News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I was so disappointed we weren't able to catch the Hagrid ride two weeks ago. Universal rests on "Screens and 3D" way too much (Not a spoiler to say Fast and Furious was terrible.) , but when their designers really put their mind to it they make some amazing rides. Sorry I'm probably going to have to wait a while to try this one.

Oh - and Disney has completely lost my dollars for the buffets. It helps that our DD is 16, but we used to still do 1 or 2 a trip even when she was older. At current price points forget it - I'd rather eat at Yachtsman's, Jiko, or California Grill for that money. We don't eat enough (and neither does she) to make the buffets a worthwhile endeavor, even though there are several that I genuinely liked the food.
yeah we really cut down on them when our oldest became a Disney adult. Next trip both kids will be Disney adults. They usually only eat a coupe of pastries so not even close to being worth it!

I'll be honest, I was not excited to see Toy Story 4 at all until we sat through the extended preview last week at DHS. It 100% won me over!
It will be interesting to see these upcoming. Pixar and WDAS offerings as it's been about a year and a half since Lasseter has been gone.

So the over all shape of what the building looks like, makes me wonder if the facade of the hotel is going to look like a starship, especially since there being called cabins. I wonder if we are going to get a new artist rendering of the outside of the hotel this year at D23
I can't remember seeing an artist rendering of the outside of this new resort experience. Is this because it's never been released?

I got excited for this because it seems fun even if you don't have kids and was ready to do it until they said aug 18 which is after my trip. Was surprised they announced something a bit simple like this so far in advance.
I'm guessing they made it early since dining reservations can be made 180 days in advance so this is available now for booking in August.

As I was looking at the reservations for Restaurantosaurus I noticed that for the first 3 weeks this is offered (Aug 18 - Sep 5) reservations can only be made on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays. Reservations can be made 7 days a week starting September 6th.

More details about the hotel are expected to be released in the coming months, so keep checking back with us for the latest news and photos for the Star Wars hotel and many more projects from around the Disney Parks.
By details I'm dying to know if they mean they will have pricing or expected open dates soonish?
I'm guessing we're going to see pricing similar to cruise line pricing. I could be wrong but I'm sure this experience will come with a steep cost. Like you though @ksromack, it will be nice to find out more details about pricing and timelines!

Oh, I was so disappointed we weren't able to catch the Hagrid ride two weeks ago. Universal rests on "Screens and 3D" way too much (Not a spoiler to say Fast and Furious was terrible.) , but when their designers really put their mind to it they make some amazing rides. Sorry I'm probably going to have to wait a while to try this one.

Oh - and Disney has completely lost my dollars for the buffets. It helps that our DD is 16, but we used to still do 1 or 2 a trip even when she was older. At current price points forget it - I'd rather eat at Yachtsman's, Jiko, or California Grill for that money. We don't eat enough (and neither does she) to make the buffets a worthwhile endeavor, even though there are several that I genuinely liked the food.

I'm at that point as well. I was even an 'Ohana loyalist (breakfast and dinner) but honestly, I am over it. Maybe too many times in a row, I dunno. I do think people should try places for themselves, but that's getting to be an expensive proposition at WDW. I know for us, we're probably ready to try some slightly higher tier stuff. But I'm not ready to drop the $90 or whatever per person for the CA Grill brunch even though it looks amazing.

So the over all shape of what the building looks like, makes me wonder if the facade of the hotel is going to look like a starship, especially since there being called cabins. I wonder if we are going to get a new artist rendering of the outside of the hotel this year at D23

My thinking is from the outside / what you will see will look like a space port / cruise terminal that you are arriving at and checking in and then they will use effect in the elevators (screens, etc.) to make it look like you are on a transport shuttle that is taking you up to the space ship where your rooms, etc will be. I think the part of the hotel that has the rooms no one will ever really get to see the outside of

My thinking is from the outside / what you will see will look like a space port / cruise terminal that you are arriving at and checking in and then they will use effect in the elevators (screens, etc.) to make it look like you are on a transport shuttle that is taking you up to the space ship where your rooms, etc will be. I think the part of the hotel that has the rooms no one will ever really get to see the outside of

That makes since, but one can always hope they make the whole building since it is kinda shaped like a typical scifi spaceship right now with the construction.. Wide in the back coming to singular evenly spaced section in the front where the cabins are. Disney could make it a spaceship fully exterior wise if they wanted. We know from some early blue prints that you arrive in a different area then the shuttle leaves to take you to Battu, so you could easily "arrive" though a loading Hanger door, go into the show room for blastoff /take off what ever and then when your on board, you take your transport to Galaxies edge through whatever "airlock".

So bare with me here as my geeky mind takes off:

In my mind this might make more since they a space station as it makes the whole hotel part of the storytelling as a ship, also if its a space station since Battu is supposed to be a remote planet that has both factions, I see it unlikely that a Space Station would be outside orbiting such a small and minuscule planet as a space station would be a perm structure and more likely used over either strategic spots strongly in one factions control or over a largely populated planet, which Battu isnt. Think of a space station like a fortress, they are expensive to make, feats of engineering and except for the death star, very permanent structures that dont move. This is why I feel a space ship would make more since then a space station

In saying all that, I know Disney already has this planned out to a t and what I think should happen obviously isnt what is going to happen, but hey a person can dream

REVIEW

New lunch menu at Be Our Guest:
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/review-new-lunch-menu-at-be-our-guest-restaurant/

I think I missed when this was announced that there were updates to the lunch menu at BOG. As a quick summary: the cheapest items were removed and replaced with more expensive ones while the items that remained when up in price. This is now one of the (if not the) best use of a quick service dining plan credit (for value) and one of the worst to pay out of pocket.

Maybe I was confused by I thought Casey's Corner was getting rid of the Hot Dog of the Month, at least DisneyFoodBlog said so. But according to the site that must not be named there is a June dog and it is listed on the menu

Original article saying they were leaving:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...on-find-them-in-a-new-magic-kingdom-location/
Menu listing a new hot dog:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/caseys-corner/menus/
Maybe they are selling them just not footlong... But good news to those that liked the fun new flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter