News Round Up 2020

Yeah, it’s pretty rough. They protected our commission up until now but if we now move or cancel trips during their open dates, our commission is gone. Double/triple the work down the drain.

There were 6 versions of the email sent out. Just depended on what bucket you fell into as to which one you got (usually with only a sent or two difference).

I would be willing to bet only DVC resorts open.

All emails should be sent out within 48 hours of the announcement.
It’s now early Sunday morning. I have 2 reservations on the books (both with dining plans) and still no emails received here. The majority of our dining reservations (started with about 20 between the 2 trips) have been removed with only 5 still remaining linked to MDE. Will be keeping a close eye on the CRT one as a few days after that cancellation I should se a corresponding refund to my MC.

It’s now early Sunday morning. I have 2 reservations on the books (both with dining plans) and still no emails received here. The majority of our dining reservations (started with about 20 between the 2 trips) have been removed with only 5 still remaining linked to MDE. Will be keeping a close eye on the CRT one as a few days after that cancellation I should se a corresponding refund to my MC.

Did you check your spam folder? I got my email a bit later than most of the ones reported on this thread and it was a dining plan-specific email. So that may have been one of the later round mailings--but it could also have been filtered out.

Did you check your spam folder? I got my email a bit later than most of the ones reported on this thread and it was a dining plan-specific email. So that may have been one of the later round mailings--but it could also have been filtered out.
Yes), I’ve checked it regularly also and no email here yet.

Me either, and my Beach Club reservation for Nov still shows DDP, and reservation I made before shut down are still there.

ETA: All ADRs now gone. :(

Last edited:

As far as I know they were already testing it before the shutdown.

yeah they were testing it - it is up on their website. Still says "Spring 2020" as when Iron Gwazi is set to open so doesn't seem like any official confirmation if it will be open on day 1 of the park re-opening

I wonder if they might push the opening of the attraction to be a few weeks after the park opens just so they get in some practice of running the park with the new guidliens, etc. and then have that separate date for 100% focus to be on the ride

I really don't even know what to take from this statement. "Racism is Bad"? "We need to have compassion"? Everything I come up with is obvious.

Part of me thinks companies are putting out these statements just because they have to or else will be questioned for why they aren't

That said, and while these are just words, if they practice what is in them and do "resolve to use our compassion, our creative ideas and our collective sense of humanity to ensure we are fostering a culture that acknowledges our people’s feelings and their pain" I think Disney is in the position to try to progress things and challenge things (heck, I wasn't sure if we would ever see Disney produce something like the short they just added to Disney + "Out" - maybe they use that platform to advance other ideals)

Part of me thinks companies are putting out these statements just because they have to or else will be questioned for why they aren't

That said, and while these are just words, if they practice what is in them and do "resolve to use our compassion, our creative ideas and our collective sense of humanity to ensure we are fostering a culture that acknowledges our people’s feelings and their pain" I think Disney is in the position to try to progress things and challenge things (heck, I wasn't sure if we would ever see Disney produce something like the short they just added to Disney + "Out" - maybe they use that platform to advance other ideals)
The statements on twitter from some of the subsidiaries were more direct:

I apologize if this isn't the correct forum. Please tell me if there is a more appropriate thread. I have been searching, but I am a bit overwhelmed. We currently have reservations at POP in August. Our park tickets were purchased through undercover tourist and we have them in hand. I have not linked our park tickets yet. We haven't decided if we will go or not so I am hesitant to link the tickets. Will this affect our ability to reserve park days? Also we are a party of seven and have two rooms reserved. I have only purchased tickets for 6 people thus far. My husband will only be able to join us for a few days and I haven't purchased his park tickets yet. Any idea if I will be allowed to purchase park tickets for him since he is on the room reservation? TIA

I apologize if this isn't the correct forum. Please tell me if there is a more appropriate thread. I have been searching, but I am a bit overwhelmed. We currently have reservations at POP in August. Our park tickets were purchased through undercover tourist and we have them in hand. I have not linked our park tickets yet. We haven't decided if we will go or not so I am hesitant to link the tickets. Will this affect our ability to reserve park days? Also we are a party of seven and have two rooms reserved. I have only purchased tickets for 6 people thus far. My husband will only be able to join us for a few days and I haven't purchased his park tickets yet. Any idea if I will be allowed to purchase park tickets for him since he is on the room reservation? TIA
Well you’re tickets should be dated so it won’t matter if you link them now or not. They’re valid for the days you bought. That is unless you bought the flex option which gives you a bit more freedom on the tickets.

Based on what’s been said it would seem your husband might be out of luck until they start selling tickets again.

This thread will post new information as it becomes available. It's a big thread, so I would just look at the first post. They update that with official information.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...ly-mk-dak-open-7-11-ep-dhs-open-7-15.3795738/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter