News Round Up 2020

We are moving so much faster than I thought we would!
It's an illusion since phase 1 never really happened and phase 2 is what we were doing the whole time except adding curbside pick up for stores. lol Very happy he changed the church situation yesterday though (not that my church is going to open but they CAN now if they want to.)

seems like they are coming out staggered, seeing more people saying they have gotten them recently (also saw other people said they found their in their spam folder)

Hope you get something soon!

thank you. Me too...I’m checking junk mail frequently. Trying to be patient I do think Disney is trying to work through this mess the best they can but it’s certainly frustrating...

My in laws got the email, they have no active tickets or reservations. They couldn't figure out the notice to specific groups so it looks like they're just blasting everyone that has a MDE account.

I got the "News regarding your upcoming Disney vacation " e-mail.

My vacation was planned for 6/16-6/20 .. so a reservation that couldn't happen, but the e-mail still says I will be one of the first to access the new Theme Park reservation system.

I had a room only reservation (AoA-Mermaid), but had valid tickets in the system (3 "no expiration" tickets with days still left and an AP voucher (for my daughter)).

So it looks like they are letting people who don't even have a "valid" reservation (one that was scheduled before the opening date) get access to the reservation system ... even though I will have to rebook my hotel reservation before considering reserving a theme park spot.

Will I be able to reserve a theme park spot (or several) with the "intention" of going sometime in the future while not having a booked room reservation? That seems odd.

Now whether you'd want to GO to MNSSHP with no character meet and greets, no fireworks, and similar crowd levels all day anyways is another story...
If Disney has all these restrictions in place come September/October . .they will have some serious issues on their hand -- it could be a ghost town and they'll probably just cancel these parties due to lack of demand *shrug* (except that first one in August -- that one will be packed thanks to the locals and vloggers wanting to be "first". :)).

Now whether you'd want to GO to MNSSHP with no character meet and greets, no fireworks, and similar crowd levels all day anyways is another story...

I took this as a good sign that those things will be back by then. I just can't imagine having it without any of those things. That's literally the only difference in a normal day. Oh, the candy you can buy for $10 that people spend hours collecting...

my guess is it was all automated with the system checking for "resort stay booked" + "theme park tickets purchased" ... since I technically meet those requirements that is why I got it - but even if I can get in to the system I assume I still wouldn't be able to book anything for my current trip, but I guess it might let me book another trip or something
I have a trip planned June 14 that was booked July 2, 2020. I have not received any emails from Disney.

Wait...so is it only AP holders getting the email? I'm not an AP holder but I have a room and resort reservation booked, and dining reservations, and haven't gotten either email. Nothing in spam folders. :(

Edit: I meant room and tickets. Not getting a good feeling about this year.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter