News Round Up 2020

Received a survey about my January trip to WDW based on what rides I went on, it asked me about Test Track and MuppetVision. Just thought I’d share.
What kind of questions was the survey asking? A survey would indicate they want to change something -- I wonder if they are just getting a good feel of what attractions are popular or not ..... with the sad truth being they are wondering what attraction they can cut with minimal guest impact. You've got to figure that Disney will be slashing and burning as much as they can until they can be open in full capacity.

My guess is we'll see a lot of attractions go dark and "seasonal" eventually after they get a good feel of how many people are showing up and what they are doing ... especially theatre attractions .. Muppetvision, Philharmagic .. especially if the new guests start avoiding those attractions because of the virus.

I have an insulin pump and plan to check with the pump manufacturer. I have found that different models have different tolerances for scatter/radiation/metal detection, and models more than a few years old are less likely to be "compatible". I imagine the same is true with pacemakers/defibrillators. Even if Disney said it was safe, I wouldn't take Disney's word for it, personally, just knowing how much medical devices have changed over time.
The doctors gave me a card to carry and show when going through airport security. Told me to always request a patdown and avoid the metal detectors and anything magnetic.

What kind of questions was the survey asking? A survey would indicate they want to change something -- I wonder if they are just getting a good feel of what attractions are popular or not ..... with the sad truth being they are wondering what attraction they can cut with minimal guest impact. You've got to figure that Disney will be slashing and burning as much as they can until they can be open in full capacity.

My guess is we'll see a lot of attractions go dark and "seasonal" eventually after they get a good feel of how many people are showing up and what they are doing ... especially theatre attractions .. Muppetvision, Philharmagic .. especially if the new guests start avoiding those attractions because of the virus.
Mine about Everest asked questions about everything from cast costumes, to knowing the back story of the attraction, to animatronics (I’m looking at you disco yeti) and theming.

Mine about Everest asked questions about everything from cast costumes, to knowing the back story of the attraction, to animatronics (I’m looking at you disco yeti) and theming.

That's interesting ... Maybe trying to figure out what aspect of rides people value the most? Do people care about the backstory? (Feel like I could quickly go down a rabbit hole of negativity)

Or maybe which rides do people notice all the details vs which ones they need to do a better job of explaining?

While there may be some incorrect info in the NYtimes article, they're probably correct that Disney is obviously about to become a lightning rod for politicized debate starting this weekend. No matter how well (or unwell) the re-opening goes, Disney will be used and abused as an example how poorly (or great) things are going. Not much attention may be paid to Universal or the other parks, but WDW will probably become a Rorschach test for our political climate in the coming days and weeks.

He's really a great actor! Would make an awesome Hook!

Hmmm, Disney's LOVE-ACTION Peter Pan....could be interesting...
:D

Maybe because I recently watched 'Birds of Prey' and 'Doctor Sleep' ... but man do I still confuse Jude Law with Ewan McGregor. Love 'em both though

I don't think they want to shut down attractions now. Shutting down an attraction means lower park capacity. That means less people that Disney can sell tickets, food and merchandise to. What I do think they might want to know is what at the attractions they can scale back without closing while limiting the backlash.

While there may be some incorrect info in the NYtimes article, they're probably correct that Disney is obviously about to become a lightning rod for politicized debate starting this weekend. No matter how well (or unwell) the re-opening goes, Disney will be used and abused as an example how poorly (or great) things are going. Not much attention may be paid to Universal or the other parks, but WDW will probably become a Rorschach test for our political climate in the coming days and weeks.

This is going to create controversy for Disney, but they are really reaching the point that they have no choice. Disney has to start increasing the ways they generate revenue or face the very real possibility of not being the same company coming out of the crisis that they were going into it.

I don't think they want to shut down attractions now. Shutting down an attraction means lower park capacity. That means less people that Disney can sell tickets, food and merchandise to. What I do think they might want to know is what at the attractions they can scale back without closing while limiting the backlash.
I received the survey too - Philharmagic and Laugh Floor.
The initial list In the survey seemed to be broader than just minor attractions. I thought I saw Test Track, Soarin, Space Mountain and a few other big names on the list. Maybe they are asking about a broad list to see what people rode but are only doing the detailed followup on a few targeted attractions.

Disney is definitely getting all the flak. I saw tons of people elsewhere online yesterday criticizing them for opening now while not realizing all the other parks in the area have been open for a month already.

Disney is definitely getting all the flak. I saw tons of people elsewhere online yesterday criticizing them for opening now while not realizing all the other parks in the area have been open for a month already.
Yep . .i saw the picture of cast members "crowded" at the entrance of SDMT all over the internet yesterday. Social distancing is impossible in most public settings .. that's why there is the mask requirement. People need not freak out what others are doing or not doing.

Hopefully, we, as a country can stop blaming businesses for other people's behavior. We don't need every business to be a social distancing/mask cop.

The fact that Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens, etc. have all been open for a month now and there haven't been any news stories of breakouts or cases there is a very good thing.

He's really a great actor! Would make an awesome Hook!

Hmmm, Disney's LOVE-ACTION Peter Pan....could be interesting...
:D
Didn't we try this something like 30 years ago? Steven Spielburg was the director. Robin Williams was Peter Pan. How did that go?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter