News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope they have a solid mutual aid agreement with Orlando and an aggressive Volunteer Firefighter Program.
One hundred thirty eight firefighters are far too few for a jurisdiction the size of Reedy Creek.
The 1.4 M worth of new equipment is a total waste if there aren't enough highly trained personnel to utilize it properly.
I am obviously not well versed in this but Reedy Creek isn't like most other cities. I would guess that they may not need the typical amount of firefighters for that size of property because it isn't a densely populated area like a normal city. I would hope though that they hire more when needed and it seems there may be a need.

I am obviously not well versed in this but Reedy Creek isn't like most other cities. I would guess that they may not need the typical amount of firefighters for that size of property because it isn't a densely populated area like a normal city. I would hope though that they hire more when needed and it seems there may be a need.

I would think it would have to do more with size they cover and what could happen. What if there are emergencies in every park at the same time, it could happen though not likely, that require engines and not just medical aid. I would think with Disney Springs it may be close enough to another station to get help if needed. I know my city has it's own fd, I could walk to the station in less than 5 min, but we get back up from the county if it's needed. But the county also serves the two cities next to us as their sole fd's and this is all in the suburbs of Seattle.

Just think what would happen if some tree's or brush in the middle of property caught on fire. This shouldn't be something they skimp on and I hope it's not. I'll get over other cuts or raised prices but just like at home, emergency services shouldn't see the cuts to balance a budget.

I would think it would have to do more with size they cover and what could happen. What if there are emergencies in every park at the same time, it could happen though not likely, that require engines and not just medical aid. I would think with Disney Springs it may be close enough to another station to get help if needed. I know my city has it's own fd, I could walk to the station in less than 5 min, but we get back up from the county if it's needed. But the county also serves the two cities next to us as their sole fd's and this is all in the suburbs of Seattle.

Just think what would happen if some tree's or brush in the middle of property caught on fire. This shouldn't be something they skimp on and I hope it's not. I'll get over other cuts or raised prices but just like at home, emergency services shouldn't see the cuts to balance a budget.
Yeah my city has 3 stations and we have roughly 60,000 people. Not sure on the size of the land though. If our stations are busy we call neighboring cities for help. Reedy Creek is such an interesting thing because it isn't like a normal city. There is no normal city council or mayors and stuff like that. They have a board of sorts but its basically all picked by Disney.

Yeah my city has 3 stations and we have roughly 60,000 people. Not sure on the size of the land though. If our stations are busy we call neighboring cities for help. Reedy Creek is such an interesting thing because it isn't like a normal city. There is no normal city council or mayors and stuff like that. They have a board of sorts but its basically all picked by Disney.

I understand that which is why it's got to be somewhat base on the size of the area and the scope of the work because it can't be based on taxpayers or households in the area.

Usually the number of Emergency Services personnel needed is a percentage of the projected population of an area during the day.
The current number of Firefighters recommended for cities of 10,000 or more is 1.52 Firefighters per 1000 people in possible need of services.
Divide the number of people in all of The Reedy Creek Improvement District, including WDW, on any given day by 1000 and multiply that by 1.52 and you'll arrive at a figure far greater than the 138 Firefighters that Reedy Creek employs.
Even if the number of people in the District, and the Parks, and the resorts is only 200,000 per day, Reedy Creek would need 304 Firefighters just to meet the suggested minimum per 1000 people served.

NEWS

Updated Sleeping Beauty Castle fully revealed - looks really nice, the gold touches especially - reopening to guests on May 24th

http://blogmickey.com/2019/05/disne...ed-sleeping-beauty-castle-reopening-may-24th/

D629psNW4AAML8m

I don't have a huge amount of memory on the exact length of the previous track but does anyone know just how much it was shortened? I remember from some pictures one of the turns was tightened if I remember correctly.

I am not sure exactly how much - but really just the back curve was shortened/tightened a bit - so not a huge difference (did read slightly more of an impact than what was adjusted for the Storybook Circus update )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter