News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

"tee times" now available to be made for Walt Disney World miniature golf courses

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ocations-now-accepting-tee-time-reservations/
Seems like they are doing all they can to remove the last remnants of possible spontaneity from a vacation. I understand they will still also take walk-ups, but the option of reservations will make the wait for walk-ups even longer.

Like most people on these boards, I enjoy the planning process. But I don't like that the actual vacation involves running from one reservation to another (FP, dining, etc.) and having to stress about where I am supposed to be and about getting there on time.

If someone is late for their mini-golf reservation, will there be a penalty fee, as with dining?

Seems like only a matter of time until reservations are needed for restroom breaks.

From the thread about this in the Universal forum:

From another board (where folks in line have been giving a lot of updates) here is an image they drew to show where the queue was to get into hogsmeade before 9:00 am. They had people wrapped BEHIND Poseidon's Fury into the backstage area!

A person who was in line that was on the bridge between Seuss and Lost Continent was told it would be 4 hour wait from where they were (once the ride started at 9:00)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...-updates-reviews.3753033/page-7#post-60722834

:faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

Any small thoughts I had of going over here in the couple days before our cruise next week are now gone. Poof!

Just wait until after Galaxies Edge is open at Hollywood Studios and then go to Universal, I want to see how the hype changes rides times over at Universal for that opening week

The DJ at Villains After Hours is on the Cinderella Castle stage

he wasnt there when I was there at the beginning of the villains event the first night but I never saw a different dj either.

I'm not posting the article because I'm not sure if it's on the approved list or not, and I've already been dinged for posting something I didn't realize was an issue.

From the article in question:
"It seems they’ve hoisted him and his space organ up into the upper dome of the area while current stage gets used as a DJ stand during Villains After Hours."

Hoping he and Buzzy aren't hanging out together! Seriously, Sonny is THE reason to eat in Tomorrow-Land. Hoping this isn't true.

He was gone the last time we ate there several years ago, and we were thinking about going there again this trip. It's not a huge deal, but it'd be a bit of a bummer to miss him again.

This was today's update (shrug):
"Sonny Eclipse is still missing from Cosmic Rays! Don’t worry, he hasn’t gone far, though. Rumor has it that when they need to use the stage for other purposes, his entire stage raises up into the ceiling. Hopefully he’ll return soon."

I just thought some of you sleuths might be privy to the 411.

Seems like they are doing all they can to remove the last remnants of possible spontaneity from a vacation. I understand they will still also take walk-ups, but the option of reservations will make the wait for walk-ups even longer.

Like most people on these boards, I enjoy the planning process. But I don't like that the actual vacation involves running from one reservation to another (FP, dining, etc.) and having to stress about where I am supposed to be and about getting there on time.

If someone is late for their mini-golf reservation, will there be a penalty fee, as with dining?

Seems like only a matter of time until reservations are needed for restroom breaks.

This is so true. My family used to go to DW multiple times a year when I was younger. September will be my first trip back in 15 years and my mom and sister are coming with my family but I've done all of the planning. I keep trying to get their opinions on things and their answer to everything is "We can decide that day," and I'm like IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT ANYMORE lol

I'm not posting the article because I'm not sure if it's on the approved list or not, and I've already been dinged for posting something I didn't realize was an issue.

From the article in question:
"It seems they’ve hoisted him and his space organ up into the upper dome of the area while current stage gets used as a DJ stand during Villains After Hours."

He was gone the last time we ate there several years ago, and we were thinking about going there again this trip. It's not a huge deal, but it'd be a bit of a bummer to miss him again.

This was today's update (shrug):
"Sonny Eclipse is still missing from Cosmic Rays! Don’t worry, he hasn’t gone far, though. Rumor has it that when they need to use the stage for other purposes, his entire stage raises up into the ceiling. Hopefully he’ll return soon."

I just thought some of you sleuths might be privy to the 411.

Awhile back I saw him move up to the ceiling and they had a high school band on the stage that came up and they performed and then Sonny came back down. I honestly don't remember which year it was but I thought it was really cool at the time. Maybe they moved him up for the event and the stage got stuck.

Awhile back I saw him move up to the ceiling and they had a high school band on the stage that came up and they performed and then Sonny came back down. I honestly don't remember which year it was but I thought it was really cool at the time. Maybe they moved him up for the event and the stage got stuck.

Thanks for the first-hand account. It doesn't sound like having anything else there during another part of the day should be something that keeps him away at other times. Maybe he's just getting a spruce-up.

Whatever the case may be, I just hope he's back sooner than later.

Honestly, the requirement for planning is way overstated. If you don’t want to plan, it’s quite easy to still do most things on a whim. I do it every trip. My last trip I booked 97 minutes before the flight took off. Dining I usually book on the way to the restaurant. Fastpasses I try for day of or sometimes the night before. The only things that really require booking far ahead are Be Our Guest and Flight of Passage fastpass, and even then you can still have a chance day of. If you are really getting tired of planning every minute, I strongly suggest you try a day on your next trip where you plan nothing and just float around to what you want. Maybe just get on whatever bus comes first, or flip a coin to make decisions. Disney definitely wants you to plan, but it’s far from a necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!