I keep reading so many positive things about Geyser point! I need to get there!!

It is so cozy and we all loved our drinks!!

Ugh I'm sorry to read about your Storybook dining experience since I know you guys were looking forward to it so much!

It was a rough meal!

I had a miserable experience in February this year that made me say I would never go back ever but I was with coworkers and Mike wanted to experience it. That, combined with the menu change, made me give in to going back on our Fall trip and we had an amazing time. It sucks for it to be so hit or miss though especially since it's an expensive meal if you're paying OOP.

I have a feeling we will also be back at some point. If I end up helping Dopey, Grumpy, Snow and the Queen there this Spring, I'll get to see more of it and experience those really good nights!

I feel the need to sincerely apologize for my abhorrent grammar in my last TWO replies. Please know that I do actually have a fair grasp of the English language and its construction.

First I use to instead of too and then I say you're when it should have been your. I'm turning into my own worst enemy and you don't deserve to be the victim of such an egregious decay of language.

I feel the need to sincerely apologize for my abhorrent grammar in my last TWO replies. Please know that I do actually have a fair grasp of the English language and its construction.

First I use to instead of too and then I say you're when it should have been your. I'm turning into my own worst enemy and you don't deserve to be the victim of such an egregious decay of language.

im SCREAMING @ this... reminds me of this one Yahoo! Questions reply I saw once where a guy was like "U dun need no edumacashun to write on Facetube or Youbook or whatever!"

Our Posh Morning by the Pool
8/22: Disney's Animal Kingdom
Thursday morning was the morning my mother was looking forward to the most... our private cabana rental morning!

When we stayed at the Grand Floridian back in 2014, we rented a private cabana by the Beach Pool. I was at Magic Kingdom for most of that day, but my family enjoyed it so much that mom insisted we book it again for this trip. We called the recreation hotline about a month before our arrival date to book it in advance, and we had the cabana from 10:00-2:00. I would normally rope drop a park during all of this, but today, I really wanted to relax before heading to Moonlight Magic.

I shared a Roaring Fork donut on the cabana with dad.

49284860717_2043e4eee1_b.jpg

This was okay! It tasted like a store-bought, Entenmann's quality donut with extra icing and fruity pebbles.

It didn't take all of us very long to get ready for the pool. Mom got out of bed, like, 20 minutes before our rental and was ready to roll when the time came for us to check in.

49284177538_59f69e5337_b.jpg

We went down to the Beach Pool and went to the desk that's tucked over by the women's changing room. The CM checked us in and let us know that she would be around to help us if we needed anything throughout the day!

Here's our Cabana for the day!

49284861092_606d82e218_b.jpg

We loved our private cabana, which included these two gorgeous recliners out front.

49284865657_88572bc850_b.jpg

The inside of our cabana had three chairs, two sofas, a table, a mini-fridge stocked with drinks and a fruit tray, utensils and cups, a fan, and a television in the corner.

49284657261_ecff880575_b.jpg

49284181843_607d223500_b.jpg

49284181628_85cb6efaee_b.jpg

49284864797_4b1dc78250_b.jpg

Nobody in our family got around to trying the fruit or the drinks, unfortunately. Grace and I decided to head to Gasparilla Island once we got settled in so I could grab an orange-vanilla coke in my resort mug and she got an iced tea.

We loved our cabana so much! We really appreciated having a place to put our stuff down and reserved seating, even this early in the morning. There was always at least one of us in the cabana or on the chairs, so we never felt like our bags/phones/cameras were unsafe. These cabanas are situated near the Beach Pool, which is the zero-depth entry pool featuring the slide. Despite being the "busier" of the two pools, it was pretty quiet.

We swam in the pool and relaxed until noon. We were swimming with another DVC family who would also be joining us at Moonlight Magic that evening! They had two daughters, and one of them really wanted to go to school to be an animator for Disney, and the other was talking to be about the Disney College Program-- she actually was about to start culinary school and apply for the Culinary Program, but I was able to talk to her about the apartments and application process.

By noon, we were pretty hungry, so we put in our first (and I guess only) drink and food order.

49284656576_de8da2dacb_b.jpg

49284864522_939a774b40_b.jpg

I ordered a drink that wasn't featured here on the menu, but is a classic Disney pool bar staple: the Piña Colava!

49284863922_f83abf1405_b.jpg

Look at this little GF plastic drink frill!

49284180473_0fdfa00b9b_b.jpg

This drink... OMG.

This drink probably takes the cake as my new favorite drink on property. I'm not a huge piña colada fan, but when you mix it with all that sweet and tart raspberry puree, OMG it is so delicious. It is the PERFECT poolside beverage and I can't wait to indulge next time I'm at a WDW Resort pool, which will probably be the bar at the Surfboard Bay Pool at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort on February 1st did I just say that here out loud oh no shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

We decided we'd order all three Surfboards since we skipped breakfast and knew we wouldn't be eating dinner until closer to 7.

49284655421_ef257be86f_b.jpg

49284180048_91a649a7a8_b.jpg

The chicken tenders had the perfect kick to them from the buffalo sauce. We all enjoyed them except for Grace, who doesn't touch buffalo sauce.

The hot dogs were also very good. They were nothing special, but they were miles better than the hot dogs at Casey's Corner and who doesn't appreciate a hot dog after a morning by the pool?

The cheeseburger sliders were everyone's unanimous favorite! There was just the perfect ratio of meat, cheese, and bun going on there, they were little pockets of delicious cheeseburger goodness.

All in all, these surfboard platters were all fantastic and miles better than what they previously served. Back in 2014, we ordered a pizza by the pool that was pretty bad. We did NOT need all three, so if you're a family of four like us, I recommend ordering just two. I would get the chicken tenders and then choose between the hot dogs and cheeseburgers. Or just get all three like we did. Far be it from me to stop you from ordering whatever you'd like at your own private cabana.

After a morning in the sunny pool, with a belly stuffed with piña colava and surfboard food, I decided a nap was in order. First I laid down on the couch in the cabana, but after about half an hour, there wasn't much time left with our rental, so I told my family I was going back up to the room where I took a formal, proper nap!

'Twas a WONDERFUL poolside cabana experience and I highly recommend it!

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:

So sorry your Storybook Dining experience wasn't stellar! I would have been really upset about the Dopey-photo incident, too, especially because he doesn't have a normal M&G anywhere else!

The poolside cabana sounds wonderful! What a nice way to relax and enjoy the resort. Maybe someday... :)

our private cabana rental morning!

It didn't take all of us very long to get ready for the pool.
GIRL STOP. You are giving off serious Sharpay vibes and I am HERE for it

The inside of our cabana had three chairs, two sofas, a table, a mini-fridge stocked with drinks and a fruit tray, utensils and cups, a fan, and a television in the corner.
I'm physically drooling from jealousy right now.

so I could grab an orange-vanilla coke
The best Coke

which will probably be the bar at the Surfboard Bay Pool at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort on February 1st did I just say that here out loud oh no shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Okay did I miss something? Is this a thing? This seems like a very specific thing.

We all enjoyed them except for Grace, who doesn't touch buffalo sauce.
I'm with Grace. Give me BBQ sauce all day but buffalo can go get dumped down a well.

Okay now you have me researching cabana rentals at Beach Club because that sounds incredible...

So sorry your Storybook Dining experience wasn't stellar! I would have been really upset about the Dopey-photo incident, too, especially because he doesn't have a normal M&G anywhere else!

It was def. a bummer of a dinner, but I guess it evens out in the grand scheme of awesome meals we had this trip! Like you said, Dopey doesn't really meet anywhere else, so it was a pretty sad moment.

The poolside cabana sounds wonderful! What a nice way to relax and enjoy the resort. Maybe someday... :)

It was such a relaxing experience!!

3cb43ed9892852622d76874eef787626.gif

GIRL STOP. You are giving off serious Sharpay vibes and I am HERE for it

Comparing me to Sharpay, my idol, is the fastest way to make me cry real tears;... thank you so much

I'm physically drooling from jealousy right now.

GIRL COME JOIN US NEXT TIME

The best Coke

YES IT IS THE BEST FLAVOR

Okay did I miss something? Is this a thing? This seems like a very specific thing.

It is, I just haven't discussed it here yet :upsidedow I've been quiet about it but I'll be at All-Star Sports from the 1-3 before my check-in date for the Program!

I'm with Grace. Give me BBQ sauce all day but buffalo can go get dumped down a well.

Okay now you have me researching cabana rentals at Beach Club because that sounds incredible...

I HIGHLY recommend a Beach Club cabana!!! That sounds like an amazing time!!

We did a cabana pool rental on our last trip, but it was at the Contemporary. I was very glad to see your pictures, as the set up is almost identical. It was - without a doubt - the best money we spent during the entire trip. I want to try and rent one at Grand Floridian when our next trip comes around (whenever that might be). And I'm so bummed that your Artist Pointe dinner was disappointing. It was the best meal and character interaction we had during our trip. It is unfortunate that the random draw of cast member and the pace of dinner can hinder the experience.

Everything about your cabana rental morning sounds perfect! We don't usually spend a lot of time at the pool on trips but this sounds like the way to do it! Those surfboards and the pina colava all sound amazing!

We did a cabana pool rental on our last trip, but it was at the Contemporary. I was very glad to see your pictures, as the set up is almost identical. It was - without a doubt - the best money we spent during the entire trip. I want to try and rent one at Grand Floridian when our next trip comes around (whenever that might be). And I'm so bummed that your Artist Pointe dinner was disappointing. It was the best meal and character interaction we had during our trip. It is unfortunate that the random draw of cast member and the pace of dinner can hinder the experience.

Yes! The Pool Cabanas are absolutely incredible, one of the best experiences outside of the Parks at Disney! I highly recommend renting one at GF for your next vacation!

It was a rough night for us, but I know many people who have had a great time at Storybook Dining! It's one of the most inconsistent restaurants I've ever read about, but I'd LOVE to give it a try on a good night!

Everything about your cabana rental morning sounds perfect! We don't usually spend a lot of time at the pool on trips but this sounds like the way to do it! Those surfboards and the pina colava all sound amazing!

It was truly a perfect morning by the pool! I also try not to spend time at the pool during my trips, but since we had the cabana and a late night out at DAK, I decided I'd skip rope drop for it. Really amazing experience, really tasty food!

You probably had a bad experience because of your inexperienced server.

Oh, I don't blame my server at all for the problems we ran into at Storybook Dining! She was really lovely and helpful-- it was a combination of kitchen issues and entertainment department snafus that wrecked the night. No big deal!

Mah Ehwah
When I woke up from my nap, I took a proper shower and got ready for our night at DAK. The rest of the family had returned from the pool, so we were all chilling for about an hour in the room. I checked DISboards, updated my travel journal, and ran down to the lobby to use that Nespresso machine.

At 4(ish?), I went back down to the Villas Lobby to look for the DVC Guide who was facilitating check-in. For Moonlight Magic, if you're staying on property at a DVC resort, you can check in right in the DVC lobby! Our guide was standing right where the big "DVC table" was, right next to the back entrance of the lobby. I presented my DVC card and driver's license and he gave me our goodies for the night: maps, dining vouchers, game tickets, and wristbands!

49315986308_96c4a60f50_b.jpg

We were able to put our wristbands on whichever wrist we liked.

After we finished getting ready to go, we made the hike back over to the bus hub. As I predicted, the buses for DAK were PACKED for the evening! We had to wait for a second bus. Thankfully, there were no shortages of bus this evening, so we only waited maybe 10 or 15 minutes in total before we were boarding.

After a mostly uneventful ride to the Park, we started heading for the gates. Before we could tap in, dad ran into someone he knew! His cousins were also attending Moonlight Magic! We stopped and talked to them for maybe 10 minutes? And then we tapped in. We almost had a snafu on our hands! Dad tried to go in to the DVC party wristband entry, not the tap-styles. I told everyone beforehand that we'd have to go in through the tap-styles before the party, since we had FP+ made, and we would be sent to MagicBand Jail if we tried to use a FP+ without having tapped into the Parks first. Explained it in great detail before our vacation, before we left the room, once we got on the bus, and once we got off the bus. And then he tried to do the thing I told him not to do. And mom said, "why does it matter?" No big deal. It's fine. Only four times total explained, three in the span of that same hour. Totally good. We're good.

Moving on!

We went right to Pandora, because we had a FP+ to use at Flight of Passage. It would be everyone's first time riding in!

Dad wasn't sure he'd fit on it, so he tried out one of the test seats out front and said everything was fine. I knew this was not a very accommodating ride for larger guests, so I was a little worried for him.

We got through the FP+ entry and queue without incident and then made it into the pre-show room. Er, the first of the pre-show rooms. Here's where I have a problem with Flight of Passage: the pre-show is just straight up bad. Like, 20 minutes of complete drivel from a scientist talking with his face right up against the camera split into two different rooms. Even the cool "interactive" stuff where they scan your body isn't that fun. I feel like when a pre-show is this dragged out, it hinders the general rerideability. Am I the only one who feels this way?

When we finally made it to the ride room, we found out that dad would not actually fit on the ride :( We were all sad about it, but dad took it like a champ and went outside to wait in the exit room with another CM while the rest of us went on our first ever Flight of Passage.

I thought it was fun! I am personally not a huge fan of rides that are like, stationary vehicles with screens/immersive feature, but I knew what to expect going in and for what it was, I thought it was executed well. Really great scenery, very realistic movement on the "Banshee," and I loved the scent! Grace, who was freaking out about having to ride this ride during the PTR, loved it, as well as mom. They both agreed that this was their new favorite ride on property. I can't agree to that, but nonetheless, I loved it and I'm glad it's off my list!

When we caught up with dad afterwards, a CM explained that for the trouble, we would each be getting three FP+ that could be used anywhere on property except for Slinky Dog Dash. We thanked him and went on our way!

We decided it was time for a snack, so we headed to Pongu Pongu. We each got a Night Blossom and a Pongo Lumpia!

49316482331_dcff460946_b.jpg

49315991868_8870d9f279_b.jpg

I LOVED BOTH OF THESE!! So tasty!!! I'm drooling thinking about how quickly I'm going to snatch these up again when I get back down there next month!

The Night Blossom is a frozen drink with limeade and apple and pear and passion fruit boba. It is so sweet and tart and delicious. It took no time at all to finish it.

The Pongo Lumpia is a thin, crispy fried wrapper that holds a smooth and creamy mixture of pineapple and cream cheese. Again. SO GOOD. It was just sweet enough and so crunchy on the outside... ugh, two of my new most favorite snacks on property. How I miss thee.

As we were waiting, dad ran into ANOTHER family of people he knew! His neighbors from growing up were also here for Moonlight Magic. Once we were finished talking to them, we decided to head to Flame Tree BBQ to use our free food vouchers.

... As we left Pandora and were walking towards Flame Tree, dad ran into ANOTHER PERSON HE KNEW!!! One of his old firefighter buddies!!! Truly all of the central NJ region was here and registered to participate in the Disney Vacation Club MOONLIGHT MAGIC Member Exclusive After-Hours Event.

We eventually made it to Flame, and the line was really long with Members ready to use their vouchers, but it moved very quickly. Everyone in the fam got the same thing, which was the sampler platter with chicken, ribs, and pulled pork. Eventually we found an empty table to sit down and enjoy our meal.

49316488396_aaebb5fef6_b.jpg

When we were done eating, it was almost time for the party to commence!

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
For Moonlight Magic, if you're staying on property at a DVC resort, you can check in right in the DVC lobby!
Ooo noted!

Totally good. We're good.
It's fine. We're fine.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
Nope. I wish there was a FP to skip the pre-show. Like seriously just put me on a banshee, I don't give a hoot what Dr What's-His-Name has to say. And it's not even entertaining! Give me the FoP version of Dr. Grant Seeker and I'd be all in.

When we finally made it to the ride room, we found out that dad would not actually fit on the ride :( We were all sad about it, but dad took it like a champ and went outside to wait in the exit room with another CM while the rest of us went on our first ever Flight of Passage.
Oh boo! What good is a test if it doesn't actually work??

When we caught up with dad afterwards, a CM explained that for the trouble, we would each be getting three FP+ that could be used anywhere on property except for Slinky Dog Dash.
Oh well that was nice at least. Excited to see what you choose (my bet is Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage but who knows)

As we were waiting, dad ran into ANOTHER family of people he knew!
Wait does your dad know Every Single Human?

we decided to head to Flame Tree BBQ to use our free food vouchers.
There are no words to express my love for Flame Tree.

Also, you can use your vouchers before the party starts, right? Are you supposed to use them before it starts or could you do it after?

dad ran into ANOTHER PERSON HE KNEW!!
Ah so yes

Explained it in great detail before our vacation, before we left the room, once we got on the bus, and once we got off the bus. And then he tried to do the thing I told him not to do. And mom said, "why does it matter?" No big deal. It's fine. Only four times total explained, three in the span of that same hour. Totally good. We're good.

Actually ME when my dad questions my Disney planning. Smh. We love our dads :rotfl:

Here's where I have a problem with Flight of Passage: the pre-show is just straight up bad. Like, 20 minutes of complete drivel from a scientist talking with his face right up against the camera split into two different rooms. Even the cool "interactive" stuff where they scan your body isn't that fun. I feel like when a pre-show is this dragged out, it hinders the general rerideability. Am I the only one who feels this way?

I 100% agree! I actually felt like the pre-show where they scan your body and stuff made me extremely claustrophobic and anxious. I really enjoyed the ride itself, but I have no desire to experience the pre-shows again. Also agree that while the technology is extremely impressive and I enjoyed the overall experience, it certainly isn't my favorite ride on property.

Sounds like you guys were off to a fun start at Moonlight Magic!! :)

Nope. I wish there was a FP to skip the pre-show. Like seriously just put me on a banshee, I don't give a hoot what Dr What's-His-Name has to say. And it's not even entertaining! Give me the FoP version of Dr. Grant Seeker and I'd be all in.

UGH I AM SO GLAD YOU AGREE!!! Dr What's-His-Name is henceforth his official name!!!!! He has a PhD in Drivel & Rambling. From the University of Gibberish.

Oh boo! What good is a test if it doesn't actually work??

Wish I could tell you!!

Oh well that was nice at least. Excited to see what you choose (my bet is Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage but who knows)

I actually chose MuppetVision 3D three times, but you were close

Wait does your dad know Every Single Human?

Yes

There are no words to express my love for Flame Tree.

Also, you can use your vouchers before the party starts, right? Are you supposed to use them before it starts or could you do it after?

Yes! The only get distributed at/after 4, so you can use them any time after that for the rest of the day, including during Moonlight Magic! I just don't recommend eating during MM because it's such a limited timeframe and the lines can get long!

Ah so yes

Yup!

Actually ME when my dad questions my Disney planning. Smh. We love our dads :rotfl:

Literally!!!

I 100% agree! I actually felt like the pre-show where they scan your body and stuff made me extremely claustrophobic and anxious. I really enjoyed the ride itself, but I have no desire to experience the pre-shows again. Also agree that while the technology is extremely impressive and I enjoyed the overall experience, it certainly isn't my favorite ride on property.

I am so glad we're on the same page here!!! Such a weird and claustrophobic experience!!

Sounds like you guys were off to a fun start at Moonlight Magic!! :)

It was such a fun night!

DVC Moonlight Magic sounds really fun.
I love FoP, hate the pre show with the um guy
I also love a night blossom, I will have to try the lumpia sp? It does get good reviews. It will be the 2nd thing from your reports I will try. I tried the mango pie at Y&Y QS because of your review, so yummy!
Excited to hear more!

With a minor in unnecessary nonsense.

You said it!!!

Three times in a row, right?

Twice, then a stop to get a cannoli from Pizzarizzo, then the third time.

DVC Moonlight Magic sounds really fun.
I love FoP, hate the pre show with the um guy
I also love a night blossom, I will have to try the lumpia sp? It does get good reviews. It will be the 2nd thing from your reports I will try. I tried the mango pie at Y&Y QS because of your review, so yummy!
Excited to hear more!

MM was a really fun evening!

Glad I'm not alone in my hatred towards pre-show guy!

Night blossom is AMAZING! I feel so honored to have lead you to the Mango Pie, it's one of our favorites!

I can't wait to update again!

For Moonlight Magic, if you're staying on property at a DVC resort, you can check in right in the DVC lobby! Our guide was standing right where the big "DVC table" was, right next to the back entrance of the lobby.

That's really smart and convenient!

xplained it in great detail before our vacation, before we left the room, once we got on the bus, and once we got off the bus. And then he tried to do the thing I told him not to do. And mom said, "why does it matter?" No big deal. It's fine. Only four times total explained, three in the span of that same hour. Totally good. We're good.

:rotfl: :rotfl: Legit my parents when we have to do anything organized.

Here's where I have a problem with Flight of Passage: the pre-show is just straight up bad.

YES! And the extended versions when they need more time are even more painful.

When we caught up with dad afterwards, a CM explained that for the trouble, we would each be getting three FP+ that could be used anywhere on property except for Slinky Dog Dash. We thanked him and went on our way!

That was nice especially since clearly the test seat wasn't accurate.

As we were waiting, dad ran into ANOTHER family of people he knew!

Your dad and my dad might be related lol. He runs into people he knows anywhere we go!

I didn't realize how far behind I was on your trip report!

What a fun reunion with your DCP friends! It's a shame your Num Num Cookie wasn't very good - I've heard nothing but great things about it, so perhaps you'll have to try it again sometime when you're back in Disney? (I'm also sad to hear about the changes to the Carrot Cake Cookie. That's one of my favorite Disney snacks and I'll have to see what I think about the new version!)

What a frustrating meal at Artist Point! I'm so glad your dad had a wonderful experience with Grumpy since that's what he was most looking forward to. I think you probably had a comedy of errors considering how many things went wrong with your meal (how much time it took, the cold food, the delayed and rushed character interactions), but I understand your lack of desire to return. I feel the same way about Coral Reef after our experience with a pushy server and really bad food.

Wow, your cabana rental sounded like a ton of fun! It looked really nice and I'm sure it was great to have a low-key day. Your lunch looks really good, too! (I love the surfboards!)

Moonlight Magic sounds like great fun! It's too bad your dad had to miss out on FoP, but how nice that they gave you three anytime FPs for your trouble. That Night Blossom drink is on my must-try list - I really appreciate your thorough description of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!