News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

I believe A Monorail announcement will be coming. With the opening of the skyliner, construction to the front of Epcot, and the building of the bridge from GF to MK they have a few projects that seem to hint at the future.
Consider first why they are building a walkway from GF to MK? It's a nice add, but not one that really benefits Disney much. Except if say the Monorail line will be down for extended maintenance. It gives people staying at Poly and GF the option to walk to MK instead of waiting for a bus. The skyliner opening gives them a field group to study and get a reaction to regarding comfort, etc. On top of that the entire front of Epcot is being worked on as we speak. Adding the removal of that monorail line falls right into everything else that is being done.
Many people think the skyliner will be expanded, and I could see this being the next addition. Epcot front to TTC.
I have no insider knowledge about this, buy from everything I have read and do know of regarding the Monorails. This makes sense as there next move. Redo the system around MK, and eliminate the Epcot line. That line is horrible at park closing to get back to MK resorts. You could wait for 2-3 trains just to board. The constant loading of the skyliner would handle the guest flow much better. Even if it's a longer ride, you wouldn't have to wait to board and you'd be guaranteed a seat for the trip.
Here is hoping they do something.

I believe A Monorail announcement will be coming. With the opening of the skyliner, construction to the front of Epcot, and the building of the bridge from GF to MK they have a few projects that seem to hint at the future.
Consider first why they are building a walkway from GF to MK? It's a nice add, but not one that really benefits Disney much. Except if say the Monorail line will be down for extended maintenance. It gives people staying at Poly and GF the option to walk to MK instead of waiting for a bus. The skyliner opening gives them a field group to study and get a reaction to regarding comfort, etc. On top of that the entire front of Epcot is being worked on as we speak. Adding the removal of that monorail line falls right into everything else that is being done.
Many people think the skyliner will be expanded, and I could see this being the next addition. Epcot front to TTC.
I have no insider knowledge about this, buy from everything I have read and do know of regarding the Monorails. This makes sense as there next move. Redo the system around MK, and eliminate the Epcot line. That line is horrible at park closing to get back to MK resorts. You could wait for 2-3 trains just to board. The constant loading of the skyliner would handle the guest flow much better. Even if it's a longer ride, you wouldn't have to wait to board and you'd be guaranteed a seat for the trip.
Here is hoping they do something.
Monorails are not coming anytime soon.

If it hasn’t already been posted elsewhere, I can confirm that the refurb at All-Star Music has begun.

I walked through all 20 buildings in Sports and Music this afternoon. The third of Music’s Calypso 10 closest to Movies is closed off with the usual barriers and schedule paste-ups on the windows.

I saw nothing elsewhere in Music or Sports. (I didn’t expect to, but Disney does surprise me every now and them, so I thought I’d better look through it all.)

Music from yourfirstvist.net.jpg

If it hasn’t already been posted elsewhere, I can confirm that the refurb at All-Star Music has begun.

I walked through all 20 buildings in Sports and Music this afternoon. The third of Music’s Calypso 10 closest to Movies is closed off with the usual barriers and schedule paste-ups on the windows.

I saw nothing elsewhere in Music or Sports. (I didn’t expect to, but Disney does surprise me every now and them, so I thought I’d better look through it all.)

View attachment 437757
This was expected.

I didn't read it that way, Ryan. I read it as though the guy thinks we'll be getting "bad" news re: monorails. That is, if you like riding them. I sorta see where he's coming from.
I don't think that happens either. They are in the midst of refurbishing them.

View attachment 437757

Those are the suites correct? Very curious how that refurb will go.

This is great news! We took the boat form DHS a few times earlier this month and a full boat would take a while to get through the 2 people doing security checks when the Friendship boat docked.

And with the Skyliner it is more of a continual arrival not a dump of people like a bus or a boat so really shouldn't be too bad - but good to have this extra capacity for like park opening times and just to ease peoples' fears of potential backups

Couple pieces of anecdotal news/updates:

1) Used the new IG entrance this morning but they only had two lines open - one for APs and one general. It was far from busy so there wasn’t a huge need for more to be open, but thought I’d mention that

2) Had a great encounter with Citizens of Hollywood this morning, DH was involved in the joke-telling and I won a little trophy for knowing some Disney trivia. I was never able to see the “full” Citizens team before they were cut last year, but they were a delight today

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!