News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS/RUMOR

reports that Casey's has switched to Chicken Corn Dog Nuggets

View attachment 402158

Edit: full story and appears they have changed them out as of a week ago and are getting a lot of complaints

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

This is a travesty! Casey's is off my list for August. It's bad enough the nuggets were the only decent corn dog on property but now this?

Aren't the nuggets on some of the kid's buffet sections? I've only ever done breakfast but it seems like I've read about them being there. If they are, I wonder if they've changed too. One of the commenters on WDWNT story about it thought they were undercooked and threw them out.

NEWS

This weekend we're going to be upgrading our forum software to the latest version, Xenforo 2. The boards will be unavailable starting on Saturday at 3 pm eastern. We anticipate they will be back online Saturday night if there are no technical issues with the transfer. Once the forums are back online, the design team will be working on them, so they may not look like "our forums" right away. While we are upgrading the software, this new version does have some major differences - mainly that it is designed with a priority on mobile devices. There are also many new features with this version of Xenforo, including expanded emojii options, enhanced editing features and better integration with social media among them.

While we don't expect any major downtime, with any migration to a new platform, things can happen - so we ask for your patience and understanding as we undergo this enhancement.

I’m all onboard for improvements but it truly is the great community that makes the boards special!
:disrocks:

I would have to guess a cost thing? Maybe this is cheaper? I don't know why else you would do such.
Chicken is FAR cheaper than beef or pork.
Americans ate an estimated 28 Billion chicken wings in 2016, and that number has risen considerably since then.
At 4 four wing sections per bird that means that the poultry industry has to figure out what to do with the seven billion birds attached to those wings every year and KFC, Popeye's, Chick Fil A, and the other chicken chop houses can't use up that many birds so chicken is the low priced meat of the nation.
Disney is simply doing what they have been doing best lately.
Going cheap no matter what the customers want or like.

Americans ate an estimated 28 Billion chicken wings in 2016, and that number has risen considerably since then.
At 4 four wing sections per bird that means that the poultry industry has to figure out what to do with the seven billion birds attached to those wings every year and KFC, Popeye's, Chick Fil A, and the other chicken chop houses can't use up that many birds so chicken is the low priced meat of the nation.

Ugh. I feel bad now. Poor chickens. :(

Pretty sure there are other places for those tourists to eat that don't serve only beef and pork.

and even so a) offer it as an additional option and b) why is this just an issue now?

I know some people don't like pork (including my wife) so I would be fully supportive of having this as an addition to the menu but why replace something super popular?

I get that in general (per pound of pork vs chicken as a whole) but hot dogs are super cheap (just made up of bits) and chicken hot dogs are much less common and thus not going to be as cheap as other more readily available forms of chicken

If this was like replacing a pork cutlet with a chicken breast - totally agree - but would be surprised if chicken hot dogs are less than pork hot dogs

and if that is the case, raise the price of the pork ones and offer the chicken as an alternative

This type of thing upsets me more about Disney than raising prices - you charge a premium for your product, you need to provide a superior product and not cut corners everywhere

I thought the DFB review made it seem as if the previous dogs in the nuggets were turkey? Their review says, "This might not seem like a big deal. Lots of people find that chicken and turkey are interchangeable. But in this instance, the change is obvious once you cut (or bite) into a nugget." That would make me think it was a cost-cutting move they thought word work since the taste should be similar?

I get that in general (per pound of pork vs chicken as a whole) but hot dogs are super cheap (just made up of bits) and chicken hot dogs are much less common and thus not going to be as cheap as other more readily available forms of chicken

If this was like replacing a pork cutlet with a chicken breast - totally agree - but would be surprised if chicken hot dogs are less than pork hot dogs

and if that is the case, raise the price of the pork ones and offer the chicken as an alternative

This type of thing upsets me more about Disney than raising prices - you charge a premium for your product, you need to provide a superior product and not cut corners everywhere

Agreed. At 8.99 the corndog meal was a great value, especially since it's more than I can eat alone so it could be split. Raise it a buck or two and I'd still be happy compared to what the other stuff is priced if that's what it takes to bring back the beef or whatever it was.

This is also exciting. I love Tuesdays. :)

We're staying at CBR in September and I knew they had mobile ordering there; I didn't realize that's something other hotels didn't have yet!

ETA- Meant to reply to the original mobile ordering post, sorry lol

I'm getting very excited for hhn. Great houses so far, and there's the new Hagrid coaster.

You know it!

NEWS

This weekend we're going to be upgrading our forum software to the latest version, Xenforo 2. The boards will be unavailable starting on Saturday at 3 pm eastern. We anticipate they will be back online Saturday night if there are no technical issues with the transfer. Once the forums are back online, the design team will be working on them, so they may not look like "our forums" right away. While we are upgrading the software, this new version does have some major differences - mainly that it is designed with a priority on mobile devices. There are also many new features with this version of Xenforo, including expanded emojii options, enhanced editing features and better integration with social media among them.

While we don't expect any major downtime, with any migration to a new platform, things can happen - so we ask for your patience and understanding as we undergo this enhancement.

Good time for me to be out of town. Hopefully, everything is back in order for SWGE-megadon the next weekend. Thanks for all of the hard work to the behind the scenes people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!