News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

It will take some very tall trees to hide this..even then there will be a giant blue orb above them :)
on second thought
Maybe they will turn that big pile of dirt into a berm and put in the trees on top of that :thumbsup2

Last edited:

This is actually really cool news. Disney has been hosting a lot of big sporting events lately.

Disney does a really good job of running these large events without much impact on "regular" guests. I was at Disney World during the Invictus Games in 2016. The only reason I knew it was happening was because I went to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort to eat and that was their base for guest rooms. But, there was no major adverse impact anywhere in the theme parks.

That said, I did get stuck in the FastPass line at Splash Mountain for roughly an extra 20 minutes on that trip. Once we got up to the boarding area, we were told that Prince Harry has just ridden. We were given an extra FastPass because of the delay (which I frankly didn't think was necessary).

I wish people would (a) stop bashing unfinished construction as "bad sight lines" and (b) realize that you have been able to see the castle from Splash Mountain since 1992.

Definitely didn't mean to imply I thought it was a disaster or anything, just surprised how much I could see from just ground level, middle of Fantasyland

Also, in EPCOT, near the Odyssey you could really see the skyliners going by and they totally ruined the view... Of the Swan and Dolphin hotels ;)

Yea, I think sight-lines are a thing of the past. But, If I had to choose between Tron and sight-lines, I’d choose Tron.
If the finished product looks like the previous photo I think an irregular shaped building with neon lighting can fit in both Fantasyland and Tomorrow Land as a backdrop without it being an obvious distraction.

The manager at beaches & cream sat me for my adr. I mentioned that I was happy the refurb got pushed so I was able to eat here and she said that it's because it ended up being a bit bigger than they thought and had to rework some stuff. It's going from 3 sections to 5 so not quite double in tables.

Last edited:
And in gondola related news... the Sea to Sky gondola has suffered a collapse. Good thing this happened at 4am and that nobody was hurt!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/squamish-gondola-falls-1.5242787

This article mentions that the manufacturer, Dopplmayr are flying in some representatives

https://www.squamishchief.com/news/...to-have-been-cut-say-squamish-rcmp-1.23911643

It’s pretty crazy to think someone climbed a tower and cut a cable in the middle of the night. Hopefully Disney has lots of cameras for their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!