News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main actors are, but don't the locals normally have different accents? It just something I thought about when watching the reviews, and since I was doing it at work I was mostly listening so the voices stuck out. As for what kind of accent, I was thinking anything that sounded different that what you hear everyday. Again, I know I'm being ridiculous.

Not saying they are "supposed" to sound like anything, just that I think it would help the immersion if they didn't sound just like every other person in SoCal. Maybe even if some of the CMs like the light saber building people were wearing voice changing masks like Leia in ROTJ (could be half face masks, so they didn't cover their eyes).
I spoke with Rey and she definitely had a English accent. I don’t know if she was English or not but she did pull the accent off well. She also was a very good look alike,

NEWS

Florida Resident "Get Your Ears On" ticket promotion:

- Florida Residents can purchase a 4-day Get Your Ears On ticket for $55 per day, plus tax (total of $219 plus tax) — or purchase a 3-day ticket for $67 per day, plus tax (total of $199 plus tax).
- Ticket days can be used any 3 or 4 days, depending on ticket purchased, through August 28, 2019—with no blockout dates. Upgrades to the Park Hopper Option and Park Hopper Plus Option are also available. Florida Residents can purchase Get Your Ears On tickets through August 25, 2019.
- Florida Resident Get Your Ears On tickets are valid for admission to any one of the 4 theme parks per day. Tickets and any options purchased must be used by August 28, 2019. Proof of Florida residency is required to purchase.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...9G8yR0wH8471RRSTEKk0qUQgckhUBq2OhfOVMWqeJJhRk
This and the Summer One World promotion .. wow .. they REALLY REALLY need people to come during the summer.

I guess this answers the question of whether people have just been delaying their vactions until SWGE opens.
(That and I think people are just trending away from the oppressive summer heat).

As the clock ticks closer to August 29th (less than 3 months now), I think the chances of seeing any fall discounts are falling rapidly.

This and the Summer One World promotion .. wow .. they REALLY REALLY need people to come during the summer.

I guess this answers the question of whether people have just been delaying their vactions until SWGE opens.
(That and I think people are just trending away from the oppressive summer heat).

As the clock ticks closer to August 29th (less than 3 months now), I think the chances of seeing any fall discounts are falling rapidly.

I don't know, there's still a lot of resort availability through the rest of the year. Even in October and the week of Thanksgiving!

The last couple of summers have been slow. I just think people have shifted their travel to other times. I'm almost tempted to start traveling to Disney in the summer. I'm wondering when they'll lower the ticket prices for summer in their weird ticket pricing they've had the last few years.

I was listening to Josh's podcast (Walt Loved Podcasting) and he made a decent point: WDW starts this EEMH stuff and they might not feel the need to drop any discounts for fall. The extra time in the parks might be incentive enough to get people onsite.

Brazil getting some more wind in coming to Epcot between Germany and Italy?

But... from the same source that said The Land and The Seas would be demolished? So who knows how credible this is

Just seen this on Twitter as well. I'll believe that one once Disney announces it.

I say if there is the space to add more countries, which we know there is room for at least 1 new pavillion which doesnt have many backstage buildings on it and there might be room for two or 3 if your willing to demolish the backside of Morroco and use that Area, and the wooded section between it and Japan and also willing to demo the event building between Canada and UK, though since Disney uses it a fair share, I do not think that is happening unless its for a fabled UK ride. But I guess we will find out sooner than later since we have heard there is going to be alot of Epcot related announcements at this years d23.

I say if there is the space to add more countries, which we know there is room for at least 1 new pavillion which doesnt have many backstage buildings on it and there might be room for two or 3 if your willing to demolish the backside of Morroco and use that Area, and the wooded section between it and Japan and also willing to demo the event building between Canada and UK, though since Disney uses it a fair share, I do not think that is happening unless its for a fabled UK ride. But I guess we will find out sooner than later since we have heard there is going to be alot of Epcot related announcements at this years d23.
There is room for multiple pavilions not just one.

The last couple of summers have been slow. I just think people have shifted their travel to other times. I'm almost tempted to start traveling to Disney in the summer. I'm wondering when they'll lower the ticket prices for summer in their weird ticket pricing they've had the last few years.

We typically go the last week of August before our kids go back to school and we find it quite nice. It is really hot but park hours are generally longer so we go early and late and do midday breaks and crowds have been manageable the last few years

Oh i know there is room for multiple pavilions but the only space behind world showcase that is currently clear of back buildings is between China and Germany, they could possible squeeze in 2 lands there but the rest of the green space around world showcase with trees also has back buildings behind it that would need to be demoed depending on size of the Pavillion.

Oh i know there is room for multiple pavilions but the only space behind world showcase that is currently clear of back buildings is between China and Germany, they could possible squeeze in 2 lands there but the rest of the green space around world showcase with trees also has back buildings behind it that would need to be demoed depending on size of the Pavillion.
Except they just installed stuff for the Illuminations replacement there.

Except they just installed stuff for the Illuminations replacement there.

Havent seen a recent pic of that install yet, also depending on how far back it is, you still would have enough room upfront, and depending on the show pieces installed they may for all we know be something you could incorporate in buildings if need be. Shows at Disney are temporary even the long running ones that is prime real estate if Disney wanted to easy build a new pavilion at Epcot sometime in the future

It easy to move things that are being stored in other spots. As of right now Brazil would go between Germany and Italy.

Havent seen a recent pic of that install yet, also depending on how far back it is, you still would have enough room upfront, and depending on the show pieces installed they may for all we know be something you could incorporate in buildings if need be. Shows at Disney are temporary even the long running ones that is prime real estate if Disney wanted to easy build a new pavilion at Epcot sometime in the future

You can see the space in that picture you posted. That brown/green area was just redone and lights were installed for illuminations.

Brazil would be very cool. Wasn't there a rollercoaster concept attached to it from years ago similar to Matterhorn in Anaheim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter