News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly hadn't put that much thought into what I would want to know, thinking I wasn't really worried about spoilers (although I didn't want to see pictures of Pandora before going). I know I don't want to watch ride videos or anything, but now I'm thinking I don't want to see too much since we're now going for a kid-free weekend in late October (WDW). Although, with seeing some of the photos (one with all the Cast Members, maps, the old artist rendition/predictions (suddenly drawing a blank on the right term), etc.), it won't be a huge surprise (I think?). But with a trip planned for 2 months after it opens, I'm thinking I may avoid a lot of it to the extent that I can.

On the other hand, however, I am very interested in what the news coverage will be like of the opening(s), how things are going, crowds, wait times, etc., so I don't know how easy it will be to follow that stuff without "spoilers." I guess we'll see.

...now that it's open, I find myself really not wanting to know ANYTHING about it other than how to get into it. I'm realizing at this point I'd rather go into it "cold" and experience it than to know every little detail.

I’m torn...I want to be surprised, but I also don’t want to miss potentially less-obvious details when we (hopefully) get in to see it. I like a PP idea (sorry I didn’t quote you!) to read reports but avoid videos.

I couldn't justify another trip either......but I scheduled one anyway..........

part of my issue is our August trip is "parents only" so to do another trip and not bring the kids would be really tough

I did look into going over the Jewish holidays in September as the kids have a few days off of school and I could almost make the numbers work, but flights around that weekend were fairly pricey and then for 5 people it just got to be too much

part of my issue is our August trip is "parents only" so to do another trip and not bring the kids would be really tough

I did look into going over the Jewish holidays in September as the kids have a few days off of school and I could almost make the numbers work, but flights around that weekend were fairly pricey and then for 5 people it just got to be too much

It works out well for us - we're taking the kids in mid-August, so the October trip is the add-on for us. We actually only started planning it when the announced the Extra Extra Magic Hours - I found that particularly enticing (also had read DisneyTouristBlog's posts about sunrise in Magic Kingdom, which is usually only possible during Christmas time early hours & maybe sometimes spring break - both of which we're not going near).

It also helps that our kids won't know about this trip, or the one we took last August for a long weekend. They just know that we go away on vacation for a few days, we do not tell them it's to Disney. Our son will be 7 in August and our daughter just turned 5 last month. Maybe when they're in middle school we'll let them in on the secret.

I’m torn...I want to be surprised, but I also don’t want to miss potentially less-obvious details when we (hopefully) get in to see it. I like a PP idea (sorry I didn’t quote you!) to read reports but avoid videos.
That's where I'm at. I do want to know some details because they could help me with planning but on the other hand I still want to be completely surprised about other things. I think I'm more wanting not to know every little detail of the ride(s). I want to know if I can ride it (with motion sickness issues and whatnot) but other than that I have kept myself away from those very detailed articles. If the information is about what entrances seem to be the best or timing that may work the best to ride or eat/drink if we end up eating/drinking inside I'm totally down for knowing that information.

Ah, I can understand that. I'm taking a break from fostering, so it's just me right now and I figured I'd squeeze in a trip to star wars before I start again. Although right now I'm having major envy and wish I would've planned a Disneyland trip instead!

You guys are hilarious... I feel like I just reading four pages of Hagrid’s trying to explain who He Who Must Not Be Named is without saying his name. I still don’t know which blog btw.

If we post a link to something that we don’t know is banned, do we get banned? Or just edited. Btw, rteetz, I appreciate how you always run things.

And so Onward might be original but they decided to re-use the Frozen title font. I like the simplicity of the graphic style though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts