News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by today's July park hours update (or lack thereof), Disney continues to expect light summer crowds.

I'm torn, I like they idea of light crowds, but I also want to see Pandora in the full dark. A 9:00 pm AK close seems unnatural now.

For the dates we have mid-July closings went from 9pm to 10 PM for AK. Did they change to earlier for some dates?

Just wait until after Galaxies Edge is open at Hollywood Studios and then go to Universal, I want to see how the hype changes rides times over at Universal for that opening week
I dunno...I don't remember Disney ever having 10 hour waits for ANY new rides. I honestly don't think SWGE will either. Universal continues to kill it with this Potter stuff.

I dunno...I don't remember Disney ever having 10 hour waits for ANY new rides. I honestly don't think SWGE will either. Universal continues to kill it with this Potter stuff.
Opening day for FOP was around 10 hours, it just wasn’t reported accurately. There was a six hour wait to get on the ride plus a four hour wait to get in the land. I guess not everyone in line to get in the land was going directly to the FOP line, but you get the idea.

Opening day for FOP was around 10 hours, it just wasn’t reported accurately. There was a six hour wait to get on the ride plus a four hour wait to get in the land. I guess not everyone in line to get in the land was going directly to the FOP line, but you get the idea.

Slinky dog was close too on opening day as it was 4-5 hours to get into the land and then about the same for the ride once you got in

Personally new lands are different than new rides. People may have no intention of riding rides in a new land but want to check it out thus they wait in line just like when Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley opened up.

However we're talking about a ride added to an existing land. There was no wait to enter Hogmeade as far as I know.

I think the more apt comparison will be when Tron or Guardians opens up. Those will be 2 very anticipated rides added to long existing areas rather than new lands built that people want to check out.

Personally new lands are different than new rides. People may have no intention of riding rides in a new land but want to check it out thus they wait in line just like when Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley opened up.

However we're talking about a ride added to an existing land. There was no wait to enter Hogmeade as far as I know.

I think the more apt comparison will be when Tron or Guardians opens up. Those will be 2 very anticipated rides added to long existing areas rather than new lands built that people want to check out.

Although, I don’t think they have quite the IP draw that HP does.

Also (and this is a general comment, not specific to you) - just a fair warning/reminder re: Tron. It IS really fun, but it is *very* short. Hagrid’s impressed me with how long the experience time is.

I am not a huge HP fan; I never have had a desire to go to Universal. But this coaster definitely piques my interest because of its uniqueness. It’s no FoP, but it looks very fun!

Also (and this is a general comment, not specific to you) - just a fair warning/reminder re: Tron. It IS really fun, but it is *very* short. Hagrid’s impressed me with how long the experience time is.

I am not a huge HP fan; I never have had a desire to go to Universal. But this coaster definitely piques my interest because of its uniqueness. It’s no FoP, but it looks very fun!
Oh for sure. I wasn't saying it had the IP draw that wasn't what I was meaning. I'm saying they (Tron and Guardians) are two highly anticipated rides in existing lands.

TSL, SWGE, and Pandora are all new lands so to me not necessarily a tit for tat comparison with Hagrid's which is a new coaster (yes a replacement one but still new) in a land that's been opened up for 9 years at this point. Also with TSL the only way to ride Toy Story Mania was to go through the land.

And for me personally I couldn't ride Dragon Challenge but I'm thinking I might be able to ride Hagrid's (still might need to see it in person though lol).

Oh for sure. I wasn't saying it had the IP draw that wasn't what I was meaning. I'm saying they (Tron and Guardians) are two highly anticipated rides in existing lands.

TSL, SWGE, and Pandora are all new lands so to me not necessarily a tit for tat comparison with Hagrid's which is a new coaster (yes a replacement one but still new) in a land that's been opened up for 9 years at this point. Also with TSL the only way to ride Toy Story Mania was to go through the land.

And for me personally I couldn't ride Dragon Challenge but I'm thinking I might be able to ride Hagrid's (still might need to see it in person though lol).

