News Round Up 2020

I said “I guess”. The DOJ did admit to discussing the matter with them and expressed their displeasure publicly.
I honestly don’t think the DOJ played a role with this. Challenging Bill Barr in a public battle would almost always be good politically in CA for Newsom. Love Newsom or hate him, he is very politically savvy. He has had instinctive ability to read underlining information in polling and to use that to stay ahead of where public opinion is headed in his electorate for years now. There is something in his internal polling indicating to him that a big shift is coming in how the electorate in CA feels about the current restrictions imposed on them.

I guess the DOJ pressuring them worked. Kind of sad.
Not really. Orange County has always been a bit more “red” in general, and have especially leaned further towards an early reopening compared to the rest of the surrounding area. This isn’t a huge surprise.

Governor Dewine of Ohio was on Meet the Press this morning. First question Chuck Todd asked him was about when Cedar Point could open. He said and I’m paraphrasing we are not there yet and has no idea when they will be able to open.

You don’t know that.
right and they were only pressuring them because they weren't opening when they should be (per the decreasing numbers)
I honestly don’t think the DOJ played a role with this. Challenging Bill Barr in a public battle would almost always be good politically in CA for Newsom. Love Newsom or hate him, he is very politically savvy. He has had instinctive ability to read underlining information in polling and to use that to stay ahead of where public opinion is headed in his electorate for years now. There is something in his internal polling indicating to him that a big shift is coming in how the electorate in CA feels about the current restrictions imposed on them.
Not really. Orange County has always been a bit more “red” in general, and have especially leaned further towards an early reopening compared to the rest of the surrounding area. This isn’t a huge surprise.

My statement was not meant to be political. Please do not turn it into that, because discussing politics on the boards is not allowed. I think this discussion should end now. Thank you

Governor Dewine of Ohio was on Meet the Press this morning. First question Chuck Todd asked him was about when Cedar Point could open. He said and I’m paraphrasing we are not there yet and has no idea when they will be able to open.
CP is a totally different animal than WDW or Universal. It’s small and they have consistently failed at crowd control the last few years (or at least every Halloweekends for the last 20 years). WDW and Universal have the ability to spread crowds out at various parks and attractions. FL is reopening at a faster rate than Ohio, largely, I’m guessing, because of their reliance on tourism money. Sandusky and the Lake Erie Islands rely on tourism, but OH in general doesn’t rely on tourism dollars the way FL does.

CP is a totally different animal than WDW or Universal. It’s small and they have consistently failed at crowd control the last few years (or at least every Halloweekends for the last 20 years). WDW and Universal have the ability to spread crowds out at various parks and attractions. FL is reopening at a faster rate than Ohio, largely, I’m guessing, because of their reliance on tourism money. Sandusky and the Lake Erie Islands rely on tourism, but OH in general doesn’t rely on tourism dollars the way FL does.
I just thought it was an interesting first question.

This may have been mentioned already so forgive me if it has. But I’m watching the Universal show on the Dis Craig mentioned they are no longer giving out free masks at City Walk. If show up without one you have to buy one now to get in.

This may have been mentioned already so forgive me if it has. But I’m watching the Universal show on the Dis Craig mentioned they are no longer giving out free masks at City Walk. If show up without one you have to buy one now to get in.
I don’t believe City Walk ever advertised that they were.

Yes for the theme parks, city walk has never given free ones to my knowledge.
I don’t know he says in their faq now it says:

When you arrive at Universal resort if you do not a mask some are available for purchase.

So it sounds like that is the case for parks also. He talks about this around the 3 minute mark.

I don’t know he says in their faq now it says:

When you arrive at Universal resort if you do not a mask some are available for purchase.

So it sounds like that is the case for parks also. He talks about this around the 3 minute mark.

In the task force notice, they originally said that there would be free ones for the parks. They then retracted that and said they would be available for purchase only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!