News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news! I did not die and I rode it twice.

The secondary restraints have been removed, but the primary restraints are much more snug than I remember. They seem to be a few inches lower, which is a very good thing. The load time is longer since they allow the cars to have much more room. The motions seemed much less jerky and the spins were more smooth. Overall, as someone who hates the Primeval Whirl I felt that it was much improved. Whatever they did to the primary restraints made me feel much more secure.

I also have a suspicion that they opened it up for Disney After Hours. It wasn’t opened the other times I’ve been to Animal Kingdom this week and it’s printed on my program.

View attachment 445694

BlogMickey wrote that Disney was only trying to get it going for After Hours and whenever "seasonal" is: https://blogmickey.com/2019/10/late...whirl-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-october-2019/

im catching up so apologize if we aren’t supposed to be talking GE here......
ugh, another ride (along with Test Track) that will be down when we go in February
That's always the trade off of going during off season....it tends to be the reburb time.

Wow, so our trips are almost matching up twice - just figured out over on the DVC Fan Facebook page that @skier_pete and I are both at Boardwalk for a trip next weekend. That's our kid-free trip, but then we're taking the kids the first week of February.

A couple of firsts for us though - next weekend will be our first time staying at Boardwalk, then we'll be split-staying our February trip with 4 nights at Riviera (obviously a first) and 4 nights at Poly. Stayed at Poly regular, but not the DVC.
i am so curious about Riviera stays. We will have to check it out some time.....but we have stayed at all the other DVC resorts and taking Stormalong Bay out of the equation, The Poly is by far our favorite DVC resort to stay in if we are in a Studio.
We enjoyed our encounter with Timon and Rafiki when we booked Circles of Flavor at AK last month. Very animated and tons of photopass photos! By the way, I have to give Circles of Flavor a big thumbs up.
NEWS

Universal has announced some new perks for pass holders including a first-ever dedicated gate at both theme parks throughout January.

i wonder how it works if 1/2 of your party are AP holders and 1/2 are just regular ticket holders? We have this situation in December.
I have read dozens of SW books (mostly the new canon) and have never seen the words bathroom or restroom. It is always “refresher,” so it is part of canon. I don’t remember it being mentioned in the movies though.
Movie stars don’t go to the bathroom :)
Medium SW fan here...on the flip side I am glad they opened the land as early as possible (even without RotR) because it will help spread the crowds out a bit more for my trip in June.
i agree. We had the AP preview for a great experience, then had the Aug/Sept trip to engage with the land. Now, when we go in December, we will hopefully be able to concentrate on just the new ride and allow our son/dil the ability to experience it all while we take our granddaughter elsewhere.
just since it was burred in that story, so people see it - tickets will then go on sale following the airing of the trailer

View attachment 445555
NEWS

AMC theaters to offer 27 hour long showing of every Star Wars movie leading up to Rise of Skywalker which will start 1 hour earlier than general public showings

https://collider.com/amc-star-wars-marathon-rise-of-skywalker/
A movie marathon sounds fun. I love this movie poster and was excited to acquire it on Triple Force Friday from my Disney Store purchase on that weekend!

Sad day for me. I cannot count the number of times we've stopped to watch a last show and listen to the music, particularly around the holidays, after the long stroll around World Showcase following Illuminations. Great memories!
I agree. And now I wonder if the Holiday Gospel show will not go on this year. They always had the stage set up right behind it (in the past), I think.

i wonder how it works if 1/2 of your party are AP holders and 1/2 are just regular ticket holders? We have this situation in December.

If it works like at Disney only those in your party with the AP can use the AP Lanes - you can't bring non-AP holders with you

NOTE: New thread for discussing Galaxy's Edge Performance and Evolution

Hi all, just in an effort to encourage discussion but to free up this thread to focus on news items, I have started a thread over in the Galaxy's Edge Subforum for discussion around the performance and evolution of Galaxy's Edge

Link: https://www.disboards.com/threads/galaxys-edge-performance-and-evolution-discussion.3775267/
Idea is to keep the discussion centralized so all people that want to engage can, and also I will try to organize things by topic - or at least keep track of roughtly where is heavy discussion of given topics.

Suggested topics to start are:
- Overall thoughts on performance of the land: What is working, what isn't?
- Who is the audience for this land? How might reality differ from what Disney was expecting?
- Immersion: Is it something guests want? Is there too much/too little? Thoughts on the removal of the Star Wars names for the food?

If chatter gets heavy her on the topic I will remind people of this dedicated thread. Please note the goal is absolutely not to stiffle discussion, but rather to encourage it ..... but also to to separate it from the News thread

thanks!

@rteetz - let me know if you think this will work out - happy to adjust as needed
@MommaBerd - just tagging you as you asked to let you know if I started the thread

We have never ridden this. Is it like the Six Flags Tony Hawk ride?
I have never ridden it either, but yes it appears to be the same. Our Six Flags version is no longer Tony Hawk (I forget what they call it now), but same ride regardless.

We thought it was good. I was one of the few people who seemed to like the first one. I still like it better, but I can definitely see why people who didn't like the first one like this one.
My daughter and I loved the 1st movie something about this movie has me hesitant to see it at all.

My daughter and I loved the 1st movie something about this movie has me hesitant to see it at all.

It was actually good. I was very reluctant at first too. My son really wanted to see it at the theater though. I had also heard some reviews from people who hated the first one but thought the story and CG were much better. I don't think it's better, because I liked the uniqueness of the the first one so much. However, I thought this one was really good.

If it works like at Disney only those in your party with the AP can use the AP Lanes - you can't bring non-AP holders with you
If we're talking about the AP lane for the tap/fingerprint entrance - last year when I had an AP and wife and kids did not, at some point they told me we could all go through the AP lane. I don't think I've ever seen them actually check for APs either.

If we're talking about the AP lane for the tap/fingerprint entrance - last year when I had an AP and wife and kids did not, at some point they told me we could all go through the AP lane. I don't think I've ever seen them actually check for APs either.

When we went last I had an AP and my wife did not and I was informed that she could not come through the AP line with me

But wouldn't be the first time there was inconsistency at a Disney park

I also was allowed to bring my kids with me while my husband checked the bags and came in after us. I am the only one in our family with an AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!