I think those are great examples of comparable ones. Plus they are also rollercoasters and there is a sub group of themepark fans that are rollercoaster enthusiasts that will come out for a new coaster even if not interested in the IP

Personally new lands are different than new rides. People may have no intention of riding rides in a new land but want to check it out thus they wait in line just like when Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley
I agree it’s not the best comparison, but I think if FOP had opened by itself, Disney could’ve snaked a 10 hour line through AK. Don’t forget, there was also a 4-5 hour wait for Navi, an hour wait at the shop and an hour wait at the qs restaurant. Plus, I think roller coasters get a larger audience in general when they open.

I agree the coaster ride itself looks fun, lots of twists/turns, decent speed and a nice long ride, which is very appealing. Not super thrilling, but still fun.

But I think the animatronics look just average and the ride isn't enhanced by having them. Animatronic aspect, I think Mine Train (way too short a ride) blows those right out of the water. Heck, Spaceship Earth blows those out of the water. :p

I agree the coaster ride itself looks fun, lots of twists/turns, decent speed and a nice long ride, which is very appealing. Not super thrilling, but still fun.

But I think the animatronics look just average and the ride isn't enhanced by having them. Animatronic aspect, I think Mine Train (way too short a ride) blows those right out of the water. Heck, Spaceship Earth blows those out of the water. :p
I count my blessings that there are animatronics to begin with :rotfl: rather than straight up screens. That makes it an automatic addition because at least that part of the ride won't trigger my motion sickness (it's other parts of the ride that might). In all honesty I think Universal was trying to be a bit more universal (and I know corny). By that I mean they have some thrill elements, they have a coaster, they don't have reliance on screens so that helps both motion sickness and screen fatigue for folks, and they did put in quite a lot of detail into the surroundings of the coaster so it's not just a coaster.

With 7DMT (which I myself enjoy quite a bit other than I agree too short) it's a bit hard to see inside the cottage at the end and your ability to soak it in can depend on how long you are at that point and what part of the ride (front, middle, back) you are in. For me that cottage scene at the end doesn't really add much to it because of the above.

It's fun though to hear how each person views things. Honestly my husband will just like the coaster aspect. He may not even care so much about animatronics whereas me I'll care lol.

So now I'm just sitting on my couch and watching ride videos instead of being a productive member of society and OH MY GOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR REMY'S RATATOUILLE ADVENTURE!!!

I had no idea what this ride was really like, it looks awesome.

Please, please, please be open by May 2020.

So now I'm just sitting on my couch and watching ride videos instead of being a productive member of society and OH MY GOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR REMY'S RATATOUILLE ADVENTURE!!!

I had no idea what this ride was really like, it looks awesome.

Please, please, please be open by May 2020.
We were fortunate to ride it in DL Paris a couple of years ago. Yes, it really is an awesome ride. The ride technology is unlike any others before.

I agree with your assessment of the ride. I'll have to see it in person before I agree or disagree with the animatronics.

I will say I’ve been here since Tuesday and the crowds haven’t been bad. I’ve been several times this time of year and it’s been a lot worse in the past this week in June. I’m certainly not complaining
Judging by today's July park hours update (or lack thereof), Disney continues to expect light summer crowds.

I'm torn, I like they idea of light crowds, but I also want to see Pandora in the full dark. A 9:00 pm AK close seems unnatural now.

I will say I’ve been here since Tuesday and the crowds haven’t been bad. I’ve been several times this time of year and it’s been a lot worse in the past this week in June. I’m certainly not complaining
I was at Magic Kingdom all day today and pretty light. Although all three mountains were down at one point. So I went to see Trump.

I was at Magic Kingdom all day today and pretty light. Although all three mountains were down at one point. So I went to see Trump.
To me only MK has seemed really crowded. Putting it this way, i did everything in toy story land at least twice, and midway mania 3 times. Also was able to do tower of terror 3 times despite the renovations including a “90 minute wait” that in actuality was 20 from line entrance to elevator boarding.

Really, the only out of control things crowd wise I’ve seen have been mine train, space mountain, test track, slinky, and the avatar rides. Everything else has been a reasonable actual wait or has had fastpass availability with persistent refreshing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!