News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...I’m a DLR local, and used to love Al’s columns. I think they contained way too much criticism to have been an inside job!

Unless the whole goal was to oust Eisner.

Which brings up Corless' site's recent sudden change from fawning over all things Disney and reactions to it across the Disney blogosphere. Could it be done again or are there too many voices now to pull it off?

Is this story coming out now coincidental or an attempt to shape PR or perhaps a warning to certain parties? If SWGE ends up a $2 billion dollar dud due to building something that resounds mostly with nerds over 45 instead of building something that connects with younger generations(HP and Marvel) then now is the time to attack the powers that be.

Last edited:
Unless the whole goal was to oust Eisner.

Which brings up Corless' site's recent sudden change from fawning over all things Disney and reactions to it across the Disney blogosphere. Could it be done again or are there too many voices now to pull it off?

Is this story coming out now coincidental or an attempt to shape PR or perhaps a warning to certain parties? If SWGE ends up a $2 billion dollar dud due to building something that resounds mostly with nerds over 45 instead of building something that connects with younger generations(HP and Marvel) then now is the time to attack the powers that be.
I definitely don’t agree with connecting this to Corless. I don’t think that is in anyway related.

Could it be done again? I think it could be but would be have to more strategic.

Far too early to declare SWGE a dud. It’s not finished yet.

I definitely don’t agree with connecting this to Corless. I don’t think that is in anyway related.

Could it be done again? I think it could be but would be have to more strategic.

Far too early to declare SWGE a dud. It’s not finished yet.

Plus Iger has tried to leave already and they couldn't find a replacement in time .... Feels like a very different situation than with Eisner

So for the Contemporary rumor. I dont care if they start bringing these themed rooms to the Deluxe Category, as long as the beds are comfortable. Last year my wife and I did a couple split stays that started out with our first Night at the moderates before switching to deluxe, and to be honest I found both the Pirate Ship bed and the Tiana Princess Bed, horrible for my back. I assume its the custom bed frames but regardless I slept like garbage compared to other moderate beds I have slept in. All in all the rooms were nice but the beds were a deal breaker for me, no I dont expect the beds at the moderate to be like the ones I get at deluxe or Swalphin, but these were uncomfortable even for moderate standards. I hope when Disney trys to do these pluses to Deluxe rooms, they at least make sure they are up to the same quality of other beds in that Disney Category. Bed quality is one of the things that is holding me back from wanting to try a tower room at the Riviera, I am not confident that a Murphy bed would be as comfortable as I would want for a deluxe resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!