News Round Up 2020

I think many people have been waiting to see a message like this. Seems like they could have posted it several weeks ago. I know from reading other threads and from the June trip FB page I'm on that there are some frustrated guests that just wanted to hear something from Disney.
True, but this doesn't really "say" anything besides "we know it's a struggle to plan but there is a lot of unknowns -- suck it up, plan your plans being disrupted and wait for more details."

True, but this doesn't really "say" anything besides "we know it's a struggle to plan but there is a lot of unknowns -- suck it up, plan your plans being disrupted and wait for more details."
It is amazing that Disney keeps telling people to let Disney know what their vacation plans are, but to hell with Disney telling you what their plans are. This is a company that wants you to plan dinner 180 days in advance, but doesn't think it is necessary to let their customers know what their plan is a month from now.

It is amazing that Disney keeps telling people to let Disney know what their vacation plans are, but to hell with Disney telling you what their plans are. This is a company that wants you to plan dinner 180 days in advance, but doesn't think it is necessary to let their customers know what their plan is a month from now.
I’m surprised most here aren’t used to it by now. This is how Disney has always operated at least for the last 10-15 years. They make you plan some things so far out and others they don’t until weeks before. They are inconsistent to say the least.

Reduced hours at first:

Universal Studios Florida: 9am-6pm Daily
Universal’s Islands of Adventure 9am-6pm Daily
Universal’s Volcano Bay 10am-5pm Daily
Universal CityWalk Orlando 6am – 10pm Daily

Masks are required at the theme parks, but only recommended at Volcano Bay (but not in the water).
Still a lot of details needed with less than two weeks to go. I am sure we will get them soon, and obviously re-opening this early is primarily for local and AP holders (since they haven't announced when their hotels are opening).

1) Will reservations be required to get in (to reduce capacity)
2) What rides/attractions will be closed or modified (and how)
3) What will dining look like?
4) Will there be a reduced ticket price since they have reduced hours (and probably reduced # attractions)?

If they have a way of knowing what's happening a month from now then they're worth their weight in gold!!! I don't know what's happening tomorrow.

Do I wish I knew when they'd reopen? Yes

I think they've done their best to estimate when things would reopen and so far they keep having to make changes and adjustments. I think they're hoping to avoid doing this again. Given the fact they started offering Free Dining trips for Jun 1 and have now had to cancel/move all of those, they're not making predictions as they just don't know.

Personally, I'd rather them just not say anything than say something, get people's hopes up and then have to back down on that.

Still a lot of details needed with less than two weeks to go. I am sure we will get them soon, and obviously re-opening this early is primarily for local and AP holders (since they haven't announced when their hotels are opening).

4) Will there be a reduced ticket price since they have reduced hours (and probably reduced # attractions)?

I believe the article says (if not another I read) said no reservations on the 5th.

https://www.universalorlando.com/we...pening-frequently-asked-questions#theme-parks
That link gives a lot of details that answer or partially answer your questions.

I have a feeling Kissimmee will remain closed for a while. Route everyone to the I Drive location to keep operating expenses down. Plus that area is where everything else is opening for the most part.

You’re absolutely right, it doesn’t really say anything. Some people keep fussing that they want Disney to just say anything, but I think for the most part that’s false. No one’s going to be satisfied with any kind of “update” from Disney until that update gives a reopening date.

You’re absolutely right, it doesn’t really say anything. Some people keep fussing that they want Disney to just say anything, but I think for the most part that’s false. No one’s going to be satisfied with any kind of “update” from Disney until that update gives a reopening date.
True .. I think a lot of people would be happy with just some details on HOW they would open .. like specifics.

https://www.universalorlando.com/we...pening-frequently-asked-questions#theme-parks
That link gives a lot of details that answer or partially answer your questions.
For sure .. but really not enough specific details. Like -- they are not taking reservations, but capacity is limited -- how will they handle that? (The lines of potential people waiting to get in, what do they do for the people that show up and are turned away, etc.). I am sure they are still working out some details ..

But that may be a good thing. Less specific details means maybe things are more prone to be "normal" sooner than later. Hopefully all these opening restrictions may only last a month or two. Gotta start somewhere!

humidity is very very low in Arizona. Florida has high humidity makes a big difference.
Lived in the Tampa Bay area from 1959 until 1998. Agree, humidity is a "killer" there, but don't believe all you here about lack of humidity in Arizona. Monsoon season starts late June to mid July when the winds come in from the south. Highs in the 110's and occasional 120+ with humidity is not a pleasant experience. Guess we will find out what wearing a mask is like then; not much we can do about it though.

True .. I think a lot of people would be happy with just some details on HOW they would open .. like specifics.

For sure .. but really not enough specific details. Like -- they are not taking reservations, but capacity is limited -- how will they handle that? (The lines of potential people waiting to get in, what do they do for the people that show up and are turned away, etc.). I am sure they are still working out some details ..

But that may be a good thing. Less specific details means maybe things are more prone to be "normal" sooner than later. Hopefully all these opening restrictions may only last a month or two. Gotta start somewhere!

From what I saw/read directly or from other interpreting it (on Twitter, etc - which obviously isn't official) is that if they hit whatever capacity and you show up then you just can't get in - so just as if they hit capacity on "normal" day

Looking at pics of Disney Springs there were people who wanted to be there opening day but then days after that have been less people. Guessing the parks may be similar until more people feel comfortable and safe going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!