News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys think the character buffets just got bad in the past few years....

When I first joined the DIS a while ago I made a spreadsheet that listed all the character meals and the prices. I'll try to dig that out with I get home. Would be quite the eye opener.
I think we all know theyve gotten bad.
Lets not post it on here ... ignorance is bliss. :)

I know I went to my first character meal (Tusker House Lunch) in fall of 2014 .. and feel like it was around $35-40. I went in fall of 2018 and feel like it was at least $10-15 more. Which is a crazy % increase in just 4 years.

How does one use the new embed feature? I want to embed something from Twitter, but can't figure it out.

I heard on the podcast CP is now $60pp, they need to be offering more than 20% off for that price. I paid ~33 just 4 years ago with no discount.
Was it character dining when you ate there? $60 per person is about on par with all of the other Dinner Character Experiences on property.
I got all excited for this and then I remembered we bought a Tables in Wonderland card. The talk of Crystal Palace lunch/dinner prices has me reconsidering my breakfast ADR :faint:
We ate Breakfast at CP on 5/17/19... adults $38 pp
Tusker House Breakfast on 5/20/19..adults $38 pp, same price as Crystal Palace
Trattoria al Forno, breakfast strangely enough was $40 pp!

We have TiW so subtract 20%, add tax, then add tip. We find breakfast a bit cheaper than the other meals, for the most part although we really loved Garden Grill dinner :)

Given the size of the Star Wars hotel, the logistics of how they attempt to operate it are going to be utterly fascinating.

We ate Breakfast at CP on 5/17/19... adults $38 pp
Tusker House Breakfast on 5/20/19..adults $38 pp, same price as Crystal Palace
Trattoria al Forno, breakfast strangely enough was $40 pp!

We have TiW so subtract 20%, add tax, then add tip. We find breakfast a bit cheaper than the other meals, for the most part although we really loved Garden Grill dinner :)
I think that's about what I saw and budgeted for. Didnt think of it til just now but with the way our plans are that day we could also consider a resort breakfast we wouldn't normally do.. hmmm.

Garden Grill is a favorite for us!

So the over all shape of what the building looks like, makes me wonder if the facade of the hotel is going to look like a starship, especially since there being called cabins. I wonder if we are going to get a new artist rendering of the outside of the hotel this year at D23

Last edited:
Oh, I was so disappointed we weren't able to catch the Hagrid ride two weeks ago. Universal rests on "Screens and 3D" way too much (Not a spoiler to say Fast and Furious was terrible.) , but when their designers really put their mind to it they make some amazing rides. Sorry I'm probably going to have to wait a while to try this one.

Oh - and Disney has completely lost my dollars for the buffets. It helps that our DD is 16, but we used to still do 1 or 2 a trip even when she was older. At current price points forget it - I'd rather eat at Yachtsman's, Jiko, or California Grill for that money. We don't eat enough (and neither does she) to make the buffets a worthwhile endeavor, even though there are several that I genuinely liked the food.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter