News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hundreds of adults and kids wear robes/cloaks to Universal every day, whether purchased or homemade, and there doesn’t appear to be any safety issues. Some people wear it all day and go on many rides. I have and I’ve never had any issues. Of course, Universal does have streamlined, fast security with everyone going through a metal detector.

I think Disney just doesn’t want adults wearing costumes, which stinks as wearing a costume in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade increases my enjoyment of the areas and makes it seem more real. I think the same would be true of Batuu.

Oh i suspect they may be allowing it in the future for those staying at the star wars hotel, as this means Disney can monetize it, I agree dressing up is part of the fun at Diagon, but since the Star Wars hotel is supposed to be completely immersive and because Disney is essentially selling costumes in the park, I suspect this will change given time and the promise of money. Who knows Disney might even end up having paid for after hour parties that allow this. Its not like Disney is against dressing up as adults during the Halloween parties, but then again Disney gets extra money for that. I suspect Robes will be allowed in the future, but nothing with hoods or masks that cover the face, and nothing wookie like and of course no signing autographs and what not...

Hundreds of adults and kids wear robes/cloaks to Universal every day, whether purchased or homemade, and there doesn’t appear to be any safety issues. Some people wear it all day and go on many rides. I have and I’ve never had any issues. Of course, Universal does have streamlined, fast security with everyone going through a metal detector.

I think Disney just doesn’t want adults wearing costumes, which stinks as wearing a costume in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade increases my enjoyment of the areas and makes it seem more real. I think the same would be true of Batuu.

it's just weird to me though that some of the examples of "approved" outfits look more like costumes than some adult with a jedi robe over his standard issue tourist t-shirt and shorts

it's just weird to me though that some of the examples of "approved" outfits look more like costumes than some adult with a jedi robe over his standard issue tourist t-shirt and shorts

It's not about "looking like a costume". The full robes, animal suites, flight suits, and plastic suites are baggy and large. They allow one to hide things and are not easily searchable or easily visible at a glance. It's all about security for others and Disney's liability; it's not really about security for the person wearing the outfit. They might have a problem with those old "Hammer Time" pants too, aka genie pants, considering how incredibly baggy those are. I bet if you showed up in a baggy clown outfit without makeup, mask, wig, nose, or shoes, they would have a problem with it. Mumus might be right out too.

REVIEW

Seems like Craig of the DIS is pretty impressed with Hagrid's:

Since my WDW AP expired late May and I’m not renewing it until next time I go in January 2020, I’m very tempted to book a 3-4 day trip to Universal so I can ride Hagrid’s because it looks amazing.

News

Monsters at Work logo

View attachment 408419

I’m very excited for this but I hope it’s not just targeted for kids but instead targeted for everyone like Monsters Inc and Monsters University. Though I appreciate Monsters University so much more now as a college student.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter