News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what bugs me about it. The guy is entitled to not like the changes and express that, but he chose to do so in hyperbolic language and with the emotional blackmail element of "my 10 year old daughter was in tears".

Given who he is and what he does, I find it hard to believe he was unaware of how that would stir people up.

I love Andy, but it does seem a bit petty. We all know Disney will milk Star Wars success just like they did frozen.

It's interesting, there are three opposing views (but not limited to those two): 1. Keep Disney as a nestoligia land, 2. Change as much as possible to compete with Universal/newly acquired mystery land Orlando. And the hybrid 3. Change a lot of things , but still keep a lot of it the same.

I think I've been all three of these at one time or another.

FYI Zootopia preview goes into One Mans Dream January 21st

You know, I realize this is an easy space filler, but I think there would be far more interest if they did early pencil test type previews well before the traditional marketing machine starts. It would be more special as an attraction. Presently we walk by thinking 1) we can watch a preview on our ipads and 2) we'll eventually see the movie (or not).

As I type this I realize that these films don't really have pencil tests any more, but some sort of "what we're working on now" feature would be cooler.

You know, I realize this is an easy space filler, but I think there would be far more interest if they did early pencil test type previews well before the traditional marketing machine starts. It would be more special as an attraction. Presently we walk by thinking 1) we can watch a preview on our ipads and 2) we'll eventually see the movie (or not).

As I type this I realize that these films don't really have pencil tests any more, but some sort of "what we're working on now" feature would be cooler.
These are longer than trailers they are usually 10-12 minutes bits of the film. So you can't really watch this on your iPad but I get where you are coming from.

These are longer than trailers they are usually 10-12 minutes bits of the film. So you can't really watch this on your iPad but I get where you are coming from.

Indeed you do ;). I figured they were longer form, but that gets to the "I can see that whole movie in a week or so" part of my disinterest. I would be very interested in an annual Pixar/Disney studios tour where they poked in on artists to find out what's doing.

@rteetz, are you seeing on the wdwmagic boards that DHS construction for both TSL and SWL begins next Monday, 04Jan2016? Several posters are sighting this now as the official start date. Martin was also talking again about the LPS trackless ride system and how it is going to have every thing including the kitchen sink thrown into it by WDI…and that the Millennium Falcon ride will also be amazing as well.

@rteetz, are you seeing on the wdwmagic boards that DHS construction for both TSL and SWL begins next Monday, 04Jan2016? Several posters are sighting this now as the official start date. Martin was also talking again about the LPS trackless ride system and how it is going to have every thing including the kitchen sink thrown into it by WDI…and that the Millennium Falcon ride will also be amazing as well.
Yep I posted that things are supposed to start in the DHS thread.

Love the Zootopia trailer. The character design, the appeal, the world... I truly believe Walt Disney Animation is going through their second renaissance.

And I do agree that a ''Making of...'' would be more interesting to show along with an exclusive preview, especially once the film has been released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter