News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true. The last three days I would argue the non-resort guest had a better opportunity. You just have to get there early. Plenty of locals and non resort guests rode multiple times over the last few days. Today was the first real advantage for resort guests.

And even today I don't think there was any benefit

Not true. The last three days I would argue the non-resort guest had a better opportunity. You just have to get there early. Plenty of locals and non resort guests rode multiple times over the last few days. Today was the first real advantage for resort guests.
The off-site people had the same chance - actually many of them did vetter than the onsite people there as if you were riding a ride when the system opened you had issues getting a BG

I think there are some cons to the VQ but Disney has really not provided any benefit to those being onsite

I was talking about with EMH today being an advantage for resort guests.

So resort guests get one day a week with a major advantage. I don’t see why that’s not fair?
I'm just against Virtual Queue for the reasons already laid out. I don't like that if you aren't staying on property today or there 45 minutes before opening other days you have zero chance to ride, but many of those people would never wait in a physical line.

I've hate virtual queues since I was in college and my school did something similar for big games which resulted in the diehard fans getting terrible seats while people that didn't understand football got great seats.

Getting there for rope drop these days means at least 30-45 minutes before park opening if not earlier. If you did that you would’ve got a group. I’d you show up at park open you’re behind for any rope drop.
You aren't locked out of any other ride of you tap in 10 minutes before open. I've had great RDs tapping 10 minutes prior to opening.

But I really don't get the point of no FPP, but then doing VQ.

I'm just against Virtual Queue for the reasons already laid out. I don't like that if you aren't staying on property today or there 45 minutes before opening other days you have zero chance to ride, but many of those people would never wait in a physical line.

I've hate virtual queues since I was in college and my school did something similar for big games which resulted in the diehard fans getting terrible seats while people that didn't understand football got great seats.
To each their own but to me this is a win for the guest and for Disney. Guests aren’t waiting 10 hours and those guests are in turn spending money elsewhere.

You aren't locked out of any other ride of you tap in 10 minutes before open. I've had great RDs tapping 10 minutes prior to opening.

But I really don't get the point of no FPP, but then doing VQ.
This ride isn’t running any where near capacity yet. The virtual queue gives Disney more freedom to slow return times than FP which has specific return times. Disney has more control here.

This ride isn’t running any where near capacity yet. The virtual queue gives Disney more freedom to slow return times than FP which has specific return times. Disney has more control here.

Glad to know that ROTO is not yet running at capacity. I guess Disney needs time to iron out the details and errors... Really hope that my family will have a chance to ride it in August but without the need to be there at RD.....

Not really Disney related, but thought I'd share. I did Christmas at Sea World in Saan Antonio last night. First time I've been to a Sea World since 2003.

We all really enjoyed it. The had Christmas versions of all the shows which were cute. The Christmas lights were really amazing, much better than Six Flags lights. They also have their tickets significantly marketed down.

I tried to convince my wife to let us upgrade to season passes so we could go in Orlando next time we're there, but she didn't believe I would leave the bubble to go.

My 3 yo DD was entertained all day and she even made the decision to watch a final show vs riding more rides (never happens at Disney).

Any ways, if you haven't been to Sea World lately, I think it's worth checking out.

Question. If you rope drop DHS and secure a boarding pass for RoR, can you hop to another park and return at your allotted time?

Not really Disney related, but thought I'd share. I did Christmas at Sea World in Saan Antonio last night. First time I've been to a Sea World since 2003.

We all really enjoyed it. The had Christmas versions of all the shows which were cute. The Christmas lights were really amazing, much better than Six Flags lights. They also have their tickets significantly marketed down.

I tried to convince my wife to let us upgrade to season passes so we could go in Orlando next time we're there, but she didn't believe I would leave the bubble to go.

My 3 yo DD was entertained all day and she even made the decision to watch a final show vs riding more rides (never happens at Disney).

Any ways, if you haven't been to Sea World lately, I think it's worth checking out.
We always enjoy going to SeaWorld Orlando during the Christmas season. The shows and decorations are very nice, plus we always love the coasters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter