News Round Up 2020

Does anyone have any info on when the WDW presentation to the committee is?

Super curious if ours will open at all (Darien Lake). Also hoping their re openings go really well.
Darien Lake is what, like 95% outdoors? I haven't been in a decade or so but I'm really struggling to think of an indoor attraction. I think there's a real chance of that happening. Maybe not for another month or so though.

Darien Lake is what, like 95% outdoors? I haven't been in a decade or so but I'm really struggling to think of an indoor attraction. I think there's a real chance of that happening. Maybe not for another month or so though.
I don't believe they have any indoor attractions, honestly. I'm in the same boat as you as I haven't been in about 6 years. I didn't even realize they went back to being operated by Six Flags!

I don't believe they have any indoor attractions, honestly. I'm in the same boat as you as I haven't been in about 6 years. I didn't even realize they went back to being operated by Six Flags!
Just have to ask do any of you ever go to other parks other then Disney? The key thing to me is I hope Cedar Fair follows the same reservation system. People will the highest level pass get first chance at reservations.

Just have to ask do any of you ever go to other parks other then Disney? The key thing to me is I hope Cedar Fair follows the same reservation system. People will the highest level pass get first chance at reservations.
I went to Darien Lake quite a bit as a child and young adult, but have since moved to the other side of the country, so it's a bit difficult. Not sure why this is relevant at all. I wasn't trying to make any statement about other parks.

Thanks for assuming! I went to Darien Lake quite a bit as a child and young adult, but have since moved to the other side of the country, so it's a bit difficult.

Also not entirely sure that the rest of your post has anything to do with mine.
That makes sense on why you haven't gone. I was just meaning other parks in general.

The rest of the post doesn't have anything to do with yours. Just making a comment on the plans Six Flags is implementing.

All I can think of is bumper cars and even that isn't really like a fully enclosed building, the whole front of it is open.

Some people don't go to other parks. I only go to Six Flags for my kids and it's 15 minutes away, otherwise I don't have an intense desire to go there. I have a monetary interest involved in this situation because we bought 5 APs. I love WDW, but I enjoy vacationing at non theme park destinations as well so WDW is the only park I focus on. Other vacations are for sight seeing, history, beaches, camping and cities. If my kids asked I would take them to other amusement parks but I'd be watching them on the big coasters, I wouldn't be on them myself. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

News

Six Flags will be reopening their first park on June 5th. Frontier City.

https://www.thestreet.com/.amp/investing/six-flags-oklahoma-city-to-reopen-in-june
That's my local park, I didn't realize they were first. They have light enough crowds I'll likely check it out in a few weeks. Hopefully they enforce the mask wearing more than the Zoo does.

People on FB are of course losing their minds about wearing masks. More support than negativity, but man some of the comments are just beyond any rational thought. I personally hate masks, but if it helps keep us open while waiting on effective treatment I think it's a worthwhile trade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter