News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to see a late showing of Aladdin last night with my neighbor and her 18 year old daughter. We all loved it!! Now I will say that Aladdin is probably my favorite animated Disney movie. I saw it in the theater at the age of 14 and have seen it many times over on my good old VHS tape. So on the one hand, it's a story and characters that I already love, but it also had some big shoes to fill in my eyes. I just thought everything was much more rich and vibrant than the animated version...the story, the characters, even the city of Agrabah which is kind of flat in the original IMO. And Will Smith is just wonderful. I thought he had his own great spin on the genie and never felt like I was comparing him to Robin Williams. Definitely recommend it!
Thanks for the review! We're set to see it in just a few hours...very excited!

Saw Aladdin earlier. It was really good. The costumes are great, it should, I hope at least get an Oscar nom for them. Bit of a change in the story from the animated and I think stage but since I've only seen the stage once I can't quite remember. It's a good compliment to the other two but not as good as the stage show. Though the beginning of the movie is awesome.

I was bit skeptical with Guy Ritchie at the helm.

To be honest though, I am very happy to hear these positive impressions of Aladdin! I may have to go tomorrow.

We saw it today. We loved it! I thought it was much better than BaTB. For one, all these folks can sing (unlike Hermione). HOWEVER, I have not seen the stage show, so I had no bias toward it unlike I did with Beauty and the Beast. I loved the way they worked in Arabian Nights (no spoilers)! Agreed that Jasmine’s costumes alone are award worthy. Our group ranged from 3-56 and we all really enjoyed it. Will Smith’s Genie was very genuine and I think all the leads were well cast. I’m not going to pay $30 to see it in the theatre again, but I look forward to seeing it on Redbox or Disney+.

My *non-spoiler* review of the live-action Aladdin: I was very skeptical about this movie going into it. However, it was very enjoyable. There were a few moments of the film that I didn’t like for one reason or another. However, I was impressed with the acting, the dancing, and the singing (at times). There are several aspects to this film that aren’t in the animated feature, and I really enjoyed this fresh take on a Disney classic! Would I see this movie again? Yes I would, but I’m not running to see it again. Do I think this movie is worth seeing in a theater? Yes. I think this movie should be seen in a movie theater first. Overall, I give the live-action Aladdin a 7 out of 10.

I hope it's good. We will be seeing it Monday. I was worried that I would regret seeing it instead of Also, Also Wick or Detective Pikachu. We always see a movie on Monday after attending the Indy 500. Usually, the choices are really good, but this year, the good, well decent, movies are coming out on the 31st:confused3

I was bit skeptical with Guy Ritchie at the helm.

To be honest though, I am very happy to hear these positive impressions of Aladdin! I may have to go tomorrow.
It was very good!
I hope it's good. We will be seeing it Monday. I was worried that I would regret seeing it instead of Also, Also Wick or Detective Pikachu. We always see a movie on Monday after attending the Indy 500. Usually, the choices are really good, but this year, the good, well decent, movies are coming out on the 31st:confused3
It is good for just adults as a date movie, I think.

Here at the parks now. How long have they been running the Once Upon a Time Castle show after HEA in the Magic Kingdom?
It's been around before HEA started at least (I think). It's been around for a while though. They have either shown it before or after depending on the time of year.

NEWS/REPORT

Appears the raspberry dole whip is gone and the Hei Hei cone along with it at Aloha Island (CMs are saying it is gone for good - but guess only time will tell)

I hope they keep trying alternate versions - even if this specific ones don't return

https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1132292110416273408

Oh no. I love dole whips and have been able to find pineapple, mango and strawberry locally. I was looking forward to trying raspberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter