News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband could drink his weight in soda every day. But these look like they have so little in them that he probably won't bother.

Funny though... when they first released the pics of the bottles, I posted a sort-of-joking FB post saying that people could expect to buy them on eBay beginning 5/31. Guess I'm not surprised they're limiting purchases!
They are the same size as the Christmas ones they have done in the past. 13.5 oz I think or so.

My husband could drink his weight in soda every day. But these look like they have so little in them that he probably won't bother.

Funny though... when they first released the pics of the bottles, I posted a sort-of-joking FB post saying that people could expect to buy them on eBay beginning 5/31. Guess I'm not surprised they're limiting purchases!
They look to be the same round Coke "ornament" bottles they've sold at Christmas with just a different wrap, which I think were slightly more liquid than a can. (13.5 oz versus 12 oz cans).
I would gather, though, (due to their "uniqueness") that they will sell for the exact same price as the 20oz bottles they sell throughout the parks.

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about the SWGE coke bottles? And I am DYING for SWGE in general! Will be in DL in Jun (last minute booking) and WDW on opening day.

I imagine most people don’t care much either way. Some will look and think “neat” and maybe buy it.

Personally buying one might be one of the first things I do when I get there, I imagine it’ll have the shortest line. But Coke is quite possibly my favorite thing on this Earth. And I’m planning on possibly one of the worst days for each park. 4th of July for Land and opening day for World.

It must be time for a reboot of that franchise too! :crutches: :crazy:
The market today is a lot different then when these were made. I cannot imagine an angry or a sad Apple Dumpling Gang viewpoint, and there will never be another Don Knotts to go with Tim Conway. Trying to imagine a piece of slapstick humor and while discussing the politically correct term for Dopey the dwarf (wait for it, its coming soon. Now that crows are out, can the dwarf names be far behind? See what I mean, my attitude is getting mean just typing these words.)
https://psychcentral.com/news/2019/...is-more-angry-sad-and-less-joyful/142306.html

Gross.

Have not been a fan of game of thrones since they ran out of book material.

Also don't think they can write women characters well.

Sigh.

At least I have the SW TV shows to look forward to.

Well, put it this way, GRRM hasn't been able to write well after his last book either. GRRM wrote himself (and the show runners) in to a corner. There is a reason why everyone has been waiting 8 years for a new book. I don't blame the show runners for the last few seasons. I blame GRRM for leaving off with an amazing amount of loose ends that don't make sense.

GRRM has said this himself.

I can’t see Lucasfilm giving them full freedom. They could do based off a storyline from one of the Star Wars books.
I don’t think Lucasfilm is interested in telling the same story in multiple media though. So the storylines we will see will be new, and if they are anything like seasons 7 and 8 of GoT they will not be good.

I don’t think Lucasfilm is interested in telling the same story in multiple media though. So the storylines we will see will be new, and if they are anything like seasons 7 and 8 of GoT they will not be good.
Well they definitely will be new stories. I would consider the books new stories as main stream isn’t reading those for the most part.

Well they definitely will be new stories. I would consider the books new stories as main stream isn’t reading those for the most part.
Well we will see, but I’m almost positive that stories already told in books will not be rehashed on the big screen.

That would be very out of character for Lucasfilm to do a movie based on one of their books.

There were books covering the time period of the new trilogy, and they ignored everything in them.

As it stands now, the books are just kind of filling time in between the movies.

They could look at the books they de-canonized, but I doubt it.

Well we will see, but I’m almost positive that stories already told in books will not be rehashed on the big screen.

That would be very out of character for Lucasfilm to do a movie based on one of their books.

There were books covering the time period of the new trilogy, and they ignored everything in them.

As it stands now, the books are just kind of filling time in between the movies.

They could look at the books they de-canonized, but I doubt it.

I’m not saying they’ll necessarily make a movie or series solely based on a book but they certainly could use pieces from the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!