News Round Up 2020

Just read this - I get they have to say something and try to paint a more positive position, but feels almost insulting to say "yeah, we got rid of these amazing shows everyone loves, but instead we have the cavalcades and Joy in the grass in EPCOT- basically the same thing so stop complaining"
Yeah, the Joy part really got me. Yes, we got rid of all these fantastic shows but now we have Joy waiving to you! I can't believe they led off with that, it kind of made the rest of the statement impotent in my eyes.

I'm sorry all, I know this is a very serious situation but I just can't stop laughing at the absurdity of this statement:
"discovering Joy from “Inside Out” frolicking on the lawn near the Imagination! pavilion in EPCOT"
Like we're supposed to agree that that is just as good as the entertainment that was canned?
My new catch phrase, "why that's just as good as Joy frolicking on the lawn!"

Yeah, I mean I do understand waht Disney was trying to say, but they should have just left out the weak replacement things - which I do understand are necessary at this time. They should have just said something like "Entertainment in the parks is important to us as it is to you and we will work toward bringing these offerings back when it is feasible to do so." They invited comparisons, and that's not going to go too well.

Last edited:

Yeah, I mean I do understand waht Disney was trying to say, but they should have just left out the weak replacement things - with I do understand are necessary at this time. They should have jsut said something liek "Entertainment in the parks is important to us as it is to you and we will work toward bringing these offerings back when it is feasible to do so." They invited comparisons, and that's not going to go too well.
Ya .. that letter just showed how little entertainment offerings they have. LOL.

Has Universal cut its street entertainment like the drummers on the scaffolding or the Blues Brothers?

True ..without having to use it, I've been worried to "miss out" on a huge ride simply because I couldn't click fast enough or not getting to the park early enough. I feel better about it now without the "pressure" of being in the park and being "ready" at a certain time with family in tow. Will be easier to do that from the comfort of a hotel room.

Though what probably will happen is ROPE DROP will be just as crowded now as people just have more time free and will just getting in line for SDD, MMRR or MFSR. Heck .. since this "forces" them to get up before 7:00 AM .. might as well get ready early and head over to the park, right? But I would gather you'll see less congestion of everyone stopping and standing right at 10:00 AM. Heh.
Time will tell but I disagree about rope drop likely being just as crowded. Many of the people who change their reservations from DHS to another park after they fail to get a RotR boarding group were people who were probably going to be there at rope drop if they had to be there to try for a boarding group then. Fewer people going to the park that day likely means fewer people at rope drop. However, I do agree that the percentage of people who do go to DHS that day and decide they may as well go there early since they're already awake will be high.

Yeah, I mean I do understand waht Disney was trying to say, but they should have just left out the weak replacement things - which I do understand are necessary at this time. They should have just said something like "Entertainment in the parks is important to us as it is to you and we will work toward bringing these offerings back when it is feasible to do so." They invited comparisons, and that's not going to go too well.
Perhaps their communications department who would have written a much better "press release" was also canned.... and they had Sadness or Anger writing it instead.

Check out this cool new animatronic video from DisneyResearchHub. Without skin, it is nightmare fuel but it looks like it may redefine what we think of animatronics in the parks.

This video describes the development of a system for lifelike gaze in human-robot interactions using a humanoid animatronic bust. We present a general architecture that seeks not only to create gaze interactions from a technological standpoint, but also through the lens of character animation where the fidelity and believability of motion is paramount; that is we seek to create an interaction that demonstrates the illusion of life.
The stuntronics at la.disneyresearch.com are very cool.

Ya .. that letter just showed how little entertainment offerings they have. LOL.
Has Universal cut its street entertainment like the drummers on the scaffolding or the Blues Brothers?

Nope - saw the brothers - car and all - on Oct. 11th. They're also still doing the HP shows. The Blues Brothers + the two others that appear with them were all in the same car driving to the stage. We didn't see the drummers, but their scaffolding was there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter