News Round Up 2020

So basically they just don't want people crowding into the parks early.

I think that's a good way to alleviate that, so long as you have the reservation for DHS on that day you can try to book from anywhere.

Trying to decide if I want to try from my airplane seat or hope to be in the park by 2pm. I land at 12:30pm. I could miss my boarding group if I happened to get an early one. I guess it's not a big deal either way, since I have ridden it a few times now and will have a chance on 2 more days.

I have no idea why someone here thinks this is funny. This is no laughing matter. Hopefully the lady will Be banned from wdw for life.

It said that she was arrested and banned. She will probably get a visit from child protective services too. I find it funny when people get what they deserve. I thought it was just impossible for the details to get worse than the title, but it did. I thought her excuse was just so impossibly hilarious. How clueless can a person be to think that excuse sounds even remotely rational or logical? It's either the funniest thing I have heard in a while, or we all need to bury ourselves in a deep dark hole and sob forever. Since when are you the judge and jury on how people choose to react emotionally?

Trying to decide if I want to try from my airplane seat or hope to be in the park by 2pm. I land at 12:30pm. I could miss my boarding group if I happened to get an early one. I guess it's not a big deal either way, since I have ridden it a few times now and will have a chance on 2 more days.

I'd try if I were you. I'm still yet to ride it.

So, if you don't need to be on property, what does that mean to all the people 'practicing' off-site to get BG's--with no intention of showing up??? Does this mean there are going to be alot of 'fake' BG's floating around with everyone practicing for their future trips?
the only people who can try are guests with valid park tickets for the day and a park reservation.

While it will be nice to not have to arrive before park opening, this will just mean the BGs are gone by 07:00:01 instead of 07:00:02. I would image there will be more people trying to get the first BGs now since they don't have to be in the park.

Until they can increase ride capacity (and improve reliability) moving the BG times won't do much.

We were there 2 weeks ago. Our first day at HS we got BG 39 at the 10am attempt. RotR was down for 90 minutes before noon. Our BG was called at 1:40pm. We made it inside and it broke down for another hour. It was 3:10 before we made it on. A week later, we went to HS with 3 other groups. Of the 4 groups of us trying for a BG at 10am and 2pm, only 1 group was able to get a BG.

j
Ride capacity was increased yesterday when they started boarding 2 groups into each vehicle as long as each party is 4 guests or less

Not necessarily. AP holders could book HS days whenever they wanted to practice getting boarding groups. It could definitely become an issue.
I give the majority of people more credit than that.

there may be some but honestly I don’t think most people would stoop to that level knowing how difficult BGs are to obtain.

Apparently, it was posted on Twitter that you have to be within an hour of the parks, so I guess Orlando area. I will try at 2pm if I am in the park.
This was discussed in the main thread here. I don’t think Disney’s IT is that advanced to know exactly where you are, and what their quantifications are for what’s an hour away. I’m in Tampa, it usually takes me between an hour and an hour and a half to get to the park. I better be able to make BGs at 7am from my home because I for sure can get to HS for a 10am group if I get an early group.

Apparently, it was posted on Twitter that you have to be within an hour of the parks, so I guess Orlando area. I will try at 2pm if I am in the park.

We were told we needed to be inside IOA to get Hagrids, and we were but I'm not sure it was true. They even said closer to the ride the better, but who knows.

Never mind. I see the 2pm you need to be inside DHS so a similar situation.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. AP holders could book HS days whenever they wanted to practice getting boarding groups. It could definitely become an issue.

Though DHS is pretty booked for passholders - especially for the rest of this year.

Not saying some won't try still but not like they can just grab a park reservation that morning to try and if not repeat the next day

I am sure there will be some gaming of the system (like every system) but overall this seems like a net positive move

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter