News Round Up 2020

No Wandavision on Nov. 27th.

My no knowledge guess would be December 31st premiere for WV

Mandalorian S2 finale-December 18th
Soul-December 25th
Wandavision-December 31st

That way you have a lot more subscribers locked in from October-February than you would if you released Wandavision in November and the season is over in January.

I can’t want see them wanting to keep this closed intentionally given the need for things to do at MK and the popularity. I wonder if they are having delays and a hard time getting parts since this isn’t exactly a normal attraction.

I could see that - but also suspect they aren't in a mode to pay extra for expediated delivery or for workers to work overtime, etc.

I am very "pro" virtual queues (assuming technology works) but doesn't this get back to the "what is there for people to do if they are waiting for their virtual queue return to come up?" wont' this just push more people to non-virtual queues?

If they are doing this in conjunction with adding in socially distant character meets and some more shows and dining or something, then I think this could work, but that is needed

I am very "pro" virtual queues (assuming technology works) but doesn't this get back to the "what is there for people to do if they are waiting for their virtual queue return to come up?" wont' this just push more people to non-virtual queues?

If they are doing this in conjunction with adding in socially distant character meets and some more shows and dining or something, then I think this could work, but that is needed
My experience this last week suggests it won't be a bad thing. The long lines really encroached on normal walking lanes. While they are waiting in lines they aren't eating or shopping in the gift shops. The end result was real crush at lunch time if you didn't think ahead to order. Gift shops had attraction like lines at the end of the day. If you could browse a gift shop while virtually waiting, or be in another actual queue line while virtually waiting it would be nice.
We were afforded that twice in the magic kingdom this trip. My elderly father joined us for his first visit since 84. We rented him an ECV, as he can barely walk some days. Without the disability card, he was put in the virtual cue for Haunted mansion and big thunder. That allowed us a churro break on one and go to the country bear jamboree on the other.

I do think they are doing a good job overall dealing Covid based on my trip last week. That being said the bus lines at the busy times could be organized a little better. They have to take a up a lot of space, and the opportunities at the resorts to that is tough. They really could use an attendant at each resort to organize it a bit better during the morning crush.

Also with the parks closing so early, I so many people at the resorts ordering restaurant delivery from outside disney. I feel like disney is missing an opportunity for revenue, which is unlike them. You could park a food truck at each resort somewhere and make it worth the effort. We stayed at Kidani, between the limited options at Kidani and no Jambo food and beverage, you really were quite limited. You even had to wait 20 minutes to get into the kidani gift shop.

I know I've been a positive supporter of the Skyliner. After having an ECV in our party, and covid restrictions, it really feels like a home run.
edit
We were at the kidani bus stop an hour and 15 minutes early for Epcot, we had 4 scooters ahead of us and a line back to the upper level of the bus stop. We were not going to hit park opening. Instead we immediately hopped on a DHS bus, then got on the skyliner. had a 15 minute wait at the CBR station and still got in the park before 11:30 at the international gateway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!