News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price I posted is to renew a Platinum Pass. My post was in response to the poster I quoted that asked if there is still a discount for renewals.
I understood that.

Apologies. I got the impression you were expanding my post to include tax. The price I posted for a Platinum renewal already included tax.

$951.00 + $61.82(tax) = $1,012.82 total

Last edited:
W
NEWS

Annual Pass Price increase!

View attachment 409878
Well, that just killed that option for my family. We arrive on the 3rd and had planned to upgrade our tickets but sadly that is no longer an option. My wife and I work in education, have two kids in high school (and soon college), and live almost nine hours away and the previous price was on the edge of reason for us. Unfortunately, this has now fallen into the land of dreams and wishful thinking. After this trip, as much as it pains me, we are probably on to other vacation options.

All of that happened and they were only seeking ~$15k? I'm at a loss for words. I can't imagine enjoying a nice day in EPCOT to then in the blink of an eye have my child thrown in a trashcan and beaten. Like...my fingers had a hard time typing those words in that sentence in that order because that's how little sense it all makes to me.
15K is typically the threshold for full trial, so it's often described as being above or below that. It could be much more than that.

NEWS

Cost of parking at resorts has increased a little as well

For reservations made June 18, 2019 and thereafter for arrivals in 2020:
- Disney Value Resorts: $15 per night (up from $13)
- Disney Moderate Resorts: $20 per night (up from $19)
- Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $25 per night (up from $24)
Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

https://chipandco.com/walt-disney-w...TGUBmp5OrPdMyh5jxbsBQXSB8E4kJ51zjxw4vLfC6OXmY

It feels like Disney is moving away from having all the details fit the narrative and the storyline for a land, and more about immersing you in a feeling associated with the land. So even those things like aliens and space travel aren't really the definition of "the future" they evoke that feeling of things that are futuristic

So, yeah, I think a show featuring puppets that are cowboys and prospectors in the old west, fits the "feeling" of Fronteirland.

Not saying I want this change to happen but I don't think this would be the reason to not do it
If this is true it has to be for cost savings....cheaper to have puppets than animitronics you have to fix?? which is sad really.

My family saw it last week while we were at WDW, and the show was full, but the heads on the wall had seen better days.....

If this is true it has to be for cost savings....cheaper to have puppets than animitronics you have to fix?? which is sad really.

My family saw it last week while we were at WDW, and the show was full, but the heads on the wall had seen better days.....

I am sure it would be cheaper to maintain going forward - and perhaps the entire show really needs a full redo/update/etc just to be kept in good order so in the long run this would be cheaper

Though, still would cost more to create something new vs just continue to run the show as is

And if they are truly puppets they would have to pay the performers which usually make more than standard CMs if they are equity so live performance shows tend to cost more than animatronic ones to run

Wow, the Epcot entrance already looks so weird without the monoliths on one side. Gonna be a strange thing seeing such a dramatic (but still welcome) overhaul after all these years.

I know the 2000/Epcot wand on Spaceship Earth was terrible but it took me forever to get used it after it came down.

W

Well, that just killed that option for my family. We arrive on the 3rd and had planned to upgrade our tickets but sadly that is no longer an option. My wife and I work in education, have two kids in high school (and soon college), and live almost nine hours away and the previous price was on the edge of reason for us. Unfortunately, this has now fallen into the land of dreams and wishful thinking. After this trip, as much as it pains me, we are probably on to other vacation options.

We live only 2 hours away and the APs we used to have now would cost 33% more or $1200 more for our family of 5 in just 2 years time! Definitetly off the edge of reason now for us too. We have the FL resident tickets for our upcoming trip and were thinking of converting back to APs... not now. That’s insanity. Once the resident tickets stop, it’s game over for us as well.

NEWS

Cost of parking at resorts has increased a little as well

For reservations made June 18, 2019 and thereafter for arrivals in 2020:
- Disney Value Resorts: $15 per night (up from $13)
- Disney Moderate Resorts: $20 per night (up from $19)
- Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $25 per night (up from $24)
Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

https://chipandco.com/walt-disney-w...TGUBmp5OrPdMyh5jxbsBQXSB8E4kJ51zjxw4vLfC6OXmY
Interesting. I still dont get this. Just raise the hotel prices by a dollar or two .. no one would even notice.

They still seem to be not enforcing this. I went in November and when we checked in at the desk I was ASKED if I had a car on site. I told them yes, but I was grandfathered in because I made my reservation before the change and I was not charged.

I went again in March and never checked in at the front desk - just did online check in. So Disney had no way of knowing if I had a car onsite or if I was dropped off by a taxi. And since they never knew, I never saw the parking fee line item on my bill (i could have missed it, but didnt see it).

So when I go in November .. if I never TELL anyone I drove -- will I be charged? Because I am fine doing online check-in and skipping the front desk (even though desk check-in is part of the excitement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter