News Round Up 2020

definitely will bei interesting for things like Rise, ToT, Haunted Mansion, etc where pre-shows are pretty important to the ride (at least for first time riders)

Guess another good thing with having 5+ weeks to prep for the opening is Disney can potentially work on adapting those to work vs just having to eliminate them

Some attractions the preshow doesn’t really matter. But things like Gringotts, Rise, MF:SR, Hagrid’s, Haunted Mansion etc etc it’s an essential part of the experience that sets up the ride portion. If the line isn’t too long I go through standby at Universal instead of single for most things so I can experience the preshow (not that single rider is an option now). Why can’t we social distance in those areas too? Hopefully Disney figures it out, especially for SR and Rise.

Some attractions the preshow doesn’t really matter. But things like Gringotts, Rise, MF:SR, Hagrid’s, Haunted Mansion etc etc it’s an essential part of the experience that sets up the ride portion. If the line isn’t too long I go through standby at Universal instead of single for most things so I can experience the preshow (not that single rider is an option now). Why can’t we social distance in those areas too? Hopefully Disney figures it out, especially for SR and Rise.

I didn't see the Hagrid's pre-show and it didn't bother me one bit. Then again, I really don't like pre-shows.

I’d actually put the FoP preshow in the pretty important category too. First timers need to know how to sit on the ride vehicle. And you get pretty close to others in there.

Exactly .. you are going to a place where there are lots of people close to each other ... we don't need to be shoulder to shoulder like we usually are in pre-show areas (because there won't be the crowds (at first), so they shouldn't be skipped.

We (as guests) just have to be okay with being near people again .. or may as well just close up things like theme parks altogether. This virus is seemingly caught with prolonged exposure in enclosed spaces .. not a minute or two in a small room. Besides .. if everyone is wearing masks, then things like pre-shows SHOULD be less risk anyway.

We don't need to modify every little thing to accommodate social distancing. It is pretty much impossible without ruining the experience these places are known for. Just give people some time to be out and about in public again (a month or so) and I would say the vast majority of guests (who have decided to 'risk' coming to a very public theme park in the first place) are going to be okay with standing in a room for a pre-show for a few minutes.

We (as guests) just have to be okay with being near people again .. or may as well just close up things like theme parks altogether. This virus is seemingly caught with prolonged exposure in enclosed spaces .. not a minute or two in a small room. Besides .. if everyone is wearing masks, then things like pre-shows SHOULD be less risk anyway.

We don't need to modify every little thing to accommodate social distancing. It is pretty much impossible without ruining the experience these places are known for. Just give people some time to be out and about in public again (a month or so) and I would say the vast majority of guests (who have decided to 'risk' coming to a very public theme park in the first place) are going to be okay with standing in a room for a pre-show for a few minutes.

This! We had a great message at church using the stop light to talk about our comfortableness post COVID-19. It's ok to be a green light and it's ok to be yellow or red, too. We, as a church, can use this terminology in talking with one another and moving forward - "What's your color? Green? Let's get the kids together! Red? Can I drop some groceries for you or get your meds?" It's the green lights that are going to go back out and back into church, eating, shopping, etc. It's most definitely the green lights that are going to be going back to the theme parks this summer. If we're already "risking" ourselves by being there, I don't think standing in a small group for a few minutes is going to make me turn around a leave. We're in Florida soon for a beach vacation and since hope of swinging by Disney for a day or two is gone, we are now considering Universal (if it's just parents leaving kids at the beach with grandparents), or SeaWorld or LegoLand if the kids (6 and 4) do go. I LOVE Harry Potter but haven't been to UO since the Jaws/Earthquake days. Hearing that these important pre-shows are cut may make me choose one of the other parks. Kind of excited to try something else. Since we have APs, we've always said it's silly to spend extra money doing another park since Disney is paid for; now we don't have a choice.

My guess is the point to which you'd have to social distance in those areas would slow down the line to being below the available capacity even with skipping seats and rows. Think about Rise, you could probably only safely put what, 6-10 people in the main preshow, and probably same for the 2nd preshow just before you ride. Haunted Mansion is probably even worse. You might could squeeze 10-15 people in the stretching room, but the doom buggies go out so fast, the ride would be running basically empty. Plus the tight indoor spaces are one of the worst places to be, so I imagine they want to minimize things like that, but that's obvious.

This! We had a great message at church using the stop light to talk about our comfortableness post COVID-19. It's ok to be a green light and it's ok to be yellow or red, too. We, as a church, can use this terminology in talking with one another and moving forward - "What's your color? Green? Let's get the kids together! Red? Can I drop some groceries for you or get your meds?" It's the green lights that are going to go back out and back into church, eating, shopping, etc. It's most definitely the green lights that are going to be going back to the theme parks this summer. If we're already "risking" ourselves by being there, I don't think standing in a small group for a few minutes is going to make me turn around a leave. We're in Florida soon for a beach vacation and since hope of swinging by Disney for a day or two is gone, we are now considering Universal (if it's just parents leaving kids at the beach with grandparents), or SeaWorld or LegoLand if the kids (6 and 4) do go. I LOVE Harry Potter but haven't been to UO since the Jaws/Earthquake days. Hearing that these important pre-shows are cut may make me choose one of the other parks. Kind of excited to try something else. Since we have APs, we've always said it's silly to spend extra money doing another park since Disney is paid for; now we don't have a choice.

What I've noticed is a loooot of jealousy and judgement from the red light people towards the green light people, which I don't know how you fix. And likewise greens need to quit feeling superior and calling others scared or sheep. Yeah, if everyone would listen to that and just treat others with empathy and understanding that would be great. I don't blame anyone for handling this the way they feel they need to. And I will do anything to accommodate people who feel uncomfortable with going out, or being around people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter