to see if there's something we'd prefer. That is going to seriously affect how we use our +1 FP (rolling one we get after the first 3 are used).

You can still do that. There are now 2 different Change buttons...one does the time for that given ride and one is to see other rides.

Just though I'd share that Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad are on a live TV show here in the UK promoting Frozen 2, and they said they would be up for a Frozen 3, as long as the story is right, just like how it took 6 years to get the perfect story for Frozen 2, and Idina emphasised that Frozen 2 was not created purely for monetry reasons, but because there was a good enough story to be told. :)

Just though I'd share that Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad are on a live TV show here in the UK promoting Frozen 2, and they said they would be up for a Frozen 3, as long as the story is right, just like how it took 6 years to get the perfect story for Frozen 2, and Idina emphasised that Frozen 2 was not created purely for monetry reasons, but because there was a good enough story to be told. :)
But the money didnt hurt ;)

I don’t think anyone has mentioned the FP update in the recent MDE update. You can no longer modify and see both times for the current selection and other available rides. Now, you can either change the time (for the same ride) or change the ride. Yes, it does the same thing, but not as convenient.

Looks like I’m joining the no-updating club again. I managed to keep the version of the app that let you transfer fp’s until I downloaded ios13 a few months ago, at which point the wait times stopped working. I still don’t like the new set up of the app, it’s harder to navigate.

Looks like I’m joining the no-updating club again. I managed to keep the version of the app that let you transfer fp’s until I downloaded ios13 a few months ago, at which point the wait times stopped working. I still don’t like the new set up of the app, it’s harder to navigate.

Usually several of us are trying to modify the fast pass at the same time to see who can come up with the best. Guess we'll have to split it to one person trying to get a better time while another person tries for a better attraction.

Call me old fashioned, but I'm still of the opinion that "you can't top pigs with pigs". :)

Ditto! I shall be tortured by the little red 1 on my App Store icon until at least after our December trip. If I see it's working OK for others or there's a new strategy at that point, maybe I'll update. I miss the change party!

I just hope the Disney Animation Studios don't go through "sequel-itis" like Pixar did for the last decade. We've got Wreck it Ralph 2 -- Frozen 2 ..
Disney+ (just like the straight-to-DVD releases of the 90s) should be the home for sequels :).

I'm not saying Frozen 2 will be bad, I am saying that a sequel prevents original content from being produced.

I just hope the Disney Animation Studios don't go through "sequel-itis" like Pixar did for the last decade. We've got Wreck it Ralph 2 -- Frozen 2 ..
Disney+ (just like the straight-to-DVD releases of the 90s) should be the home for sequels :).

I'm not saying Frozen 2 will be bad, I am saying that a sequel prevents original content from being produced.
That remains to be seen. The only Disney Animation movie that's been announced is Raya, which is a new IP. They've announced dates for others but no idea what they could be just yet.

I agree - having new stories is definitely a good thing. As for Frozen 2, I actually think it has the potential to be better than the first, but that's because I thought the first one was actually kind of a weaker movie. While I thought the music was good and the scenes and interactions with Anna, Kristoff, and Olaf were the strength of the movie, I thought the overall story was weak and most of the Elsa stuff really as well. Obviously it's well known that Elsa changed from an antagonist to a protagonist, and I think that shows in the disjointed feel (to me) of the movie. I think now that they have the characters and their roles more formed, they could create a movie with a more cohesive story and feel to it. I think they will likely have a hard time with the fact that "Let It Go" was just next level huge as a song, it's unlikely they will match that. The story and movie itself has the potential to be better though.

Is Milennium Falcon now taking Fastpasses+ at WDW? We are at DHS today and got in the standby line around 10am and saw some people tap magic bands and seem to go into FP!? Any gossip on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter