News Round Up 2020

Agree ..

I feel Harry Potter got people to go to Universal that never would have gone to Universal EVER (or don't even have any interest in any other parts of the parks besides Wizarding World). I don't feel SWGE did that. Because the new movies didn't really excite a new fanbase in Star Wars, I just don't hear people wanting to take their family to Disney specifically for SWGE like I hear families wanting to go to Universal JUST for Wizarding World. That is anecdotal though.

Super Nintendo World? it has such a long history (almost as long as Star Wars) but is still VERY relevant to the kids of today and nostalgic to the kids of yesterday. It will definitely pull market share from WDW and I don't know how Disney will respond (or if they need to).

I can totally agree with the bolded statement. Wizarding world was my initial draw back to the parks in general. Yes I keep going back because of Disney but my initial draw was seeing Hogwarts castle. I'm personally really shocked SWGE hasn't had that pull but perhaps the way they went about it made it seem majorly incomplete and not worth it. I can see SNW being a huge draw too, but who knows. Hopefully they watched these mistakes Disney made by rolling out GE and don't repeat that.

SeaWorld News

Looks like SeaWorld Orlando will also be getting a new coaster next year as has been rumored for a while, likely a B&M wing coaster. So now 3 confirmed new projects next year for the company, with a San Antonio project also strongly rumored. This year all 5 of their park locations are getting a new major coaster. Next year it looks like every site but Busch Tampa may be getting one again.

https://www.thecoasterkings.com/seaworld-orlando-files-plans-for-2021-attraction/

Last edited:
For D23 members, there will be a podcast starting at 8:00 am pacific time tomorrow (1/17) from Disneyland: (I'll be in a meeting at work, hope that the podcast can be replayed at a future time tomorrow).

"D23 Inside Disney podcast invites you to a special event from Batuu for the opening of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Opening January 17 at Disneyland Park. We’ll take you along as our hosts Jeffrey R. Epstein (D23), Candice Valdez (Radio Disney), and Sheri Alzeerah (Oh My Disney) experience the attraction firsthand and speak with the Imagineers and creative minds for an inside look at this groundbreaking attraction. You never know who may join these Rebels as they seek to overthrow the First Order."

For D23 members, there will be a podcast starting at 8:00 am pacific time tomorrow (1/17) from Disneyland: (I'll be in a meeting at work, hope that the podcast can be replayed at a future time tomorrow).

"D23 Inside Disney podcast invites you to a special event from Batuu for the opening of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Opening January 17 at Disneyland Park. We’ll take you along as our hosts Jeffrey R. Epstein (D23), Candice Valdez (Radio Disney), and Sheri Alzeerah (Oh My Disney) experience the attraction firsthand and speak with the Imagineers and creative minds for an inside look at this groundbreaking attraction. You never know who may join these Rebels as they seek to overthrow the First Order."
Man, not the point of this but what a terrible coincidence, I would end up changing my name to J.R. Epstein if I had that name. At the same time...

92848345df07a91cbddebc86a9ae84b08de4254bbc1c9eca7a8eaceadd910602.jpg

Anyway, happy opening day to Disneyland ROTR! Curious how things play out over there.

Man, not the point of this but what a terrible coincidence, I would end up changing my name to J.R. Epstein if I had that name. At the same time...

92848345df07a91cbddebc86a9ae84b08de4254bbc1c9eca7a8eaceadd910602.jpg

Anyway, happy opening day to Disneyland ROTR! Curious how things play out over there.
One my favorite Instragrammers seems to be close friends with him. I remember the first time she mentioned him I was really taken aback at first!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter