News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
REVIEWS

So, not sure how much stock everyone puts in Rotten Tomatoes nowadays, but based on 82 reviews, Toy Story 4 is certified 100% Fresh

I trust them a lot. The thing to remember though is it's not saying the movie is 100% good. It's saying that 100% of critics gave the movie a favourable review.

I'm still not excited to see all the crass new characters though :( Maybe Duck and Bunny are only in 5 minutres of the movie? *fingers crossed*

And yes I know Toy Story adds new characters every movie. I loved Jesie. I loved Lotso. These ones just don't sit with me right.

I trust them a lot. The thing to remember though is it's not saying the movie is 100% good. It's saying that 100% of critics gave the movie a favourable review.

I'm still not excited to see all the crass new characters though :( Maybe Duck and Bunny are only in 5 minutres of the movie? *fingers crossed*

And yes I know Toy Story adds new characters every movie. I loved Jesie. I loved Lotso. These ones just don't sit with me right.

Duke Caboom is the whole reason I will bother watching this movie.
:moped:

Duck and Bunny are in about half the movie they are really funny, Duke is in about 1/4 of the movie and is one of the best parts of the movie. The critics aren’t wrong it’s a great movie I’d put it as my second favorite Toy Story behind 2 and probably the best thing Pixar has done since Wall-E. The only thing I didn’t like was there wasn’t a short before the film.

Although, I don’t think they have quite the IP draw that HP does.

Also (and this is a general comment, not specific to you) - just a fair warning/reminder re: Tron. It IS really fun, but it is *very* short. Hagrid’s impressed me with how long the experience time is.

I am not a huge HP fan; I never have had a desire to go to Universal. But this coaster definitely piques my interest because of its uniqueness. It’s no FoP, but it looks very fun!

I've seen reports that they have yet to run with all the trains and have gone down for weather a good amount (out of Universal's control). The lack of ability to run all the trains seems like they either rushed it or want a long line. You'd never see six flags or cedar fair having a roller coster open that they can run at full capacity on the first day.

I've seen reports that they have yet to run with all the trains and have gone down for weather a good amount (out of Universal's control). The lack of ability to run all the trains seems like they either rushed it or want a long line. You'd never see six flags or cedar fair having a roller coster open that they can run at full capacity on the first day.

Yes, I don't really see 10 hour waits as a point of pride. 10 hour waits is more showing problematic ride operation. It's also should be a bit embarssing when you announce you are going to have a virtual queue and then make people stand in line for 10 hours as essentially a PR move. How can you not get a virtual queue to work? They have others at F&F and Jimmy Fallon, don't they? I just think Universal is given praise too quickly and criticism too thinly.

Yes, I don't really see 10 hour waits as a point of pride. 10 hour waits is more showing problematic ride operation. It's also should be a bit embarssing when you announce you are going to have a virtual queue and then make people stand in line for 10 hours as essentially a PR move. How can you not get a virtual queue to work? They have others at F&F and Jimmy Fallon, don't they? I just think Universal is given praise too quickly and criticism too thinly.

I've seen a lot of sentiments on line that the ride is amazing, worth the wait, etc. - BUT Universal should have opened this as a technical rehersal (as they have done with lots of other rides when they open) indicating that there might be more downtime, etc.

I think that would have been a bit more honest as while the ride is functional it clearly isn't in 100% full-on operational mode on day 1

Cedar Fair and Six Flags have both opened coasters with day one issues, they've also opened many operating at full capacity day one.

When Diamondback opened at Kings Island, I was told the line was 4 hours long when I got in it, it was actually only 1:45 because it blew away it's capacity estimates on day one. Mr. Freeze and Top Thrill Dragster are two highly anticipated rides that opened with many issues, though, off the top of my head.

Six Flags also routinely operates without all trains to build a line.

I see that the site "who must not be named" is reporting a rumor that the Country Bear Jamboree is to be closed. We typically do it every trip and would be appalled/disgusted if it in fact is closed. Greed wins out over a Disney Classic...shocking I know (said tongue firmly in cheek).

So I saw the report too, and am equally not happy about it ... guess I dont' see how this connects to "greed" though (unless you think they are going to sell dessert parties or something for it). I totally get they thought of not wanting classics replaced just b/c they might not have the highest usage of all attractions and can understand the "why does everything need to have IP?" - but don't see the specific connection to "greed" here

Greed as this ties into a current, well used IP, that results in even more sales for merchandise whereas sales of Country Bear merchandise I'd think is pretty low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts