News Round Up 2020

so touchless bag check, virtual queues, increased sanitation ... can we just make all of that the "new norm" going forward?

(and can Disney get some of those touchless bag check machines?)
I'm very interested in the touchless bag check technology.

I really don't understand how virtual queues will really help, since the people have to go somewhere. If they aren't in a queue they'll be in the common areas, which weren't designed to have 20k people spaced apart. *I don't think SF is using VQ.

I'm very interested in the touchless bag check technology.

I really don't understand how virtual queues will really help, since the people have to go somewhere. If they aren't in a queue they'll be in the common areas, which weren't designed to have 20k people spaced apart. *I don't think SF is using VQ.

in the video, at the 1:36 mark she says "we will soon be launching a new virtual queue system for ride lines"

I think the idea with the VQ is just to limit the #s in the queues as with proper social distancing the queuse won't be able to handle as many people as they were originally designed for so just makes social distancing in the queues easier - plus if you just run out of room in the queues hard to have the social distance markings go on forever.

Also, I think it just helps reduce the time people are just standing in proximity to others (even if 6' or more apart) which I imagine is extra important for indoor/covered queues (so picturing like for Hagrid's where the line goes inside the castle looking part, probably don't want people in that part for that long - not sure how queues are at six flags)

in the video, at the 1:36 mark she says "we will soon be launching a new virtual queue system for ride lines"

I think the idea with the VQ is just to limit the #s in the queues as with proper social distancing the queuse won't be able to handle as many people as they were originally designed for so just makes social distancing in the queues easier - plus if you just run out of room in the queues hard to have the social distance markings go on forever.

Also, I think it just helps reduce the time people are just standing in proximity to others (even if 6' or more apart) which I imagine is extra important for indoor/covered queues (so picturing like for Hagrid's where the line goes inside the castle looking part, probably don't want people in that part for that long - not sure how queues are at six flags)
Agreed, people should think of the virtual queue more as a notice that it is your turn to go wait in line than it is your turn to go get on the ride right away.

Agreed, people should think of the virtual queue more as a notice that it is your turn to go wait in line than it is your turn to go get on the ride right away.
Yeah, that's how I assumed it would be, but you still have the issue of where are those people going to wait instead? The common areas get pretty full even when the queues are normal even on lighter crowd days.

Yeah, that's how I assumed it would be, but you still have the issue of where are those people going to wait instead? The common areas get pretty full even when the queues are normal even on lighter crowd days.

I think that is why they will likely start with really low crowds - to your point if the queue lines are only holding 25% of what they normally hold, that is a lot more people that would be elsewhere in the park and why I think they would start more like 25% of capacity not the max 50% guidance

Though, might depend on the park - more room at, say, EPCOT to "space yourselves"

My husband got another survey from Universal (I'm beginning to feel left out haha). I've omitted the screenshots of random questions related to gender, age, zip code, country and annual salary.

I'm not quite positive here but it makes me wonder if they are trying to guage the need for a ticket deal to entice people to have confidence to come back but I could be completely off the target.

My husband got another survey from Universal (I'm beginning to feel left out haha). I've omitted the screenshots of random questions related to gender, age, zip code, country and annual salary.

View attachment 497184

View attachment 497183

View attachment 497185

View attachment 497186

View attachment 497189

View attachment 497187

I'm not quite positive here but it makes me wonder if they are trying to guage the need for a ticket deal to entice people to have confidence to come back but I could be completely off the target.

I got the same one. Must have went out to a lot of people.

Yeah just to expand on that announcement, the meeting will be livestreamed tomorrow and is planned to go from 10 AM - 12 PM.

View attachment 497184

View attachment 497183

View attachment 497185

View attachment 497186

View attachment 497189

View attachment 497187

Different choices.Screenshot_20200526-142656.png
Found these choices interesting...do they get a lot of visitors from Venezuela?
Screenshot_20200526-142949.png

tenor.gif

I get all the Universal surveys as well.

Interesting observation. It asked what country I reside in. As soon as I answered Canada the survey ended.

Right now I really believe they are focusing on getting locals and people with in realistic driving distance into the parks.

They know for a number of reasons no one from outside the US is planning to,get on a plane and spend $10k or more on a vacation to Orlando. That's only going to happen when people can enjoy their Orlando vacation the way they want.

Very short press release issued:

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) announced that Walt Disney World Resort executives will submit a proposal tomorrow, May 27, to the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force in Florida for a phased reopening of the resort’s theme parks. Jim MacPhee, Senior Vice President of Operations, Walt Disney World Resort, will give a virtual presentation of the proposed approach during tomorrow’s online meeting of the Task Force, which begins at 10 a.m. EDT/7:00 a.m. PDT.

To view the meeting live on Orange TV, please visit the following website: https://www.orangecountyfl.net/OpenGovernment/OrangeTVVisionTV/OrangeTVLive.aspx#.XswtSC3-2u4
Then there’s like a 2 page long fair harbor disclaimer, which, if you’re dying to read, the whole release is here.

Very short press release issued:

Then there’s like a 2 page long fair harbor disclaimer, which, if you’re dying to read, the whole release is here.
PS if you didn’t follow along with the universal one, they read all the public comments before the theme park presentation. So it was a while before UOR got started. According to the agenda, Seaworld is going first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter