News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute, something in there about movies they are still making caught my eye. I didn’t make the connection before. Does this mean Disney now also owns The Kingsman stories/franchise?

I’m not sure if I’m thrilled or worried about that.
They own the distribution rights. I’m not sure if it’s like avatar where James Cameron still owns the IP.

Aladdin could be another money-loser like Dumbo.

Aladdin might surprise people. I had limited interest in seeing it, since I’m really not a fan of the animation to live action remake concept at all. Then I watched the extended preview at DHS over Easter weekend. It was good. Surprisingly good. I might actually go see it. I was shocked how much I liked the preview, having gone in expecting the worst.

Spider-Man was listed above, but I believe that does not count for Disney. Sony owns the rights to that one. I think I read the deal with bringing Spider-Man into the MCU was that Marvel Studios (Disney) would provide their talent/producing/writing to help Sony make the movies in exchange for Sony allowing them to bring Spider-Man into the MCU and use him in the Avengers movies. I think the deal was that they’d help Sony make 3 movies. Someone can correct me or add to this if I’m off on it.

The Secret Life of Pets did great - but boy a very, very bland movie.

Wow, really? I thought it was so hilarious and was so excited to see an ad for a new one coming out! I'll probably go see it in the theater! Maybe it's because I'm an animal and pet lover though.

Saw Endgame - don’t want to say anything at all about it yet, as most everyone else hasn’t had the chance and I believe in a pure viewing experience!

However, I did want to post about theater etiquette. We were heavily distracted by a couple things:
1) Someone was filming the first several minutes. Their phone was bright and a major distraction. No one appeared to have said anything at the time. I noted who they were and after the movie, upon exiting to the parking lot, I caught up and tried to, as politely as possible, remind them that not only is it incredibly rude and distracting, but also illegal and just plain wrong. They denied being the person (I’m positive it was them). Not really sure I handled it appropriately and just wondered if anyone else had suggestions?
2) HOW do people still not put their phones/watches on silent for these movies?!? HOW?!
3) The man next to my husband was obviously suffering from major congestion and his excessive sniffles were constant throughout the entire movie, audible even during louder scenes.

Add the general wrapper-crinkling, drink-slurping, ice-shaking noises in and it was one of my most miserable movie-going experiences ever... a real shame given the magnitude of the movie. If anyone has small theater options (like an iPic), I might suggest trying to see it that way. It’ll cost more but the runtime and better chance of a quality viewing experience might make it worth it.

You really must find an Alamo near you. If we can't see something in 3D at Alamo, we will still go there and watch it in 2D. We tried too many times to watch 3D at other theaters, when it wasn't available at our Alamo. It was just always a disappointing experience.

We were at another theater, waiting to the end and watching the credits. Us and another couple, that was older than us, were the only people left in the theater. They started recording at some point during the end credits. I figured out pretty quickly that they knew someone who worked on the movie and were recording the name on the screen. The employees walked in to start cleaning. They yelled at them to stop recording the movie and that they were going to confiscate the phone. The couple was trying to explain that they were just recording someone's name in the credits, a family member or something. The employees were really acting stupid and went to get the manager. The people had been recording at all during the rest of the movie. The couple ran out before anyone could come back. What movie pirater is going to record the credits, especially with the lights on and the theater empty:confused3

The Secret Life of Pets did great - but boy a very, very bland movie. I'm sure the sequel will do well. Animated movies in the summer almost always do well. I don't think Disney has to worry about Toy Story 4 being hurt.

Oh...I agree. I don't care for Universal/Illumination at all. I never was impressed with the Despicable Me movies, either.

I'm in the minority, though. Their films are inexplicably popular worldwide. Give me WDAS and Pixar every time instead!

Aladdin might surprise people. I had limited interest in seeing it, since I’m really not a fan of the animation to live action remake concept at all. Then I watched the extended preview at DHS over Easter weekend. It was good. Surprisingly good. I might actually go see it. I was shocked how much I liked the preview, having gone in expecting the worst.

Oh...that sounds very promising!

Thanks!

Spider-Man was listed above, but I believe that does not count for Disney. Sony owns the rights to that one. I think I read the deal with bringing Spider-Man into the MCU was that Marvel Studios (Disney) would provide their talent/producing/writing to help Sony make the movies in exchange for Sony allowing them to bring Spider-Man into the MCU and use him in the Avengers movies. I think the deal was that they’d help Sony make 3 movies. Someone can correct me or add to this if I’m off on it.
You are absolutely correct.

Another possibility, maybe they are saying it's not valid for this new one meal free dining package that disney is currently offering for the summer. That would make sense since it is a $30 quick service breakfast.

I called and the CM I spoke with had no idea what the message I see on my confirmation means and assured me the BOG breakfast and lunch are absolutely QS credits

I called and the CM I spoke with had no idea what the message I see on my confirmation means and assured me the BOG breakfast and lunch are absolutely QS credits
Please keep us posted! I'm interested to see if they plan on changing this in the future, we always eat there for lunch and get our "holiday" pics by the tree! If this chnges, we'll seriously have to look at menus and see if it's something worth it to us in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter